Jim Jordan molestor-abettor

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Jim Jordan molestor-abettor

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:47 am
Gym's Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing with FBI director Wray.

I don't know why witnesses are even neccessary. They just talk over them for their own agendas and never let them answer questions on the rare occasion that they actually ask one.

It ain't Must See TV.

The hilarious irony is that Wray is a trump appointee.
Idk why more witnesses don't just walk away. Either Congress wants to hear their testimony or it doesn't.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:30 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

I don't know why witnesses are even neccessary. They just talk over them for their own agendas and never let them answer questions on the rare occasion that they actually ask one.

It ain't Must See TV.

Idk why more witnesses don't just walk away. Either Congress wants to hear their testimony or it doesn't.
I don't think they can, they'd be in contempt of Congress or some such b.s. Probably the same reason they have to show up at all.

Ask Steve Bannon, he'd know.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
I don't think they can, they'd be in contempt of Congress or some such b.s. Probably the same reason they have to show up at all.

Isn't he the only person prosecuted for Contempt of Congress in like forever? Plus, most witnesses aren't there under subpoena.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:48 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Isn't he the only person prosecuted for Contempt of Congress in like forever? Plus, most witnesses aren't there under subpoena.
Not sure, but I'm guessing government employees are pretty obligated.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Bannon's contempt case is still under appeal. Last I heard, Bannon has been sued by his lawyers for not paying them something like 170 thousand dollars. Meanwhile, word is that Steve is furiously cranking out 170 thousand lies about why he's not the sleaze king.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:

I don't know why witnesses are even necessary. They just talk over them for their own agendas and never let them answer questions on the rare occasion that they actually ask one.

It ain't Must See TV.

Jim Jordan molestor-abettor's hearings repeatedly hurt the GQP more than they do Dems. :thumbup:
Gone in 60 seconds: At FBI director hearing, Republican conspiracies about Biden go 'POOF!'

House Republicans are convinced the FBI and the Department of Justice and basically any law enforcement agency that hasn’t found President Joe Biden guilty of being a global criminal mastermind is corrupt – CORRUPT, I TELL YOU! – and in cahoots with Democrats.

But the steaming hot conspiracy bubbles belching up from the right-wing fever swamps are occasionally pierced by facts, and a rather thunderous bubble-popping took place Wednesday during a House Judiciary Committee hearing featuring FBI Director Christopher Wray....

Rep. Matt Gaetz railed at Wray and the FBI for not finding greater criminality in the actions of the president’s son, Hunter Biden, and for not linking Joe Biden in with the hysterical, evidence-free allegations Republicans have cooked up.

“You seem deeply uncurious about it don’t you? Almost suspiciously uncurious?” asked Gaetz, R-Fla., sounding like a cartoon villain, only dumber. “Are you protecting the Bidens?”

It was all just a giant load of nonsense, which makes sense, as the House Republicans' current motto is: “A giant load of nonsense.”

... So the Republicans who want to defund and discredit the FBI, the ones who eagerly dragged the FBI director through the mud Wednesday with absurd allegations grounded in zero facts, want you, the American people, to believe this: The nation’s premier law enforcement agency has been weaponized against Republicans under a director who is a lifelong Republican and who reached his current post by being selected and confirmed to positions by two Republican presidents and two Republican-led Senate bodies.
:lol: :---P More scathing at the link.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:17 am

Jim Jordan molestor-abettor's hearings repeatedly hurt the GQP more than they do Dems. :thumbup:
Gone in 60 seconds: At FBI director hearing, Republican conspiracies about Biden go 'POOF!'

House Republicans are convinced the FBI and the Department of Justice and basically any law enforcement agency that hasn’t found President Joe Biden guilty of being a global criminal mastermind is corrupt – CORRUPT, I TELL YOU! – and in cahoots with Democrats.

But the steaming hot conspiracy bubbles belching up from the right-wing fever swamps are occasionally pierced by facts, and a rather thunderous bubble-popping took place Wednesday during a House Judiciary Committee hearing featuring FBI Director Christopher Wray....

Rep. Matt Gaetz railed at Wray and the FBI for not finding greater criminality in the actions of the president’s son, Hunter Biden, and for not linking Joe Biden in with the hysterical, evidence-free allegations Republicans have cooked up.

