ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Looks like Ron is going to have more time to focus on destroying his state pretty soon.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:09 am
Looks like Ron is going to have more time to focus on destroying his state pretty soon.

https://twitter.com/svdate/status/1738221375297647050
-0-? The campaign is definitely a mess. However:
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/0 ... o-00129765
... As turmoil roiled Never Back Down, DeSantis allies formed a new super PAC, Fight Right. Never Back Down had been the only pro-DeSantis group — taking on more campaign functions than most super PACs normally do — and the creation of the new group raised questions about Never Back Down’s role moving forward....

In the wake of (campaign manager James) Uthmeier’s memo, Never Back Down decided to focus on field deployment in the run-up to the Jan. 15 Iowa caucus, those familiar with the discussions said. Fight Right, meanwhile, will focus on TV advertising.

“I and the entire board look forward to continuing to work with the whole Never Back Down team to double down on its core mission of running the biggest and best ground game in modern American politics,” (Never Back Down interim CEO Scott) Wagner wrote in the memo Saturday....
It COULD be that Spinal Tap's withdrawn ad reservations will be replaced by Never Back Down get-out-the-vote spending and last minute Fight Right ad buys.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The terms "pig's ear" and "silk purse" come to mind.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:06 pm
The terms "pig's ear" and "silk purse" come to mind.
:lol:

'We are not that': How one Florida county is defying DeSantis at the 2024 Rose Parade

Clever idea. Idk if it will work until Fascist DerSantis is deposed, but as an organizer says:
... “I'm a big believer in trying,” she said. “Not everything that we do will be a huge, resounding success, but if you don't try, you’ll never know. I think this is one of those things that’s going to be a huge resounding success and that the people who live [in Broward County] are going to be proud of for a really long time.”
Ron DeSantis keeps talking about blowing up The Bahamas

:wtf: :crazy:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

??

Bizarre.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Well at least our next governor has the balls to stand up for her man.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:16 pm
Well at least our next governor has the balls to stand up for her man.
Lucky you, Casey, her balls and her man are all yours again. Is he so invested in anti-woke bigotry that he'll keep at it despite never winning over the MAGAts?

In A Surprise To No One, DeSantis Ends His Campaign By Falsely Quoting Winston Churchill
It turns out the Florida governor can't even drop out of the race for United States president right.

https://twitter.com/RonDeSantis/status/ ... 4112845285
4:33? Nah, I didn't watch.
Readers added context
The quoted words in this tweet do not appear in this phrasing in any of Winston Churchill's books, articles, speeches and papers, although they have been frequently misattributed to him.
https://winstonchurchill.org/publicatio ... a-matters/

They do appear in a Budweiser print ad from 1938.
https://twitter.com/Sandwichman_eh/stat ... 3470640225
:---P
Budweiser :lol:

Plus, Fascist DerSantis is QUITTING, he explicitly doesn't have "the courage to continue".
Also, any stuntperson, combat veteran or ER nurse can tell you that failure is often fatal.
Damn, he's dumb.
Mark Hamill

"You belong in the Terrible Candidates Hall of Fame."

-Mark Hamill
:thumbup:

:laughing-rolling: :---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ron DeSantis shares his concerns about Trump in a private call with supporters

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told backers of his unsuccessful presidential bid Wednesday that former President Donald Trump should not play “identity politics” when picking a 2024 running mate.
If self-serving Fascist DerSantis doesn't stand up for White supremacist males, who will?
... More than 200 people joined the video call with DeSantis, according to one source who attended. The 34-minute chat, organized by DeSantis political allies, was notable for how candid — and, at times, critical — the governor was in sharing concerns about Trump, whom he endorsed for the GOP nomination immediately upon suspending his own campaign last month.

“Ron DeSantis failed miserably in his presidential campaign and does not have a voice in selecting the next vice president of the United States,” Trump spokesperson Karoline Leavitt said in response....
:---P
“I think that how he staffs the White House, how he staffs the administration, will be really, really significant,” DeSantis said. “I think he likely is going to find people that are going to be more kind of yes men, rather than folks that are going to be pushing back.”
True. More than ever, insecure Dolt .45 will select aides just like the guy DerSantis was before Dolt .45 decided to run.
DeSantis then segued to a point he argued in the final weeks of his presidential campaign — that conservative media would provide no checks and balances on Trump.

