ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:57 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:42 pm
:D Billy Pilgrim would have needed a note from his mommy.
Nope, billy is my stage and forum name.

I would have needed the note to use Bill, the only name I have ever gone by,

Or I could have just willy-nilly changed my name to William without parental approval and over their objections without a note.
Logical, you are indeed billy.pilgrim. However, I was talking about Billy Pilgrim.

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:52 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:57 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:42 pm
:D Billy Pilgrim would have needed a note from his mommy.
Nope, billy is my stage and forum name.

I would have needed the note to use Bill, the only name I have ever gone by,

Or I could have just willy-nilly changed my name to William without parental approval and over their objections without a note.
Logical, you are indeed billy.pilgrim. However, I was talking about Billy Pilgrim.

Yes he would have needed a note.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Mostly true but I bet he still hangs in playing for second place in the hope that trump can't survive the indictments.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:28 am
Mostly true but I bet he still hangs in playing for second place in the hope that trump can't survive the indictments.

https://twitter.com/davidrlurie/status/ ... 9836663809
I've thought the same thing, but lately I've wondered if he isn't so tarnished that he loses the primaries even if Dolt .45 is cancelled. Then, I'm convinced that DerSantis is so fascist that he loses the general, and he won't be able to walk that back.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 41744.html

"As a member of the Florida Commission on Ethics, Glenton “Glen” Gilzean cannot “hold any public employment,” according to state statute."

How hard is it to understand cannot “hold any public employment,”

And $400,000/year at his 2nd job. These salaries are crimes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not that I'm complaining, but DeSantis is truly a fool. In 2016, Hillary called Trump voters "a basket of deplorables," and although factually correct, it turned into a major error as Trump people adopted it as a rallying call. But Hillary didn't expect any of Trump's people to vote for her anyway but her loss was from people who didn't like Hillary very much anyway and were turned off by the comment.

Now fast-forward to 2023: DeSantis insults supporters not of the other party, but people that he's going to need to vote for him. Calls them "listless vessels." Even without Hillary it was a dumb thing to do; with the lesson learned from Hillary's experience it was insane.

Somebody agrees with me here: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... 0e02&ei=18

And says Trump cultists still haven't forgotten "deplorables."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:50 pm
Not that I'm complaining, but DeSantis is truly a fool. In 2016, Hillary called Trump voters "a basket of deplorables," and although factually correct, it turned into a major error as Trump people adopted it as a rallying call. But Hillary didn't expect any of Trump's people to vote for her anyway but her loss was from people who didn't like Hillary very much anyway and were turned off by the comment.

Now fast-forward to 2023: DeSantis insults supporters not of the other party, but people that he's going to need to vote for him. Calls them "listless vessels." Even without Hillary it was a dumb thing to do; with the lesson learned from Hillary's experience it was insane.

Somebody agrees with me here: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics ... r-AA1fvUWf

And says Trump cultists still haven't forgotten "deplorables."
... DeSantis made the comment while rejecting criticisms that he is a RINO — a "Republican in name only" — in an interview with the Florida Standard.

"We have a strand in our party that views supporting Trump as whether you are a RINO or not. And so you could be the most conservative person since sliced bread.
"sliced bread" was a "conservative person"? :headscratch: Fascist DerSantis needs remedial metaphors.
Unless you're kissing his rear end, they will somehow call you a RINO," he said.

DeSantis listed several of his own conservative credentials and said that many Republican US Congress members are judged on their loyalty to Trump rather than on their records.
True.
... "Because if you're not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow, whatever happens, to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that's not going to be a durable movement," DeSantis said.
It's a stupid criticism, too. They may be dim, obedient, and uber-gullible deplorable "vessels", but they're quite energetic. Otoh, the few remaining DerSantis fanboys have become rather listless of late. :violin:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Isn't this illegal?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:04 pm
Isn't this illegal?
The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 is a United States federal law that was passed by the 113th United States Congress. The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received a valor award specified in the Act, with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit by convincing another that he or she received the award.
Probably debatable whether theoretical votes are a "tangible benefit". However, his words are technically accurate. "... I deployed to Iraq alongside U.S. Navy SEALs in places like Fallujah, Ramadi," meaning that he sat in an air conditioned office that actual SEALs would come to for counsel :roll: . He knows that RepuQ voters are not critical thinkers.

