Sleazy Santos

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Sleazy Santos

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

This is only one of the reasons why I’ve been opposed to any Dem or liberal criticism of Santos.
As a repug, he makes a great picture of the gop
The more he’s in the news, the better

And you won’t come out as a total hypocrite when you do the same.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:13 am

I didn't do that. I posted in this Sleazy Santos discussion because historically only 2 things merited congressional expulsion, criminal conviction and fighting for the CSA. EmptyG has not been convicted, but IMO she is a racist seditionist spewing violent threats. Expel her!
I can't believe I'm almost defending EmptyG, but no matter what she is, all she's really done is run off her mouth and say rah-rah over events she didn't participate in. Santos on the other hand actually did provable egregious stuff.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:08 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:13 am

... I posted in this Sleazy Santos discussion because historically only 2 things merited congressional expulsion, criminal conviction and fighting for the CSA. EmptyG has not been convicted, but IMO she is a racist seditionist spewing violent threats. Expel her!
I can't believe I'm almost defending EmptyG, but no matter what she is, all she's really done is run off her mouth and say rah-rah over events she didn't participate in. Santos on the other hand actually did provable egregious stuff.
I'm not saying that EmptyG is worse. Their offenses are too disparate to compare. However, Sleazy Santos lied over and over for personal gain. Otoh, EmptyG is a threat to democracy and America. Then, there are her provably egregious violent threats towards colleagues and others:

Marjorie Taylor Greene indicated support for executing prominent Democrats in 2018 and 2019 before running for Congress
Congresswoman Asks Capitol Police to Address Marjorie Taylor Greene’s ‘Calls for Gun Violence’: She’s Making ‘Dangerous Threats in My Workplace’
I will happily edit, though. Expel her next! ;)

Specifics aside, my point from the start has been that the expansion of what can get a congressperson expelled with Santos opens the door to other expulsions, and I'm okay with that. EmptyG was merely an example, one that I hold to.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:52 pm
Otoh, EmptyG is a threat to democracy and America.
I think you may exaggerate the degree of her importance. Aid and abet Trump who is a threat, but by herself she's just one looney congresscritter with a big mouth.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:33 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:52 pm
Otoh, EmptyG is a threat to democracy and America.
I think you may exaggerate the degree of her importance. Aid and abet Trump who is a threat, but by herself she's just one looney congresscritter with a big mouth.
... and a large war chest and millions of violence-inclined sickophants. Plus, I don't discount the importance of "Aid and abet Trump". We saw what that means on J6.

Why is this not sufficient for expulsion and trial for treason?

Marjorie Taylor Greene: Capitol attack ‘would’ve been armed’ if I was in charge
Far-right congresswoman says the violent crowd would have won on January 6 if she and Steve Bannon had planned it

EmptyG was not a speaker on J6, but I came across this list including MadCaw that might be interesting:

Trump is on trial for inciting an insurrection. What about the 12 people who spoke before him?
Rioters heard from others besides Trump on Jan. 6. As the former president confronts a Senate impeachment trial, 12 other notable “Stop the Steal” speakers have faced few, if any, consequences.

Rep Mo Brooks (R-AL5)
Amy Kremer, Chair, Women for America First, Kremer attended Auburn University. :lol: She's in GA now and lost a bid for office there.
Floridians besides MadCaw :P : Lara and Eric Trump, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr, TRE45QN
John Eastman (CA)
MAGAt assholes from other states.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

New page.
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:02 am
John Fetterman Pays George Santos To Burn Bob Menendez In Most Fitting Way
The Pennsylvania Democrat taunted his indicted colleague with some (paid) help from the newly-expelled congressman from New York.

Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) recruited former Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) to rip Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) on Monday.

Fetterman paid Santos to film a message for “Bobby from Jersey” on Cameo. Santos has turned to selling personalized videos on the platform following his expulsion last week from Congress after an ethics report accused him of using campaign cash to pay for Botox, content on OnlyFans and more.

“Hey Bobby,” began Santos, who charges circa $200 for a message....

4:24 PM · Dec 4, 2023, 5.7M Views
2,728 Reposts, 1,432 Quotes, 18.1K Likes, 1,198 Bookmarks
Fetterman, writing on X, formerly Twitter, said he “thought my ethically-challenged colleague @BobMenendezNJ could use some encouragement given his substantial legal problems.”

“So, I approached a seasoned expert on the matter to give ‘Bobby from Jersey’ some advice,” he added.

Fetterman has repeatedly called for Menendez to leave Congress after the New Jersey lawmaker was indicted in September on bribery charges....

George Santos
@MrSantosNY

I love this! I wish I knew the Bobby in question! LOL 😂
Fetterman's post - 5.7M Views in 16 hours! :-||

:D Maybe we could hire Santos to create a message for BRD, "Happy Hanukkah" to LNF from Jew-ish George, or something.
:wtf: We are a very strange country.
George Santos is earning six figures from Cameo videos

Just before 6 p.m. on Tuesday, George Santos was at Best Buy on Northern Boulevard in Queens.

Santos, whose biography on the celebrity video platform Cameo identifies him as a “Former congressional ‘Icon’!💅🏼,” was buying a stand for his phone, because he has hundreds of videos to make and his hand is getting tired.

The former congressman was expelled last Friday for a variety of sins and alleged crimes, including overcharging the credit card of a colleague’s mother. He has, in the intervening four days, stumbled across a path to making a living that dwarfs the $174,000 salary he earned as a member of Congress.