“I think they have made the decision that their business model just doesn’t work if they offer any criticism of Trump,” DeSantis said. “I don’t see the accountability being in place right now for the balance of this campaign and then, if he’s able to win, to go into the White House and actually implement some of these policies.”
:headscratch: DerSantis was fine with it when Murdoch and Faux Noise were backing him early on.
“I mean, he said at some point he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose a vote,” DeSantis added. “Well, I think he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and the conservative media wouldn’t even report on it that it had happened.”
So true.
While assessing Trump’s vice presidential prospects, DeSantis denied any interest in being chosen. In response to another question, he acknowledged he might run for president again in 2028....
Will 4 years of smile and head bob coaching be enough?

What was his goal and did he achieve it? With 200 on the line he must have anticipated the leak . . . right?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

It's been asked before, but

WTF is the matter with this guy?

Florida surgeon general defies science amid measles outbreak

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:48 am

“Ladapo said the state health department “is deferring to” overworked, underpaid, stressed out “parents or guardians” who can’t afford to miss work to care for their sick children “to make decisions about school attendance.”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:27 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:48 am

“Ladapo said the state health department “is deferring to” overworked, underpaid, stressed out “parents or guardians” who can’t afford to miss work to care for their sick children “to make decisions about school attendance.”
A huge comfort to the other hard working parents whose kids aren't infected.

Measles is a 'heat-seeking missile' experts warn as Florida outbreak grows
“Measles is the most infectious pathogen in humans that we know of,” said Kimberlin. “It’s like a heat-seeking missile. It will find the people who are not immune, and they’re going to get sick.”

Unvaccinated people have a 90% chance of becoming infected if exposed.

O Really
Admiral

Question: If the surgeon general's advice in face of exposure to "the most infectious pathogen in humans we know of" is "let the parents do whatever they want", then what is the purpose of even having a surgeon general?

Or maybe that is DeSantis' plan anyway. He's legally required to name one, so he names one who's stupid and won't do anything.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:08 pm
Question: If the surgeon general's advice in face of exposure to "the most infectious pathogen in humans we know of" is "let the parents do whatever they want", then what is the purpose of even having a surgeon general?

Or maybe that is DeSantis' plan anyway. He's legally required to name one, so he names one who's stupid and won't do anything.
LOL
Lap dog.
Probably the best explanation.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:08 pm
To validate RW, often xtian, wingnuttery.
Epidemiology-stupid for years now, but IIRC he's a pretty accomplished MD otherwise.

-0-? , it's baffling even for RWers. Measles??? :obscene-birdiered: , FL SG Labradoodle. RepuQs hate children.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well, to haul back up a question I had before - I can understand (while not agreeing with) skepticism over the covid vaccine. New scary disease, lots of conflicting info, lots of political interferences, lots of intentional misinformation, yada. But 95%+ of everybody in the US younger than 60 has had the measles vaccine. And those over 60 probably remember the miserable experience of having measles. How can there be more than 30 kids in a 1200-kid school without vaccinations and why do they let them in the building after a case of measles has been identified? What is right/left wing about that issue? Not everything has exceptions for religious beliefs. You can't kill ("sacrifice") somebody and win on a defence of "God told me to."
Idiots.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:52 pm
Well, to haul back up a question I had before ... Idiots.
You answered your own question, though I would add Cultists. With those 2 groups things don't have to be logical.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:52 pm
Well, to haul back up a question I had before - I can understand (while not agreeing with) skepticism over the covid vaccine. New scary disease, lots of conflicting info, lots of political interferences, lots of intentional misinformation, yada. But 95%+ of everybody in the US younger than 60 has had the measles vaccine. And those over 60 probably remember the miserable experience of having measles. How can there be more than 30 kids in a 1200-kid school without vaccinations and why do they let them in the building after a case of measles has been identified? What is right/left wing about that issue? Not everything has exceptions for religious beliefs. You can't kill ("sacrifice") somebody and win on a defence of "God told me to."
Idiots.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/0 ... s-00144561

Florida state surgeon general, Joseph Ladapo, “sent a letter to parents at an elementary school in Broward County where six kids were infected with measles. In his letter, he advised parents that they should decide for themselves whether to vaccinate their kids or remove unvaccinated students from schools.

By all means, if your kid has the measles and you can’t take off from work to stay home with them, send them to school.

“The measles vaccine is especially effective in protecting against the virus and, according to the CDC, has led to a 99 percent decrease in the virus compared to the pre-vaccine era.
Ladapo’s comments drew sharp rebukes from the medical community and state Democrats who said he’s putting kids in danger.”

Damn those dems for paying attention to those science medical types.

“top GOP senators in the GOP-led Legislature are defending him based on his credentials”, saying “they approve of the work he’s done.”
“As far as I can tell, he’s been doing a great job, and we can’t undo confirmations, so we’re not going to go there,” said Republican Senate President Kathleen Passidomo Wednesday.