Healthcare Issues

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Healthcare Issues

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 3:39 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:23 am
Worst health care system in the western world.
But also the most profitable. That's where the problems are.
Lindsey Graham says most Democrats would 'jump out the window' if they had to vote on Medicare for All

He might be correct :( :angry-banghead: . We saw how Big Insurance and Big Pharma manipulated Obamacare.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 7:16 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 3:39 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:23 am
Worst health care system in the western world.
But also the most profitable. That's where the problems are.
Lindsey Graham says most Democrats would 'jump out the window' if they had to vote on Medicare for All

He might be correct :( :angry-banghead: . We saw how Big Insurance and Big Pharma manipulated Obamacare.
It's the aca and it's true also that Obama worked with Big Insurance and Big Pharma to saddle us with this Heritage Society scam.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Great, now we've got:
CDC seeks answers after 6 kids die from hepatitis outbreak that has spread to 36 states

Then, there's the monkey pox virus, which has suddenly, simultaneously and mysteriously popped up in a bunch of nations that have never seen it before. Anyone else getting a 12 Monkeys vibe from that?
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

There's an interesting article floating around about how Covid-19 actually may have been the product of lab research. But not just one lab.

If anyone is interested I'll post a link.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Damn, you might have to start exercising!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I am O+ and have been half crazy for decades.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:04 am
Cool. When did you decide to go all the way? :P

More seriously:
13-year-old Georgia girl goes to hospital with headache, dies of leukemia just hours later

A 13-year-old Georgia girl who went to the emergency room with a headache died from undiagnosed leukemia less than 12 hours later....
I've heard of sepsis, MIs, CVAs, trauma, toxins, etc killing so rapidly, never a cancer. :cry:
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:04 am
Cool. When did you decide to go all he way? :P

More seriously:
13-year-old Georgia girl goes to hospital with headache, dies of leukemia just hours later

A 13-year-old Georgia girl who went to the emergency room with a headache died from undiagnosed leukemia less than 12 hours later....
I've heard of sepsis, MIs, CVAs, trauma, toxins, etc killing so rapidly, never a cancer. :cry:
Probably got the jab. :roll:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yeah, the kid will likely be the next member of the "died suddenly" club the wingnuts created. Idiots.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:00 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 pm
More seriously:

Probably got the jab. :roll:
:lol:

TV news: Americans without health insurance has hit a record low of 7.7%. Thank you, Barack and Joe!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:16 am

TV news: Americans without health insurance has hit a record low of 7.7%. Thank you, Barack and Joe!
Really? Are you sure?

That's incredible! :-|| :happy-cheerleaderkid: :clap:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:57 am
Vrede too wrote:

Really? Are you sure?

25,564,000 without insurance is what happens when your dem-lite president hawks a Heritage Society bs plan that only existed because the right needed smoke and mirrors to defeat the Single Payer Hillary was pushing.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Really? Are you sure?
You made me check.
New HHS Report Shows National Uninsured Rate Reached All-Time Low in 2023 After Record-Breaking ACA Enrollment Period

Today, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released a new report showing that the national uninsured rate reached an all-time low of 7.7 percent in early 2023. Approximately 6.3 million people have now gained coverage since 2020, coinciding with the beginning of the Biden-Harris Administration in January 2021. This is the first report on the uninsured rate since the historic ACA Open Enrollment period that ended this past January. The success of that enrollment period, during which a record-breaking 16 million Americans enrolled in coverage through HealthCare.gov or state websites, helped the nation’s uninsured rate reach a historic low, breaking last year’s record....

“The Inflation Reduction Act has played a critical role in helping more Americans afford coverage through the Affordable Care Act. And this year, the nation's uninsured rate reached an all-time low, even breaking last year's record," said HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra. "HHS will continue to do everything we can to help Americans keep or get coverage and have access to quality, affordable health care.” ...
I did notice lots of ACA advertising, I think more than TRE45QN was doing.

