trump Took All Sorts of Documents?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: trump Took All Sorts of Documents?

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:04 pm
The desperation is starting to stink like three day old fish.

With good reason.
Court seems skeptical of Trump claims in Mar-a-Lago case

A federal appeals court appeared deeply skeptical Tuesday that former President Donald Trump was entitled to challenge an FBI search of his Florida estate or to have an independent arbiter review documents that were seized from the home.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, including two Trump appointees, repeatedly suggested Trump was seeking special treatment in asking that the “special master” conduct an independent inspection of records taken in the Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago.

“Other than the fact that this involves a former president, everything else about this is indistinguishable from any pre-indictment search warrant,” said William Pryor, the court's chief judge, a George W. Bush appointee....

The judges indicated through their questioning that they were likely to side with the Justice Department, which has sought an immediate end to a special master review process that it says has unnecessarily delayed its investigation into the presence of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago. It was not immediately clear when the court might rule.
Nearly moot since the special master is due to complete his task soon, but the precedent may still be valuble.
In another legal setback for Trump, the Supreme Court on Tuesday cleared the way for a congressional committee to get his tax returns after a three-year fight....
:---P Dolt .45 also lost in SCOTUS two other times this year. It takes a really lousy head of a criminal enterprise to have his own handpicked judges fish slap him.

This could fit in multiple threads:
There are actually three sets of laws: one for the rich and powerful (those who can afford top lawyers and use their connections to get away with murder -- Ethan Couch, anyone?) There's another set of laws for the police, who hardly ever seem to get charged with anything -- even when they kill unarmed people on camera. And finally, there's the system of law that applies to the rest of us: do the crime, do the time -- and maybe get driven into bankruptcy trying to fight it.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump is 'toast' if classified records case is proven, ex-attorney general says

Former U.S. Attorney General William Barr on Sunday defended Special Counsel Jack Smith's 37-count indictment against Donald Trump on Sunday, saying if the allegations the former president willfully retained hundreds of highly classified documents are proven true, then "he's toast."

"I was shocked by the degree of sensitivity of these documents and how many there were, ... and I think the counts under the Espionage Act that he willfully retained those documents are solid counts," Barr, who served under Trump, told "Fox News Sunday."

"If even half of it is true, then he's toast."
... Barr said the claim that the documents were Trump's personal records is "facially ridiculous."
Dolt .45 has been "facially ridiculous" for a long time.

The records referenced in the indictment are "official records" prepared by government intelligence agencies, he said, and therefore they are the property of the U.S. government.

"Battle plans for an attack on another country or Defense Department documents about our capabilities are in no universe Donald J. Trump's personal documents," he said.
Lock the traitorous thief up!
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

The only way trump goes to jail is if Biden wins, the dems retake the House and gain seats in the Senate.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:50 pm
The only way trump goes to jail is if Biden wins, the dems retake the House and gain seats in the Senate.
Not disagreeing, but what do you think will happen otherwise?

Courageous and patriotic Repubs:
Robert Mueller
Liz Cheney
Adam Kinzler
8 others in the 2021 Congress
US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Mitt Romney
Asa Hutchinson
Chris Christie
Bill Barr
And now:

‘Damning’ Trump Indictment Is Impossible to Read and ‘Not Be Appalled,’ National Review Editorial Board Says
”Once Trump was no longer president, he had no right to these materials,“ the conservative news outlet writes
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:03 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:50 pm
Not disagreeing, but what do you think will happen otherwise?

Robert Mueller
Liz Cheney
Adam Kinzler
Mitt Romney
Asa Hutchinson
Chris Christie
Bill Barr
And now:

‘Damning’ Trump Indictment Is Impossible to Read and ‘Not Be Appalled,’ National Review Editorial Board Says
”Once Trump was no longer president, he had no right to these materials,“ the conservative news outlet writes
These people don't care about the law when they need to break it. Sure Barr is "acting" reasonable now, when he's not involved, but when he was protecting trump the lies flowed freely.
Right now there aren't even enough to impeach him if he were president. His voters are even more fired up.
We'll see double and triple voting, all justified in their tiny brains by, "they're doing it so we have to". If he's elected, everything gets shut down.
I'm considering changing parties in order to vote for ron in the primary. I imagine that if trump loses the primary he'll run as a 3rd party spoiler.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I just listened to a short interview with Jim Jordan defending trump. Distilled down, the essence of the Republican argument that Trump did nothing wrong is this:

Trump: possesses top secret documents. Some pertaining to extremely sensitive US national defense.

Trump: states on tape, "I could have declassified these, but I didn't." (Yes, he actually said this)

Trump: stores said sensitive documents in VERY unsecure locations.

Jim Jordan: "Could have" does not mean "didn't". (yes, Jordan actually said this)

Jim Jordan: Trump is in his right to do whatever he wants with those documents.

So basically, I just listened to Jim Jordan argue that Trump can essentially do whatever he wants with highly sensitive documents, which could have SEVERE dire consequences for US national security.

In essence, they're selling out out our country for one piece of shit "man" - Donald Trump.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/jim-jor ... 44901.html
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I wish we knew why he carried documents when he met with his saudi buds, putin and others.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:09 am
I just listened to a short interview with Jim Jordan defending trump. Distilled down, the essence of the Republican argument that Trump did nothing wrong is this:

Trump: possesses top secret documents. Some pertaining to extremely sensitive US national defense.

