Moronic Kevin McCarthy

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Moronic Kevin McCarthy

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:41 am
She's just getting goofier.

From the comments

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:51 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:34 am
Do either of you guys really think the Gaetz coalition will accept any non-loon?
Of course not. The point is to make them irrelevant, for the sake of the GQP if nothing else. Time for non-Gaetzites to step up and the Dems can force it unless they foolishly, IMO, back SINO.
Or, the only two names currently mentioned are Jordan and Sinese(sp), both of which are arguably worse than McCarthy - certainly no better. I know McCarthy is a lying sleazebag, but letting the Gaetzites wag the dog isn't good for anybody.

Somebody, it might have been me, said they're betting on a loon.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:22 pm
Or, the only two names currently mentioned are Jordan and Sinese(sp), both of which are arguably worse than McCarthy - certainly no better. I know McCarthy is a lying sleazebag, but letting the Gaetzites wag the dog isn't good for anybody.

Somebody, it might have been me, said they're betting on a loon.
5 names that I'm aware of:
Molester-abettor Jordan won't get the unanimous RepuQs;
Health-challenged David Duke-lite Steve Scalise won't get the unanimous RepuQs;
Dolt .45 won't get the unanimous RepuQs;
Moronic Kevin McCarthy (according to Aaron Rupar above) probably won't get the unanimous RepuQs unless the Gaetzites think the point has been made and are able to extract yet more emasculating concessions;
Rep Kevin Hern (OK) is definitely a loon, but Idk how the GQP caucus feels about him;
Six names if we count Speaker pro tempore Patrick McHenry by inaction default.

Is a compromise Repub that can get some Dem votes a viable possibility? Idk, but it would be best for America. Anyhow, the unanimous Dems felt that dumping SINO was worth all potential consequences. Who am I to disagree?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

It would take an extraordinary circumstance for any Republican to get any democratic votes.

Government shutdown and Israeli funding aren't it.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:54 pm
Who am I to disagree?
What - you think this is a Eurythmics song? Of course you can disagree with a bunch who verbally claim to be the "adults" interested in good government yet in practice are playing the same destructive game as the repugnant Repugs.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:51 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Who am I to disagree?
What - you think this is a Eurythmics song? Of course you can disagree with a bunch who verbally claim to be the "adults" interested in good government yet in practice are playing the same destructive game as the repugnant Repugs.
False equivalence IMO. In other words, I disagree. ;)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:15 pm
It would take an extraordinary circumstance for any Republican to get any democratic votes.

Government shutdown and Israeli funding aren't it.
You don't think a non-loon Repub would be sufficient? Crap. If so, we're entirely dependent on a stalemated GQP to somehow find unanimity on an extremist or non-extremist :angry-banghead: . Or, they just throw in the towel and accept de facto SINO McHenry until after the 2024 election.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:27 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:51 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Who am I to disagree?
False equivalence IMO. In other words, I disagree. ;)
So you think it's a good thing for Gaetz and his 8-ish drooling bomb-tossers to be enabled to totally disrupt Congressional process?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:35 pm

You don't think a non-loon Repub would be sufficient? Crap. If so, we're entirely dependent on a stalemated GQP to somehow find unanimity on an extremist or non-extremist :angry-banghead: . Or, they just throw in the towel and accept de facto SINO McHenry until after the 2024 election.
They actually can't. The speaker job is a constitutional requirement and no legislation can go forward with the role being vacant including a continuing resolution to fund government much less funds for Israel.

