The maga side of Joe Biden

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

The maga side of Joe Biden

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I started to put this on the Biden thread, but since it's nearly 3 pages back and has it's share of negative comments, it appears that the Biden who saddled us with Garland needs his own thread.

"on December 8, the terms of two current USPS board members expired. So, why should you care? I’ll tell you.

To oust Postmaster General DeJoy, we must have a USPS Board of Governors who is willing to step up and do what needs to be done. Only the USPS Board can fire DeJoy – and now, President Biden has the opportunity to replace two DeJoy-supporting board members and FINALLY get rid of him!"

That was a month ago. We all know what DeJoy did to screw up the election and to dismantle the Post Office, but it appears that Biden likes trump’s appointees.

I bet I'm not the only person who'll never vote for him again.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Re: The maga side of Joe Biden

Unread post by O Really »

I'd agree that DeJoy needs to be run out on a rail, but it may not be quite as pressing for Biden as some other issues. He's got up to a year to replace them. Maybe he's got new people in the works. As it turns out, your vote and my vote are meaningless. FL is going red and CA is going blue no matter what we do. But if I were in a battleground state, I sure wouldn't risk getting another Repug in office by opposing Biden even though he's not my first choice.

Would you vote for Newsom if he were running?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:00 pm
I'd agree that DeJoy needs to be run out on a rail, but it may not be quite as pressing for Biden as some other issues. He's got up to a year to replace them. Maybe he's got new people in the works. As it turns out, your vote and my vote are meaningless. FL is going red and CA is going blue no matter what we do. But if I were in a battleground state, I sure wouldn't risk getting another Repug in office by opposing Biden even though he's not my first choice.

From what I know about him, definitely a yes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:00 pm
I'd agree that DeJoy needs to be run out on a rail, but it may not be quite as pressing for Biden as some other issues. He's got up to a year to replace them. Maybe he's got new people in the works.
Maybe Joe was waiting until after the Midterms.
As it turns out, your vote and my vote are meaningless. FL is going red and CA is going blue no matter what we do. But if I were in a battleground state, I sure wouldn't risk getting another Repug in office by opposing Biden even though he's not my first choice.
As the lone remaining BRD resident of a purple state I will take the consensus into consideration and represent y'all as best I can :wave: . Bribes (opps) Donations may be submitted to my GoFundMe account.
What billy.pilgrim says, yes.

Would you vote for Newsom if he was running against Biden? :think:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:19 pm

Fershure, but that's nogonnahappen.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:12 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Perhaps not literally, but it's an indicator of pressure being placed on Joe and entreaties being made to Gavin.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

My god, I hope someone runs against Biden. (Please excuse, I just had to answer Verde's question)

Now, on to my post

"There’s a reason the Framers of our Constitution wrote the word “treason” into that document 7 times and the word “rebellion” 5 times: they knew how deadly rebellions are to democracy when they aren’t swiftly and severely punished."

Shifting to Brazil

"Yesterday saw that hard lesson play out in Brazil, with coordinated and simultaneous attacks — explicitly inspired by Trump’s assault on the US Capitol and cheered on by American Republicans — on Brazil’s presidential palace, capitol building, and supreme court building.

As The Guardian reports:

“Videos posted on social media showed fires burning inside the congress building. Furniture was broken and tossed around, objects were reportedly stolen in the presidential palace and the supreme court"

WaPo has an article titled "Trump aides Bannon, Miller advising the Bolsonaros on next steps"

"On Bannon’s show, Matthew Tyrmand, suggested the use of military force in Brazil to put Bolsonaro back in power."

Protesters held ‘Brazilian Spring' signs’ a term that Bannon coined

And "yesterday, Bannon referred to the mob seeking to overturn the election in Brazil as ‘freedom fighters.’”

Meanwhile in the US and Biden's gutless fear to do anything

"Two years ago here in the United States a mob attacked our Capitol building, smearing feces on the walls, defacing priceless 250-year-old paintings, and ransacking the sometimes top-secret papers and offices of members of the House and Senate as they tried to locate and murder the Vice President and Speaker of the House.

Not a single Trump administration or congressional ringleader, planner, or facilitator of that attack has even been arrested or indicted a full two years later."

As our 1sr Secretary of War, Henry Knox, wrote to Washington about the danger of failing to act swiftly against
and hold to account people like trump and his crowd, "Unless this is done we shall be liable to be ruled by an Arbritary and Capricious armed tyranny, whose word and will must be law.” [punctuation modernized]

"The fact that we have not arrested even one of these people gives them certainty about the weakness of democracy. And sureness that our time on the world stage as a democratic republic is limited.