Trump: states on tape, "I could have declassified these, but I didn't." (Yes, he actually said this)

Trump: stores said sensitive documents in VERY unsecure locations.

Jim Jordan: "Could have" does not mean "didn't". (yes, Jordan actually said this)

Jim Jordan: Trump is in his right to do whatever he wants with those documents.

So basically, I just listened to Jim Jordan argue that Trump can essentially do whatever he wants with highly sensitive documents, which could have SEVERE dire consequences for US national security.

In essence, they're selling out out our country for one piece of shit "man" - Donald Trump.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/jim-jor ... 44901.html
Best headline about it:

Jim Jordan Twists Himself Into a Pretzel Defending Trump in Classified Docs Case
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Lyndsey Graham did the same, except he tried to talk about Hillary's email server. As if that has any bearing on what Donald Trump did.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:22 am
Lyndsey Graham did the same, except he tried to talk about Hillary's email server. As if that has any bearing on what Donald Trump did.
Yep, they'd rather be stupid than be disloyal to their idol.
viewtopic.php?p=185139#p185139

Trump supporters outside a convention were asked what they thought of indictment. Hear their responses.

:puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Hillary may have been sloppy with her server, but the big elephant that whutaboutters are ignoring is that she was sloppy with information that she was entitled to have and access as Secretary of State. Big thing with Trump is that once he wasn't President*, he had no legal right to have or access the documents. That in itself is enough to render totally irrelevant any comparison to b-b-but whutabout Hillary's emails.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:19 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:22 am
Yep, they'd rather be stupid than be disloyal to their idol.
viewtopic.php?p=185139#p185139

Trump supporters outside a convention were asked what they thought of indictment. Hear their responses.

:puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left:
Lmao holy shit. In that video of the trump supporters being interviewed, the reporter reads off the actual quote by trump saying he could've declassified the documents but he can't now

The supporter responds "well audio can be altered".

Then another trump supporter says (paraphrased) "it's the system that's broken he shouldn't have been able to take them in the first place blame the system".

Homie. That's exactly what is being done. Making it so there are consequences for illegal actions. That's the system making things right!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It's the same old goddamn thing.....trump is too incredible to be real.....to real to be a nightmare. Add in all the above and more of how cultists believe shit that isn't true, and it's a real fucking twilight zone. That's actually how I've been feeling since the facist buffoons' first indictment about the trump organization where the money man went to prison for the cult leader. Then the civil verdict over the hush money. Now Jack Smith lowering the boom on his fat orange ass. And we still have Fulton County and Jack Smith redux for Jan 6th. It's all full bore Twilight zone stuff. I've noticed a decrease in the drug supply and hope it doesn't get worse.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:01 pm
It's the same old goddamn thing.....trump is too incredible to be real.....to real to be a nightmare. Add in all the above and more of how cultists believe shit that isn't true, and it's a real fucking twilight zone. That's actually how I've been feeling since the facist buffoons' first indictment about the trump organization where the money man went to prison for the cult leader. Then the civil verdict over the hush money. Now Jack Smith lowering the boom on his fat orange ass. And we still have Fulton County and Jack Smith redux for Jan 6th. It's all full bore Twilight zone stuff. I've noticed a decrease in the drug supply and hope it doesn't get worse.
Another pol is leaving the cult:

(Nikki) Haley changes tune, calls Trump ‘reckless’

:thumbup: Good to see, but I don't read too much into it.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:03 pm
Robert Mueller
Liz Cheney
Adam Kinzler
Mitt Romney
Asa Hutchinson
Chris Christie
Bill Barr
And now:

'He's toast': Growing number of Republicans criticize Trump over documents indictment
Polls show that while Trump support among Republican voters continues to be strong, a growing number say the charges against him are "serious."

... Republican backing of Trump, while still strong, appears to be slipping. An ABC News/Ipsos poll released Sunday found that 38% of Republicans now believe the charges against the former president are “serious,” up from 21% who were asked about the case in early April....
Additions
Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (AK)
New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu
Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (Fascist DerSantis fanboy)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Judge Maga Cannon

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:33 pm
Hillary may have been sloppy with her server, but the big elephant that whutaboutters are ignoring is that she was sloppy with information that she was entitled to have and access as Secretary of State. Big thing with Trump is that once he wasn't President*, he had no legal right to have or access the documents. That in itself is enough to render totally irrelevant any comparison to b-b-but whutabout Hillary's emails.
She was sloppy conveying information on her private server.

No classified documents were involved. She didn't have them in her possession.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

My bad

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:12 pm
O Really wrote:

Plus, an email, in and of itself, is not a classified document. The ONLY way an email could possibly be a classified document is if it has a classified document attached to it.

Although this isn't relevant to the current situation, there have been many times in the past in which academics, scientists, researchers, etc working on government sponsored research projects or even policy matters write reports about their work and then the government puts some high level classification on that particular work or paper or report. In most cases, the person(s) who wrote the report do not have the required security clearance to read what they've written. I don't know how this is handled, since it's logical to assume the authors of the report in question already have detailed knowledge of the subject by virtue of writing the report in the first place. Not to mention all the research and documentation that happened prior to the report being written. I do remember reading about a situation like this years ago but don't remember the subject or the person that was involved.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:12 pm
O Really wrote:

Weren't there a couple of documents that were classified long after she sent them in an email?

As per typical the right ignored the time sequence.