:happy-cheerleaderkid:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:16 am
25,564,000 without insurance is what happens when your dem-lite president hawks a Heritage Society bs plan that only existed because the right needed smoke and mirrors to defeat the Single Payer Hillary was pushing.
Hillary had pushed single payer 16 years earlier, but by 2010 she was out of the Senate and did not play any role in drafting the ACA. During the 2008 campaign Hillary and Barack's chief difference was in whether there would be an individual mandate or not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affordabl ... E2%80%9310

I think we all agree that the ACA is deeply flawed, but until we have single payer I can still celebrate the ACA's victory and Joe's management in making the uninsured rate better than it's ever been.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:29 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Really? Are you sure?
You made me check.
New HHS Report Shows National Uninsured Rate Reached All-Time Low in 2023 After Record-Breaking ACA Enrollment Period

Today, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released a new report showing that the national uninsured rate reached an all-time low of 7.7 percent in early 2023. Approximately 6.3 million people have now gained coverage since 2020, coinciding with the beginning of the Biden-Harris Administration in January 2021. This is the first report on the uninsured rate since the historic ACA Open Enrollment period that ended this past January. The success of that enrollment period, during which a record-breaking 16 million Americans enrolled in coverage through HealthCare.gov or state websites, helped the nation’s uninsured rate reach a historic low, breaking last year’s record....

“The Inflation Reduction Act has played a critical role in helping more Americans afford coverage through the Affordable Care Act. And this year, the nation's uninsured rate reached an all-time low, even breaking last year's record," said HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra. "HHS will continue to do everything we can to help Americans keep or get coverage and have access to quality, affordable health care.” ...
I did notice lots of ACA advertising, I think more than TRE45QN was doing.

:happy-cheerleaderkid:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:16 am
Hillary had pushed single payer 16 years earlier, but by 2010 she was out of the Senate and did not play any role in drafting the ACA. During the 2008 campaign Hillary and Barack's chief difference was in whether there would be an individual mandate or not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affordabl ... E2%80%9310

I think we all agree that the ACA is deeply flawed, but until we have single payer I can still celebrate the ACA's victory and Joe's management in making the uninsured rate better than it's ever been.
The aca, just like employer insurance satisfies enough I, Me, Mine people who soon forget the plight of others and further delays attempts to implement coverage for all.

What we call the aca and fox call Obama care was created by the Heritage (group / foundation / assholes / whatevers) as Bob Dole's response to what we called Single Payer and fox called Hillary- (she's not the president)-Care. It was later co-opted by mittens as Romneycare and finally by Obama as the aca.
All in all, it continues to be great at transferring wealth to the insurance companies at a time when 30% guaranteed profits on top of overhead filled with waste and fraud are disastrous to the middle class, and completely unnecessary. Medicare part D with its 2 or 3 percent overhead could provide health-care to everyone at half the cost. If all income paid into the system, the middle class could get a huge tax break on payroll taxes which now stand at 15% for all but the rich, who pay close to zero.
Obama gave us a republican plan and made it even harder to push a plan for all.

The great orator not trying to sell SP is proof enough to me that he never intended to try.
Were people shown that their Payroll taxes could be cut in half?
Were plans from other countries showing superior care at less cost described?
No effort was made to sell it to the right. Instead the left bought into the notion that he couldn't do 2 things at once.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I think everybody here knows that the "Medicare Advantage" plans are (a) not exactly as advertised; and (b) a poor choice for geezers to make. Here's another reason to avoid them:
"Popular Scripps doctor groups said to have ‘terminated’ Medicare Advantage contracts"

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... 2Fsandiego

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:21 am
I think everybody here knows that the "Medicare Advantage" plans are (a) not exactly as advertised; and (b) a poor choice for geezers to make. Here's another reason to avoid them:
"Popular Scripps doctor groups said to have ‘terminated’ Medicare Advantage contracts"

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... 2Fsandiego
I kinda think bush and the republicans have succeeded in privatizing Medicare. Unless this Advantage bs is eliminated, Medicare doesn't have long to live.
At the very least Medicare money shouldn't be used over and above actual claim amounts.