If the Founders and Framers were here today they’d recognize in an instant what and who these back-stabbers are and what must be done. The timidity of the Biden administration and Merrick Garland’s Department of Justice would rightly horrify them.

In the middle of his second term as President, an aging George Washington was confronted by the Whiskey Rebellion, itself in many ways an echo of Shay’s Rebellion. Realizing the danger to our republic that armed groups of citizens defying our laws and attacking government officials represented, he gathered over 12,000 troops and led them on horseback, literally risking his own life (fortunately, it didn’t turn out as bad as it could have) to put down the insurrection."

He led an army against the protesters, trump refused to even request a few National Guardsmen.

"When Richard Nixon committed treason in 1968, telling the South Vietnamese not to go along with a peace deal President Johnson had negotiated" nothing was done.

"When Ronald Reagan’s campaign cut a deal with the Iranian ayatollahs to hold their American hostages until after the election so he could destroy President Carter as “weak,” nobody made a serious effort to hold him or officials in his campaign accountable. Even after Iran’s then-president, Abolhassan Banisadr, came to America and published an account of Reagan’s 1980 treason, no officials called for accountability."

"When George W. Bush’s brother, Florida Governor Jeb Bush, cancelled the voter registrations of around 80,000 African American voters in that state in the months leading up to the election of 2000 and it was widely publicized on BBC and other media, nobody demanded either of the Bush brothers pay a price for their sedition."

When bush used lies to start a trillion dollar was that would kill a million people, Obama and Pelosi said that we should be nice.

"And it’s damn well past time that the people who conceived and ordered and facilitated this crime against all the rest of us and the world are held to account in a meaningful way."

Sorry, way too much C&P but I couldn't stop.

https://open.substack.com/pub/thomhartm ... dium=email

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Twitter was also a big factor thanks to Elon's gutting of the Brasilian staff, including the content moderators.

Mush, Bannon, Miller and Matthew Tyrmand are international terrorists. Lock them up!
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Hunt them down like any other terrorist and hope they resist arrest and brandish a gun. Or a lighter or a cellphone or a piece of candy.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:25 pm
Twitter was also a big factor thanks to Elon's gutting of the Brasilian staff, including the content moderators.

Mush, Bannon, Miller and Matthew Tyrmand are international terrorists. Lock them up!
No fault to Biden for letting them walk free to plot again - here and around the world?

Seems to me there would be no trump or Bannon or any of the rest, if they weren't allowed to commit crimes at will. Biden is every bit as guilty as they are.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:26 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:12 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Perhaps not literally, but it's an indicator of pressure being placed on Joe and entreaties being made to Gavin.
Would you vote for Biden if Merrick investigates him and the House impeached him?

Please don't let that senile old fuck and his lay down and roll over pony show continue to collude with republicans.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:26 am

Would you vote for Biden if Merrick investigates him and the House impeached him?
Impeachment by a House led by moon-barkers isn't necessarily a negative. But here's my vote:
If Newsom is in the primary, he gets my vote no matter who else is there.
If Newsom is not in the primary, I'd consider voting for the person I thought has the best chance of winning the general.
I probably would not vote in the primary for any of the re-runs from 2020 as IMNVHO all of them had fatal flaws that would give us another moon-barker for President*.
Whoever wins the nomination will get my vote in the general, even if it's Biden, which I hope it's not.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:26 am

Please don't let that senile old fuck and his lay down and roll over pony show continue to collude with republicans.
I was never a Joe fan and did not have high hopes for the compromising moderate.
Between the wingnut attacks, some legislative victories and some policy moves I feel somewhat better about him than I used to. There were bound to be disappointments all along.
I don't think he's senile, but I do think he's too old.
If he has competent primary opposition, I will vote against Joe and leave relative Nov predictions to the fortunetellers (and O Really ;) ).
Given how extreme the GQP is and assuming NC is purple, any Dem would have to be truly evil for me not to vote for her/him.

I think I've already mentioned that as BRD's sole remaining purple stater I will take all lobbying under consideration, and I am accepting campaign **ahem** donations.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Some good Presidents have come from unexpected places. Carter, Clinton, and Obama were not necessarily on everyone's tongue early in the campaigns. It's not too late for a new face to appear. Heck, I'd even let Hogan run as a Dem.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:50 am
Some good Presidents have come from unexpected places. Carter, Clinton, and Obama were not necessarily on everyone's tongue early in the campaigns.
I'm not sure all 3 are on my tongue as "good Presidents". :P
It's not too late for a new face to appear. Heck, I'd even let Hogan run as a Dem.
:D It's not like the GQP will ever nominate him.

