ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:28 pm
I saw my 1st ever desantis bumper sticker today.
Just curious - what was it on?

My guess
Spoiler:
Minivan

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:43 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:28 pm
I saw my 1st ever desantis bumper sticker today.
Just curious - what was it on?

My guess
Spoiler:
Minivan
Spoiler:

Hummer
Or Tesla :P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

10 - 15 year old SUV
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

“ORLANDO, Fla. — Pete Antonacci, Gov. Ron DeSantis’ election fraud office director and former Broward County elections supervisor, lay “dead or dying” in a governor’s office hallway for 24 minutes last year before anyone came to his aid, The Florida Bulldog reported.
The Bulldog, a nonprofit news organization, also reported Sunday that no autopsy was performed by the medical examiner’s office.
Antonacci, 74, died Sept. 23, 2022, following a contentious meeting of the Office of Election Crimes and Security,”

“review of five heavily redacted Florida Department of Law Enforcement reports did not reveal the meeting’s agenda or what was discussed.”

“Governor’s office spokesman Jeremy Redfern did not respond Monday to the Orlando Sentinel’s request for comment on the Bulldog story.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/2023/11 ... port-says/

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

So I guess the great debate was tonight.

Looks like the end of the line for Ron and the beginning for Gavin.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:09 am
So I guess the great debate was tonight.

Looks like the end of the line for Ron and the beginning for Gavin.

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status ... 8223673700

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1730408814950650167
:---P :---P
Bazinga.

Just in time for December we have a new contender for stupidest political moment of 2023 . . . if not the decade:
Of course she did. Tool.
although several critics on X (formerly Twitter) mocked the Florida governor for his “print out of poops.”

Ron DeSantis is getting humiliated and some synapse fired in his brain and he decided that the solution was to hold up a poop map.
Literally throwing shit because he has nothing else
Rachel Vindman
(wife of Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman, Ret
"Co-host @theswppod Opinions are my own and not necessarily the views of my husband...but obviously if our views are different, mine are correct.")

"okay, here's what you're going to do: when he talks about what shit show Florida is, pull out the shit map. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SHIT MAP ON YOU AT ALL TIMES."
I’ve lived in SF for almost 14 years. This “feces map” is proof that Republican voters will believe literally anything, and it’s a huge part of why we can’t have nice things as a country.
DeSantis to self: “What’s a thing a normal, respectable human being carries around on their person?”
………
“Eureka! A shit map!”
Same energy:

Buh-bye, Ronny.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Not sure where to put this. Could be education, or Florida man, or in the general grifter thread, but poop map ron embodies all three, plus a few more.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/64 ... as-county/

“Property records show Florida's top doc bought the modern mansion in June.
Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo has already faced criticism for rarely showing up for his job at University of Florida. Now he’s bought a 5,000-square-foot home in Pinellas County more than 150 miles from campus.
Ladapo and his wife, Brianna, purchased a home in South Pasadena, a small community in South Pinellas County, at the end of June for almost $1.7 million.”

“DeSantis named Ladapo as Surgeon General in September 2021, a job that earns him $250,000. But as part of bringing Ladapo to work in Florida, he was also hired at the University of Florida with a salary of $262,000 and put on a fast-track for tenure.
University officials recently told POLITICO they had anticipated Ladapo would bring with him $600,000 in grant fund previously directed to his work at UCLA. The money never came.
The UF Faculty Senate set up an ad hoc committee and produced a report questioning the many irregularities about Ladapo’s hiring, including a lack of vetting of his credentials.”

“Moreover, many faculty complain Ladapo rarely shows up on campus. Professors told POLITICO he only appeared on campus two times his first year on the job.”

He only showed up twice this year for his taxpayer paid $512,000 salary.

“Buying a home in Pinellas County, 157 miles from the Gainesville campus, doesn’t signal any plans to make the commute more frequently.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:56 pm
Not sure where to put this. Could be education, or Florida man, or in the general grifter thread, but poop map ron embodies all three, plus a few more.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/64 ... as-county/

“Property records show Florida's top doc bought the modern mansion in June.
Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo has already faced criticism for rarely showing up for his job at University of Florida. Now he’s bought a 5,000-square-foot home in Pinellas County more than 150 miles from campus.
Ladapo and his wife, Brianna, purchased a home in South Pasadena, a small community in South Pinellas County, at the end of June for almost $1.7 million.”

“DeSantis named Ladapo as Surgeon General in September 2021, a job that earns him $250,000. But as part of bringing Ladapo to work in Florida, he was also hired at the University of Florida with a salary of $262,000 and put on a fast-track for tenure.
University officials recently told POLITICO they had anticipated Ladapo would bring with him $600,000 in grant fund previously directed to his work at UCLA. The money never came.
The UF Faculty Senate set up an ad hoc committee and produced a report questioning the many irregularities about Ladapo’s hiring, including a lack of vetting of his credentials.”

“Moreover, many faculty complain Ladapo rarely shows up on campus. Professors told POLITICO he only appeared on campus two times his first year on the job.”

He only showed up twice this year for his taxpayer paid $512,000 salary.