I suppose there's some way to get Democrats on board with a handful of Republicans but there would have to be huge concessions that would drive the wingnuts insane. We are a ways from that though.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ah thanks, GoCubsGo. I assumed that Speaker Pro Tem had the same powers as Speaker, like a VP becoming POTUS. My bad.
O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:20 pm
So you think it's a good thing for Gaetz and his 8-ish drooling bomb-tossers to be enabled to totally disrupt Congressional process?
:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: I think it's a good thing for the loony snake SINO McCarthy to have been dumped. If the GQP chooses subsequent chaos over patriotism, that's on them and that's how the American people will see it. I think it's completely false to equate the unanimous Dems with the Gaetz Gang.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

“Politics is the art of the possible, the attainable — the art of the next best”
― Otto von Bismarck

Results are attained by negotiation and compromise, skills which Repugs in general and Gaetzers in particular are severely lacking. Dems are not the same as the Gaetz Gang, but in principle they voted as a gotcha to Repugs and not based on what would be best for government operation.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:44 pm
“Politics is the art of the possible, the attainable — the art of the next best”
― Otto von Bismarck

Results are attained by negotiation and compromise, skills which Repugs in general and Gaetzers in particular are severely lacking. Dems are not the same as the Gaetz Gang, but in principle they voted as a gotcha to Repugs and not based on what would be best for government operation.
We'll just have to disagree. IMO Moronic SINO Kevin McCarthy, who had just approved an impeachment investigation of Joltin' Joe without the House vote he had promised, was not "best for government operation" by any stretch of the imagination.

Idle speculation: If a handful of RepuQs can't stomach an extremist and choose to not vote will Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) become Speaker? In January all or nearly all of the RepuQs voted for someone each time. Since no nominee received an outright majority of the vote, 15 ballots took place.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:50 pm

Idle speculation: If a handful of RepuQs can't stomach an extremist and choose to not vote will Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) become Speaker? In January all or nearly all of the RepuQs voted for someone each time. Since no nominee received an outright majority of the vote, 15 ballots took place.
In theory, but do you really think any of them will hand over the "hard fought speakership that the people chose?" :wtf:

The agenda would then be primarily democratic with bill passage counting on a handful of Republicans to cross.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

BTW, how grateful are Republicans to not be the headline for a few cycles?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:

In theory, but do you really think any of them will hand over the "hard fought speakership that the people chose?" :wtf:

The agenda would then be primarily democratic with bill passage counting on a handful of Republicans to cross.
Yeah, I think it's very unlikely, but nothing the RepuQs have done in this Congress has been smart or sane.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:40 pm

Yeah, I think it's very unlikely, but nothing the RepuQs have done in this Congress has been smart or sane.
Gonna be a bit until someone gets 218.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:

We'll just have to disagree. IMO Moronic SINO Kevin McCarthy, who had just approved an impeachment investigation of Joltin' Joe without the House vote he had promised, was not "best for government operation" by any stretch of the imagination.
I'm certainly not saying that McCarthy didn't deserve to be removed - or castrated if he actually had any balls - but that's not to say the way to do it is let 8-ish extremists with only grudges and no plans to have their way. It's as wrong as if they had assassinated him. Sure, he crafted his own demise by going along with the demand to let one guy force a vote, and maybe just by that he "deserved" what he got. But that wasn't right, either. So given the choice of "saving" McCarthy or not, the Dems opted for politics over statesmanship or patriotism. The correct position, IMNVHO, would be to acknowledge that McCarthy is a worthless spineless lying dog breath, but that the process is more important than one person.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:41 am
She's just getting goofier.

Yep.
Nancy Mace Wears ‘Scarlet Letter’ After McCarthy Vote

... “I’m wearing the scarlet letter after the week I just had being a woman up here, and being demonized for my vote and for my voice.” Mace (R-SC) garnered backlash from many of her Republican colleagues after voting to oust Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) from his role as House Speaker.
:violin: Gender card, how sweet. It's not like any RepuQs have "demonized" male Goofy Gaetz, oh wait . . .

Is she admitting to adultery?
Is this a metaphor for having "screwed" Moronic SINO McCarthy?
Is she a literature ignoramus who has no clue what Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel is about?
Her vote came as a shock after McCarthy donated millions of dollars to Mace’s campaign. She has publicly supported Jim Jordan as the next speaker and announced that she plans to vote for him.
Betrayal and supports a molester-abettor, figures.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Obviously the "A" stands for "abettor." Could also stand for "asshole." You pay your money, you take your choice.