Ftr, Fascist DerSantis also "oversaw force-feeding detainees" and other torture at Guantanamo Bay.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

This is what happens when a racist ammosexual pol has the gall to speak at a memorial for the victims of a racist ammosexual:

Ron DeSantis Booed At Vigil For Victims Of Jacksonville Shooting
The Florida governor did not get a warm welcome from those mourning the three people killed in Saturday's racist attack.

Booooo.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

What a worthless turd. DeSantis and the shooter.

From articles, excerpted, but not taken out of context:
Palmeter, who killed himself after the attack, also left behind a racist manifesto.

“The manifesto is, quite frankly, the diary of a madman,” [Sheriff] Waters said. “He was just completely irrational. But with irrational thoughts, he knew what he was doing. He was 100% lucid.”
It's easy and fits the gun nuts messaging that shooters are mentally ill. But they aren't publishing the actual writings he did and I'd be willing to bet his thoughts aren't all that unique nor different from a lot of other trumpists and racists.

On the other hand:
Mr Waters said the gunman had been detained for 72 hours in 2017 under the Baker Act, mental health legislation that allows the involuntary detainment of an individual for treatment.

But the sheriff said his weapons had been acquired legally, telling reporters the problem was not with the availability of guns, but with the killer being "a bad guy".
Avowed racist, domestic violence in history, Bakered once, and yet he's still eligible to legally buy and own weapons designed to kill as many people as possible in the shortest time.

So sure, Sheriff, maybe the problem is not technically the "availability" of guns, but how about the access to guns for people like the one you have called a "madman"?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:48 pm
What a worthless turd. DeSantis and the shooter....
The worthless turd is a coward and his staff are Brownshirts.

Ron DeSantis Is Afraid of Questions From a 15-Year-Old

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ron DeSantis Flailed When Fox News Asked Why So Many Floridians Are Uninsured
Even Stuart Varney wanted to know why the state's numbers are so much worse than the national average.

Incompetence, as usual, both for the tragic uninsured rate and for being unable to coherently answer a predictable question.

Comments:
Another nail in the coffin of Ron DeSantis … It’s only a matter of time before the implosion of his campaign will be heard around the country, and he’s forced to drop out. Tilting towards fascism and embracing his culture war for political expediency has failed him, and I hope that he’s never again in a position of political leadership when this is sad chapter of his leadership is nothing more than a footnote in history.
DeSantis “in order to have more power for the people and the doctor-patient relationship.” What power do people have if they can't afford healthcare? His argument is beyond absurd.
What about the doctor- patient relationship for women’s healthcare? He certainly isn’t worried about that!
:---P On that topic:

Joy Reid Shreds Ron DeSantis For ‘Biggest Fail’ On 1 Debate Question
The MSNBC host slammed the Florida governor's "irrelevant" response on abortion.

Rachel Maddow, too. Liar, coward, misogynist, Fascist DerSantis.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

From June, but first I'm seeing it:

Casey DeSantis Is the Walmart Melania
TRYING TOO HARD

:lol: Good read. Too much biting commentary about Casey and her fascist husband to choose excerpts.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:41 am
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 41744.html

"As a member of the Florida Commission on Ethics, Glenton “Glen” Gilzean cannot “hold any public employment,” according to state statute."

How hard is it to understand cannot “hold any public employment,”

And $400,000/year at his 2nd job. These salaries are crimes.
Your tax dollars at "work":

Ron DeSantis Slammed by Florida's Largest Newspaper in Scathing Article

:puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left:

I hate the Gators until a new admin comes in.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Wonder how long until he's out of money.

Guess they've sidelined his wife too.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

What kind of mortality?
I can’t understand her.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:33 pm
What kind of mortality?
I can’t understand her.
:D Sloooow Gov.

:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I saw my 1st ever desantis bumper sticker today.