All that should need to be said about this crap program can be simply put by saying - this is a bush/ cheney plan. Can you think of anything bush or cheney did to benefit people?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Enrollment is about half and half now.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:56 am
I wonder if liberals make up half of the half.

Call Medicare- while on hold there's an Advantage commercial
The Medicare book touts Advantage
Mailers from Medicare (and every private insurer) are all in for Advantage.

It's an insidious ruin of a functioning program, yet I've not heard a dem speak against it since it was passed.

Yeah, another reason I won't vote dem

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:21 am

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... tage-plans
To put it "mildly" ;) :
viewtopic.php?p=174758#p174758
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:02 pm
... BTW Medicare Advantage is not Medicare. It is old style private insurance, but paid for by stealing from Medicare.
Please do not get Medicare Advantage and please ask your Democratic Congresspeople to end Lil bush's poison pill designed to kill Medicare. People are being tricked into this republican scam designed to bankrupt Medicare.
viewtopic.php?p=182053#p182053
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:00 am
... This deceitful method to destroy public programs is also destroying Medicare with our public tax dollars going to support privatizing Medicare. And it's working, even dems voters are buying into bush's plan to privatize Medicare and our politicians are silent about the effects, just as our politicians have accepted private schools and churches taking tax dollars, they have accepted the return of health insurance for the elderly to big insurance, their waste, advertising and 30% profits.
Even Medicare's website and various publications promote the wonders of Medicare Advantage.

The reply from most dems is, "but it works for me"; omitted is - but it won't work for my children and grandchildren.

The more insidious of republican plans are far sighted in implementation as seen in their destruction of public schools and Medicare and promotion of the long range expansion of Hillsdale College.

Fuck you shrub.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:48 am
I kinda think bush and the republicans have succeeded in privatizing Medicare. Unless this Advantage bs is eliminated, Medicare doesn't have long to live.
At the very least Medicare money shouldn't be used over and above actual claim amounts.

All that should need to be said about this crap program can be simply put by saying - this is a bush/ cheney plan. Can you think of anything bush or cheney did to benefit people?
Just one thing:
President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief

The United States President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is a United States governmental initiative to address the global HIV/AIDS epidemic and help save the lives of those suffering from the disease. Launched by U.S. President George W. Bush in 2003, as of May 2020, PEPFAR has provided about $90 billion in cumulative funding for HIV/AIDS treatment, prevention, and research since its inception, making it the largest global health program focused on a single disease in history until the COVID-19 pandemic. PEPFAR is implemented by a combination of U.S. government agencies in over 50 countries and overseen by the Global AIDS Coordinator at the United States Department of State. As of 2023, PEPFAR has saved over 25 million lives, primarily in Sub-Saharan Africa.
:-|| If Bill Clinton was our first African-American POTUS, Shrub was our first African POTUS.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:12 am
O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:56 am
I wonder if liberals make up half of the half.

Call Medicare- while on hold there's an Advantage commercial
The Medicare book touts Advantage
Mailers from Medicare (and every private insurer) are all in for Advantage.

It's an insidious ruin of a functioning program, yet I've not heard a dem speak against it since it was passed.

Yeah, another reason I won't vote dem
A few:
https://www.thenation.com/article/polit ... alth-care/
... Every year, the insurance industry gets its allies in Congress to send a letter to the White House, urging high payments and no new meddlesome regulation. It is an important flexing of political muscle: Last year, the letter from the House had more than 300 signatures. But this year, progressive advocates led by Social Security Works organized a decline-to-sign campaign. Representative Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), who had once been a lead author of the letter, started educating his colleagues about the problems with Medicare Advantage. As a result, the insurance industry did not even circulate the letter in the House, because it knew it would get far fewer signatures. As more and more people speak out about the denials and delays of care and the abuse and fraud in the system, our elected leaders are taking notice and beginning to talk about protecting Medicare from the corporate greed that is trying to devour it....
Social Security Works: About Us
Party affiliations not listed, may be searchable. I think Bernie! has also trashed Medicare Advantage, but I couldn't easily find it.
1312. ETTD.