Idk a ton about her, but Michigan Gov Gretchen Whitmer has gotten her name out there and what I do know is positive. She's also from a state and region that's now purplish, and just won reelection 55-44.

You heard it here first.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:27 am
O Really wrote:
Some good Presidents have come from unexpected places. Carter, Clinton, and Obama were not necessarily on everyone's tongue early in the campaigns.

You heard it here first.
Opinions vary, of course, but they were all Dems who got elected and two of them served two terms, the other being shafted at least in part by circumstances beyond their control. That makes them "good" to me, although none was perfect for a variety of reasons.

As to Whitmer, she's probably fine, but I'm tired of starting out in a hole and half a lap down. I want a candidate lots of people can get enthusiastic about. Maybe Bernie! if he wasn't so old and grumpy. Wishful thinking.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:31 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:27 am
O Really wrote:

You heard it here first.
Opinions vary, of course, but they were all Dems who got elected and two of them served two terms, the other being shafted at least in part by circumstances beyond their control. That makes them "good" to me, although none was perfect for a variety of reasons.

As to Whitmer, she's probably fine, but I'm tired of starting out in a hole and half a lap down. I want a candidate lots of people can get enthusiastic about. Maybe Bernie! if he wasn't so old and grumpy. Wishful thinking.
Carter definitely got shafted by Ike and who came after who supported a ruthless monarch. Still, he was our best President in the past 60+ years
Clinton ran to the center, but it was still a time when Republicans talked and compromised.
Obama gets way to much credit. Mostly all he did looked like Charlie Brown missing McConnell/Lucy's football. He could have done something about voting. Especially after the Bush criminals stripped the right to vote from some 6,000 African Americans in Florida - giving us the forever wars in the ME. But Obama was to busy working with the insurance companies and big pharma to see the Heritage assholes Healthcare bs, also called Romney care and Obama care.
There was so much he could have done.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Let's keep our Iran contra maga overthrow Venezuela republicans employed

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/03/politics ... index.html
"Biden announced Monday his intention to nominate a former appointee under former President Donald Trump with a controversial past in Latin America to the bipartisan United States Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy.

Elliott Abrams, who has served in three Republican administrations, most recently acted as the Trump administration’s special envoy to Iran and Venezuela where he was tasked at the time with directing the campaign to replace Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro.

The Republican insider’s long history in foreign policy is marked by a 1991 guilty plea for withholding information about the Iran-Contra affair that earned him two misdemeanor counts, two years probation and 100 hours of community service – though his crimes were later pardoned by President George H.W. Bush"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:11 am
Let's keep our Iran contra maga overthrow Venezuela republicans employed

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/03/politics ... index.html
"Biden announced Monday his intention to nominate a former appointee under former President Donald Trump with a controversial past in Latin America to the bipartisan United States Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy.

Elliott Abrams, who has served in three Republican administrations, most recently acted as the Trump administration’s special envoy to Iran and Venezuela where he was tasked at the time with directing the campaign to replace Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro.

The Republican insider’s long history in foreign policy is marked by a 1991 guilty plea for withholding information about the Iran-Contra affair that earned him two misdemeanor counts, two years probation and 100 hours of community service – though his crimes were later pardoned by President George H.W. Bush"
:puke-left: NoMAGAJoeNo. Barry Crimmins trashes Abrams a few times in the book I mentioned.
viewtopic.php?p=185778#p185778

Stumbled on this:
The Tragic Life of the War Criminal Elliott Abrams
Elliott Abrams was once an innocent child. And then he decided to spend the rest of his life covering up brutal atrocities and defending right-wing dictatorships.

... It should go without saying that the idea the Trump administration is pursuing regime change in Venezuela for the sake of democracy and human rights is as laughable as calling Jamal Khashoggi’s murder a surprise party gone wrong. But in case you need to explain this to politically confused friends and relatives, here are eight good reasons why the appointment of Abrams, in particular, makes a mockery of any such high-minded rhetoric.

1. He was knee-deep in human rights atrocities ...

2. He covered up brutal acts of terror ...

3. He’s an unrepentant liar ...

4. He hates democracy ...

5. His only political principle was anticommunism ...

6. He dislikes journalists and accountability ...

7. He’s a fan of regime change ...

8. He’s beloved by the Right ...

That someone like Abrams, who’s now leading Trump’s regime change efforts in Venezuela, is warmly embraced by the coterie of establishment and “never-Trump” conservatives should tell you everything you need to know about these groups.
And about the MAGABiden team. :angry-banghead:

Ftr, Abrams utterly failed at replacing Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro. Incompetent even by RW standards.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

All begging the question, why? Why Joe, why would you do this?