In fact, Santos said — and screenshots and the CEO of Cameo confirmed — that he has lined up more than that sum in his first 48 hours on the platform.
:angry-banghead: At $300 each that's 580 requests. He's probably not quite this efficient but if, say, it takes 1 minute to read the request, 1 minute to record it and 1 minute to send it, that would be just 29 hours of "work" for that $174,000, less than four 8-hour days. Double or triple the time and it's still well less than a month of 5-day "work" weeks :crazy:
People pay between $200 and $300 to Santos for various flavors of communication. The videos can take less than a minute to film, and the platform has brought millions of dollars to the occasional campy, game, minor celebrity like the late comedian Gilbert Gottfried.

Santos “is going to be an absolute whale,” Cameo’s founder and CEO, Steven Galanis, told Semafor. His launch, Galanis said, is among the platform’s best ever: “Sarah Jessica Parker, Bon Jovi — he’s putting numbers up like that,” he said.
:shock: I wonder if his fraud victims and prosecutors can capture some of that.
Santos does seem to be putting his heart into the project.

Some of the videos offer encouragement: “Hey Harper, I love that you are such a dedicated student at NYU, you know, my not-so-real MBA,” he cheerily told a student.
:D
... Santos said he’d give some of the money to unspecified good causes, and that the cash was only part of the appeal.
:roll: Like Friends of Pets United?
“Obviously there’s a monetary benefit — I’m not here doing it for charity — but the other aspect is to remind these assholes who think they’re holier-than-thou that they will be forgotten in history and I will live forever, period,” he said....
:think: He might have a point.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Naaa, six months or less and he'll be a footnote. Remember the success of the pet rock? It's probably a good idea for him to grab it while he can. But then, that's always been his way.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:17 pm
Naaa, six months or less and he'll be a footnote. Remember the success of the pet rock? It's probably a good idea for him to grab it while he can. But then, that's always been his way.
Yeah, he's the holiday novelty item of the month.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:22 pm
O Really wrote:
"six months" x $174K+ per month is a lot.

I admire your faith in America, guys ;) The article suggests reality TV. I could see him swimming in that cesspool for years.
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:27 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:22 pm
O Really wrote:
"six months" x $174K+ per month is a lot.

I admire your faith in America, guys ;) The article suggests reality TV. I could see him swimming in that cesspool for years.*
*Assuming he's not in prison.

FTFY
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:29 pm

FTFY
That can eventually be monetized, too :problem:

Book in the works right now?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:31 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:29 pm

FTFY
That can eventually be monetized, too :problem:

Book in the works right now?
Printed by Jr's Canadian company? He could ask his best bud mtgreene how that worked out.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:

I admire your faith in America, guys ;) The article suggests reality TV. I could see him swimming in that cesspool for years.
It's faith in a negative sense, though. Attention span of a newt.

Reality TV might not work so well, though. "Dancing" I think learned its lesson with Sean Spicer (who I had to look up because I forgot his name already); he's not going to get on "Celebrity Big Brother" since they got burned with Alimosa (sp); the "Jersey" series or "Housewives" wouldn't take him. I'm thinking maybe his bet fit is "Jerry Springer" or "Dog the Bounty Hunter."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Reality TV might not work so well, though. "Dancing" I think learned its lesson with Sean Spicer (who I had to look up because I forgot his name already); he's not going to get on "Celebrity Big Brother" since they got burned with Alimosa (sp); the "Jersey" series or "Housewives" wouldn't take him. I'm thinking maybe his bet fit is "Jerry Springer" or "Dog the Bounty Hunter."
We used to have a Speaker who was a newt.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:31 pm

The witch turned him into one

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Reality TV might not work so well, though. "Dancing" I think learned its lesson with Sean Spicer (who I had to look up because I forgot his name already); he's not going to get on "Celebrity Big Brother" since they got burned with Alimosa (sp); the "Jersey" series or "Housewives" wouldn't take him. I'm thinking maybe his best fit is "Jerry Springer" or "Dog the Bounty Hunter."
Omarosa. Why not one of the Housewives shows :D ? There are some 'I Married a Felon' shows -0-?

Sleazy Santos has the same opinion that you do:
Too con for TV? We've certainly seen that there's no such thing as too sleazy.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:51 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:31 pm

The witch turned him into one

So hard to pick any single scene, but that ma be the best.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:23 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:58 am
I'm hoping that a Democrat takes Santos' place.
NY3 has been a Dem district since the 2012 election, and the vote for the RepuQ pretending to be George Santos was a surprise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York% ... on_results

I think it's a pretty safe bet that a Dem will win the special election and the 2024 general. In fact, the GQP really ought to be too ashamed to put anyone up, but they have no shame.
Finding a Santos Successor Is Proving No Simple Task for Republicans

:lol: All of their top prospects are Sleazy Santos-connected, a seditionist, otherwise hopelessly flawed or even Dem.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Wait, what?

I thought he was innocent.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:24 pm
Wait, what?

I thought he was innocent.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 9701468510
Depends on the day of the week.
George Santos Begins Revenge Tour With Scorching Attack on Fellow Republican
The recently expelled congressman isn’t sparing anyone.

Disgraced politician George Santos issued his first round of promised hellfire against Representative Nicole Malliotakis on Sunday, chiding the fellow New York Republican for using info from classified briefings to turn some cash on the stock market.
May or may not be true, but I'll bet she was one of the NY Repubs that introduced the first ouster attempt, then voted for the second one. Love The New Republic adjectives:
...If Santos is to be believed...the fabulist congressman...The reputed liar—who was caught lying about his entire résumé, his relation to Holocaust survivors, being “Jew-ish,” his connection to the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting, and the kidnapping of his niece, among other things...completely unashamed of his political career ...
This might be fun. If he has any true dirt it's more likely to be about RepuQs.
1312. ETTD.