“You seem deeply uncurious about it don’t you? Almost suspiciously uncurious?” asked Gaetz, R-Fla., sounding like a cartoon villain, only dumber. “Are you protecting the Bidens?”

It was all just a giant load of nonsense, which makes sense, as the House Republicans' current motto is: “A giant load of nonsense.”

... So the Republicans who want to defund and discredit the FBI, the ones who eagerly dragged the FBI director through the mud Wednesday with absurd allegations grounded in zero facts, want you, the American people, to believe this: The nation’s premier law enforcement agency has been weaponized against Republicans under a director who is a lifelong Republican and who reached his current post by being selected and confirmed to positions by two Republican presidents and two Republican-led Senate bodies.
:lol: :---P More scathing at the link.
LOL
I wrote this on LNF.
Dog and pony shows without substance seems to be red meat for "the base." That seems to be enough for the current crop of trumpaloons to raise money which is really the endgame as a tool to hold onto their power.

Part of me thinks that major parts of them would actually prefer to be in the minority. They can squawk and shout from rooftops ad nauseam and have no actual responsibility, do no actual work and attend cocktail parties to pat each other on the back and congratulate themselves for doing the lord's work.

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... y-hearings

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:03 am
LOL
I wrote this on LNF.
Dog and pony shows without substance seems to be red meat for "the base." That seems to be enough for the current crop of trumpaloons to raise money which is really the endgame as a tool to hold onto their power.

Part of me thinks that major parts of them would actually prefer to be in the minority. They can squawk and shout from rooftops ad nauseam and have no actual responsibility, do no actual work and attend cocktail parties to pat each other on the back and congratulate themselves for doing the lord's work.

They do like portraying themselves as victims. :violin:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:07 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:03 am
LOL
I wrote this on LNF.

Yeah, the party of personal responsibility. :roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:37 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:07 pm
Yeah, the party of personal responsibility. :roll:
:crybaby:

Molestor-abettor Jim Jordan gets molested and victimized by Fani Willis - well deserved.
Fani Willis accuses Rep. Jim Jordan of 'partisan misrepresentations' over inquiry of election case

The district attorney who brought charges against former President Donald Trump and others over their efforts to overturn the results of Georgia’s 2020 election sent a scathing letter to U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan on Thursday, accusing him of interfering in a state case and pushing “outrageous partisan misrepresentations.”

The letter from Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to Jordan, the Republican chair of the House Judiciary Committee and a close ally of Trump’s, came in response to one he sent last month expressing concerns about the motivations behind her investigation and demanding that she provide certain documents by Thursday. Instead, Willis sent him a nine-page retort detailing the “inaccurate information and misleading statements” in his letter.

“Its obvious purpose is to obstruct a Georgia criminal proceeding and to advance outrageous partisan misrepresentations," Willis wrote. "As I make clear below, there is no justification in the Constitution for Congress to interfere with a state criminal matter, as you attempt to do.”
... State Sen. Colton Moore, a Republican from Georgia’s northwest corner, on Thursday doubled down on his calls for a special session to take money away from Willis’ office and consider her impeachment.

“Fani Willis is spending millions of our taxpayer dollars to take on political prisoners. It’s the most un-American thing that we’ve ever seen in our lifetime,” Moore told the crowd at a rally near the state Capitol, where nearly 100 people vocally expressed their disapproval of Willis, shouting “Tyranny!” and “Treason!” and “Impeach!”
Ooooh a whole "nearly 100 people"! The Atlanta population is 498,715, the Metro area is 6,144,050. More than 100 would show up for a Rick Astley flash mob.
Republican Gov. Brian Kemp dismissed those calls last week in a news conference in which he angrily criticized Moore for running a “grifter scam” to raise money from Trump supporters. Without Kemp’s support, a special session is impossible unless Moore can get 60% of all legislators in each house of Georgia’s General Assembly — that’s all Republicans and some Democrats — to sign a petition. So far, he’s got the support of just one of the 180 state House members and two, including himself, of the 56 state senators.
Hero :thumbup:
... Willis accuses Jordan of violating the U.S. Constitution by trying to interfere with and obstruct her office's prosecution and says his inquiry violates state sovereignty. over matters of state law.

“Your public statements and your letter itself make clear that you lack any legitimate legislative purpose for that inquiry: your job description as a legislator does not include criminal law enforcement, nor does it include supervising a specific criminal trial because you believe that doing so will promote your partisan political objectives,” Willis wrote....