“Buying a home in Pinellas County, 157 miles from the Gainesville campus, doesn’t signal any plans to make the commute more frequently.”
:angry-cussing: This is a reward for the quack's unwavering, and unscientific and homicidal, support of Fascist DerSantis' COVIDiocy.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Silly headline compares a million dollars in a 114 billion dollar budget with cutting a thousand jobs.
As much as we all hate ron, even broken clocks are occasionally right.
Depends on which jobs he would cut and wouldn’t a thousand jobs come closer to a hundred million dollars?

He actually sounds a bit reasonable.

‘“ The Governor also clarified his proposal to include $1 million in his budget proposal in case Florida State wanted to pursue legal action against the College Football Playoffs, cautioning that he believes that “relief” that would move the Seminoles from the No. 5 ranking to No. 4 is improbable.

“I know that the school and the Board of Governors are looking to see if there is anything that can be done. I don’t think there would be anything where they could get relief prior to the tournament, obviously,” DeSantis said.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'm always very suspicious of anyone - public or private sector - who has cutting jobs as an objective. I've got no problem with developing new processes, systems, yada that are more efficient, or ending obsolete practices - all of which could end up with fewer jobs. But everybody who has one of those 1,000 jobs got it because somebody(s) thought it was needed, got approval to staff it, and gets some useful work out of the employees. And "cutting" often comes back to bite the employer.

Reminds me of a story (true, but only slightly exaggerated) that I used to tell layoff-happy clients. A company got a new manager who promised to cut costs. He got everybody to keep a log of what they did each day. One employee in accounting wrote in "entered data" every day. The new manager thought it was ridiculous to pay accountant salary to a data entry clerk so she was selected for layoff. Turns out the accountant really did very little for nine months of the year. But for the other three months, she was responsible for preparing all tax reports and all other government filing requirements as well as licensing and insurance. By not finding out what she really did, the manager didn't assign anybody else to collect the information throughout the year, didn't know what filing was required, and didn't have anybody else who knew how to do it or had access to the accountants computer files, which of course had been deleted when she was laid off. Bottom line, cutting jobs should be at the end of the process, not at the beginning.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

What O Really says, in principle.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:54 am
Silly headline compares a million dollars in a 114 billion dollar budget with cutting a thousand jobs.
As much as we all hate ron, even broken clocks are occasionally right.
Depends on which jobs he would cut and wouldn’t a thousand jobs come closer to a hundred million dollars?

He actually sounds a bit reasonable.

‘“ The Governor also clarified his proposal to include $1 million in his budget proposal in case Florida State wanted to pursue legal action against the College Football Playoffs, cautioning that he believes that “relief” that would move the Seminoles from the No. 5 ranking to No. 4 is improbable.

“I know that the school and the Board of Governors are looking to see if there is anything that can be done. I don’t think there would be anything where they could get relief prior to the tournament, obviously,” DeSantis said.”
It's not a comparison. AP is highlighting perceived hypocrisy. By his own words the fiscally responsible thing would be to not encourage FSU by not giving it $1 million to pursue the improbable or even impossible “relief”. After all, Fascist DerSantis is all about fiscal responsibility, to the point of slashing the public services provided by a thousand state workers, right Ronny? Right?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

These people are hilarious.

I absolutely didn’t say what I just said and Ron backs me up that I didn’t say what I said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/09/politics ... index.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:32 pm
These people are hilarious.

I absolutely didn’t say what I just said and Ron backs me up that I didn’t say what I said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/09/politics ... index.html
Even if we swallow the backtracking, which I don't, it's :bs: to invite carpetbaggers to have ANY role in the IOWA caucuses. I don't even think that campaign money should cross state lines, let alone people. That said, it pleases me to see that Casey DerSantis is so desperate that she put out any call.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's a perfect storm of ineptitude in Fascist DerSantisland:

Ron DeSantis’ campaign and super PAC hit with a complaint by a watchdog group
The Campaign Legal Center filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission on Monday alleging coordination between the two entities.

Opps. Lock them all up!
Pro-DeSantis super PAC fires top officials as tumult continues
Never Back Down fired Kristin Davison on Friday, according to two people familiar with the decision.

Weeks of tumult at the chief super PAC supporting Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis continued into the weekend as it fired several top officials — including its new interim chief executive officer.

The group, Never Back Down, fired Kristin Davison on Friday for unspecified “management and personnel issues” just nine days after she replaced Chris Jankowski as CEO, according to two people familiar with the decision. Erin Perrine, a Never Back Down spokesperson, and Matthew Palmisano, another top official, were also fired, according to a person familiar with the decisions.

An internal email sent Saturday night said the super PAC had named longtime DeSantis ally Scott Wagner as interim CEO. Wagner is also replacing former Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt as board chair....

The continued disruptions come amid widespread infighting inside the super PAC and ongoing conflict with the Florida governor’s campaign. Last week, NBC News reported on a near-physical altercation between Wagner and top Never Back Down strategist Jeff Roe.
Roe is now gone. See the prior post.
The DeSantis campaign believes Never Back Down’s TV ads have been ineffective, those close to the governor say, and campaign manager James Uthmeier this week issued a memo implicitly suggesting the group instead focus on waging a get-out-the vote program.
:roll: Blame everyone other than DerSantis.
As turmoil roiled Never Back Down, DeSantis allies formed a new super PAC, Fight Right. Never Back Down had been the only pro-DeSantis group — taking on more campaign functions than most super PACs normally do — and the creation of the new group raised questions about Never Back Down’s role moving forward....
Riiight, a new super PAC is the winning solution. Good luck with that, Ronny.