Willis, a Black woman, also suggested that Jordan consider directing the Justice Department to investigate the racist threats she and her staff have received because of the investigation into Trump and others, attaching a batch of communications filled with heinous and violent racist insults....
:---P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

"where nearly 100 people vocally expressed their disapproval of Willis, shouting “Tyranny!” and “Treason!” and “Impeach!”'

That doesn't even rhythm
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

There's a scary thought that hadn't occurred to me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:36 am
There's a scary thought that hadn't occurred to me.

https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/1 ... 8574251240
I still don't think that Jim Jordan molestor-abettor has the votes, but this article suggests that I'm wrong and am giving the House RepuQs too much credit for not being unanimous assholes.

The House is set to vote on a new speaker. Here's what to know

As for Jan 2025, Jordan would need to retain or increase the GQP majority and have almost all commit MAGA treason. I hope that won't be the case. Anyhow, doing my part:

Dear Rep Edwards,

Only a creepy groomer would vote to install molestor-abettor Jim Jordan, who himself is a drooling fanboy cultist of rapist and traitor Dolt .45, as Speaker of our venerable House. WNC and the nation deserve more honor and patriotism than that.

Don't do it!

Sincerely,
(Vrede too)
Won't matter. Edwards is MadCaw without the childish stupidity.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Scarier and scarier. It's not like Jordan has suddenly changed who he is despite whatever arm twisting and back room promises are being made I'm sure none of them have anything to do with certifying the results of the 2024 election.

If the House refuses to certify a Biden win I'm not sure if the courts could even intervene.

Then what? Alternative electors all over again and a very real constitutional crisis?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:07 am
Scarier and scarier. It's not like Jordan has suddenly changed who he is despite whatever arm twisting and back room promises are being made I'm sure none of them have anything to do with certifying the results of the 2024 election.

If the House refuses to certify a Biden win I'm not sure if the courts could even intervene.

Then what? Alternative electors all over again and a very real constitutional crisis?
I started this topic on Jan 13, 2023. No way that I would have predicted that Jordan would be or even might be Speaker. :angry-banghead: Thanks, House GQP, you're awful.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:26 pm
Jim Jordan molestor-abettor is a slimeball through and through, and so are his friends.

These are the 20 Republicans who voted against Jim Jordan for speaker

The first vote concerning Rep. Jim Jordan’s bid to become the next speaker of the House not only fell short on Tuesday, it was, in the words of one ally of the Ohio Republican, “much worse than we expected.”

Twenty Republicans voted against Jordan’s candidacy, far more than the handful he could afford to lose given the party’s narrow majority in Congress.

These are the House Republicans who voted against Jordan:

(votes for David Duke-lite Scalise, Moronic McCarthy and an assortment of others)
Excellent! IIRC McCarthy never had as many as 20 opponents during the 15 ballots back in January.

My note to Edwards was clearly ineffective, though :( . It's a shame that neoplacebo no longer lives in the district ;) , but his Diana Harshbarger is not on the list either, nor has she resigned. Maybe he didn't bother writing her.

Anyhow, good on the score of molestor-abettor rejectors. Hold fast!

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

IIRC, McCarthy had about twenty no votes in the first round, but it sounds like there's enough entrenched no votes to torpedo Gym, plus he won't go 15 rounds nor give all the concessions needed to flip votes without losing the RWNJ's vote.

It's actually a little gratifying to see some of the sane Republicans wielding the same power as the trumpaloons.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:---P :---P :---P :---P

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: GoNancyGo.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:25 pm
IIRC, McCarthy had about twenty no votes in the first round,
You are correct. The votes for people other than McCarthy stayed at 20 over the first 3 days, through ballot #11:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2 ... _the_votes
but it sounds like there's enough entrenched no votes to torpedo Gym, plus he won't go 15 rounds nor give all the concessions needed to flip votes without losing the RWNJ's vote.
Agreed. Fingers crossed.
It's actually a little gratifying to see some of the sane Republicans wielding the same power as the trumpaloons.
To be accurate, most of the "sane Republicans" voted for David Duke-lite Scalise or Moronic McCarthy. A few of the other votes might be for sane, potential compromise with the Dems moderates. I'm not looking them up until they become more viable.
1312. ETTD.