Article

Thanks, Fascist DerSantis lawyers, welcome to the righteous and decent team!

Hey billy.pilgrim, you ready for a dynasty?

Casey DeSantis May Run For Florida Governor — Because That State Hasn't Been Through Enough?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I still have the 3 inch high stack of bumper stickers I stole from a Lurleen event.

They say

WALLACE

big block letters run across the length and almost top to bottom
and then way down at the bottom in tiny little letters possible

paid for by the Lurleen Wallace for Governor campaign fund

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:12 pm
I still have the 3 inch high stack of bumper stickers I stole from a Lurleen event.

They say

WALLACE

1966 to "replace" term-limited George. They might be worth some money.
... Lurleen Wallace dispatched a primary gubernatorial field that included two former governors, John Malcolm Patterson and Jim Folsom, former congressman Carl Elliott of Jasper, and Attorney General Richmond Flowers, Sr. She then faced one-term Republican U.S. representative James D. Martin of Gadsden, who had received national attention four years earlier when he mounted a serious challenge to U.S. senator J. Lister Hill....

Lurleen Wallace carried all Alabama counties except for two: Greene in west Alabama, which she lost by six votes, and predominantly Republican Winston in north Alabama. She drew 537,505 votes (63.4 percent). Martin trailed with 262,943 votes (31 percent). A third candidate running to the political left of the major candidates, Dr. Carl Robinson, received 47,655 (5.6 percent). Martin even ran eight percentage points behind his ticket mate, John Grenier, who was defeated for the Senate by incumbent Democrat John Sparkman.
The cosmic joke was on puppetmaster George because Lurleen died not even 1.5 years into her term. George had a role in that, too:
... Wallace made her gubernatorial race having been secretly diagnosed with cancer as early as April 1961, when her surgeon biopsied suspicious tissue that he noticed during the cesarean delivery of her last child. As was common at the time, her physician told her husband the news, not her. George Wallace insisted that she not be informed. As a result, she did not get appropriate follow-up care. When she saw a gynecologist for abnormal bleeding in 1965, his diagnosis of uterine cancer came as a complete shock to her. When one of her husband's staffers revealed to her that Wallace had discussed her cancer with them, but not her, during his 1962 campaign three years earlier, she was outraged....
Lurleen then emulated George's dishonesty by not telling Alabama voters about her diagnosis. Temporarily shut out, George regained the governor's mansion in 1971.

One difference - I think Fascist Casey DerSantis is more the puppetmaster than the puppet. Do you think she'll be elected?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:13 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:12 pm

They say

WALLACE

1966 to "replace" term-limited George. They might be worth some money.
... Lurleen Wallace dispatched a primary gubernatorial field that included two former governors, John Malcolm Patterson and Jim Folsom, former congressman Carl Elliott of Jasper, and Attorney General Richmond Flowers, Sr. She then faced one-term Republican U.S. representative James D. Martin of Gadsden, who had received national attention four years earlier when he mounted a serious challenge to U.S. senator J. Lister Hill....

Lurleen Wallace carried all Alabama counties except for two: Greene in west Alabama, which she lost by six votes, and predominantly Republican Winston in north Alabama. She drew 537,505 votes (63.4 percent). Martin trailed with 262,943 votes (31 percent). A third candidate running to the political left of the major candidates, Dr. Carl Robinson, received 47,655 (5.6 percent). Martin even ran eight percentage points behind his ticket mate, John Grenier, who was defeated for the Senate by incumbent Democrat John Sparkman.
The cosmic joke was on puppetmaster George because Lurleen died not even 1.5 years into her term. George had a role in that, too:
... Wallace made her gubernatorial race having been secretly diagnosed with cancer as early as April 1961, when her surgeon biopsied suspicious tissue that he noticed during the cesarean delivery of her last child. As was common at the time, her physician told her husband the news, not her. George Wallace insisted that she not be informed. As a result, she did not get appropriate follow-up care. When she saw a gynecologist for abnormal bleeding in 1965, his diagnosis of uterine cancer came as a complete shock to her. When one of her husband's staffers revealed to her that Wallace had discussed her cancer with them, but not her, during his 1962 campaign three years earlier, she was outraged....
Lurleen then emulated George's dishonesty by not telling Alabama voters about her diagnosis. Temporarily shut out, George regained the governor's mansion in 1971.

One difference - I think Fascist Casey DerSantis is more the puppetmaster than the puppet. Do you think she'll be elected?
What a horrible thought. I don’t even want to think about it.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.rawstory.com/florida-banned ... 666728303/

More crap from Florida

Bad Books - we should burn them

Paradise Lost by Milton

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy

The Quiet American by Graham Greene.

Beloved by Toni Morrison.

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark you’re back

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley