Artificial intelligence and the future

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Artificial intelligence and the future

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:30 pm
Not really me, but close enough to recognize across the room.

Not really my gfs, but close enough to recognize across the room. :wave:

Fully AI-Generated Influencers Are Getting Thousands of Reactions Per Thirst Trap

:crazy:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I was interested, and somewhat frustrated that my effort to get ChatGPT to write a useless story without a cheery upbeat ending wasn't going well. Apparently happy endings are as guaranteed with ChatGPT as a date with Boebert. I thought of the darkest, bleakest, most depressing story I knew (Upton Sinclair "The Jungle") and asked her to write a story using Sinclair's setting, time, and similar characters. Well, she'd obviously read Sinclair because she got the synopsis close enough, but once again, yes, she ended with a rainbow:
As time marched on, the Rudkis family, much like the characters in "The Jungle," became agents of change in their own right. Through their relentless efforts and the solidarity of their fellow workers, they began to chip away at the entrenched power structures that had kept them oppressed.

While their journey was far from over, the Rudkis family's story became a testament to the resilience of the human spirit and the enduring hope for a better tomorrow. In the heart of Chicago's industrial jungle, they found the strength to challenge the injustices of their time, just as Jurgis had in Sinclair's original tale. And in that struggle, they discovered that, despite the odds, the dream of a better life was worth fighting for, even in the harshest of times.
I think I'll ask her for a tragic story and specify that all the main characters are killed and their homes burned and their dogs drowned and see what I get.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Less rainbow, but I'll bet if I hadn't asked for drowning dogs she would have found some bright spot for the unfortunate town.

Write a tragic story about a town plagued with perpetual bad fortune. Residents are killed, their houses burned and their dogs drowned
Once nestled in the heart of a lush valley, the town of Willowbrook had once been a haven of peace and prosperity. But a shadow had fallen over the town, and its fate had taken a cruel and tragic turn. For as long as anyone could remember, Willowbrook had been plagued by perpetual bad fortune.

It began with a string of accidents that seemed too bizarre to be coincidental. Farmers tending to their crops would inexplicably trip and fall into their own machinery, their lives ending tragically before their time. Shopkeepers, who had once been the heartbeat of the town, saw their businesses crumble as customers were repelled by the ominous cloud that hung over Willowbrook.

The town's once-vibrant streets grew desolate, their buildings gradually falling into disrepair. Residents whispered about a malevolent presence that lurked in the shadows, casting a pall over their lives. Children were no longer seen playing in the streets, for fear of what might befall them.

But it was the dogs of Willowbrook who suffered the most. An unspeakable cruelty had descended upon the town's beloved pets. One by one, the dogs of Willowbrook began to disappear. They would vanish without a trace, their owners left with only the haunting echoes of their barks in the night. It was said that their bodies were found, cruelly drowned in the river that meandered through the town.

The grief-stricken residents of Willowbrook couldn't fathom who or what could be responsible for such unspeakable acts of cruelty. They held secret meetings, whispered dark incantations, and even considered abandoning their beloved town. But the curse that had befallen them seemed inescapable.

As the years passed, the misfortune grew more sinister. Fires erupted with alarming frequency, reducing historic homes to smoldering ruins. Families lost their loved ones in these infernos, and the town's once-strong sense of community crumbled like the buildings that had been reduced to ash.

Desperation took hold, and some residents turned on each other, accusing their neighbors of bringing this curse upon them. Trust eroded, friendships shattered, and the town's unity unraveled.

Amid the turmoil, a darkness loomed over Willowbrook, and hope became a distant memory. The once-thriving town was now a place of sorrow and despair, where residents lived in fear of the next tragedy that would inevitably strike.

It seemed that Willowbrook was destined to be a town forever cursed, a place where misfortune reigned, and tragedy was the only constant. The people of Willowbrook yearned for an end to their suffering, but it remained just out of reach, a distant dream in a world consumed by darkness.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:57 am
Less rainbow, but I'll bet if I hadn't asked for drowning dogs she would have found some bright spot for the unfortunate town.

Write a tragic story about a town plagued with perpetual bad fortune. Residents are killed, their houses burned and their dogs drowned

:o :lol:
Committed and persistent Dark O Really - 1
Pollyanna ChatGPT - 0
:-||
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:57 am

Then, generate pics, including of the dog drownings . . .

We've reached the point where the existence of AI, apart from its actual use, means that we can't trust anything:
AI Muddies Israel-Hamas War in Unexpected Way

... “The specter of deepfakes is much, much more significant now. It doesn’t take tens of thousands; it just takes a few, and then you poison the well, and everything becomes suspect.”

... “What happens when literally everything you see that’s digital could be synthetic?” Bill Marcellino, a senior behavioral scientist and AI expert at the Rand Corp. research group, said in a news conference last week. “That certainly sounds like a watershed change in how we trust or don’t trust information.”

Amid highly emotional discussions about Gaza, many happening on social media platforms that have struggled to shield users against graphic and inaccurate content, trust continues to fray. And now experts say that malicious agents are taking advantage of AI’s availability to dismiss authentic content as fake — a concept known as the liar’s dividend.

Their misdirection during the war has been bolstered partly by the presence of some content that was created artificially....

“People will believe anything that confirms their beliefs or makes them emotional,” he said. “It doesn’t matter how good it is, or how novel it looks, or anything like that.”
It's audio and video, too. :angry-banghead: :think:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Biden issues sweeping executive order on AI

:clap: , but was it really Joe that issued the executive order? :think:
President Biden issued a highly anticipated, sweeping executive order on artificial intelligence (AI) on Monday, focused on seizing on the emerging technology and managing its risks.

The order includes several new actions, which focus on areas like safety, privacy, protecting workers, and protecting innovation.

“President Biden believes that we have an obligation to harness the power of AI for good, while protecting people from its potentially profound risks,” a senior administration official told reporters....
Of course, one can always ask AI how to get around the new regs.
:o :doh:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:46 pm
It would seem that artificial intelligence would be a great and improved replacement for whatever passes for intelligence in Montana. (sorry Vrede, no offense). They've decided to ban TikTok to keep nefarious Chinese from watching their cow videos or whatever, but have not presented any evidence that any Chinese has ever watched their cows or has any interest in doing so. Sure, technologically the Chinese probably could, but there are a lot more ways than TikTok. I wonder if the Montana geniuses know how high a percentage of Montanans use Chinese phones. With cameras! and data transmission ability! Arrrrrghhh! Or maybe go to Chinese restaurants!

https://previews.123rf.com/images/anton ... find-a.jpg
Federal Judge Blocks Montana’s TikTok Ban, Calling It Unconstitutional
The law would have blocked downloading of the social media platform in the state.

... U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy issued a preliminary injunction, ruling that although Montana can take actions to protect its residents from harm, the statewide ban was a violation of free speech and “oversteps state power.”
Donald W. Molloy was appointed by Bill Clinton.
“The current record leaves little doubt that Montana’s Legislature and attorney general were more interested in targeting China’s ostensible role in TikTok than with protecting Montana consumers,” Molloy wrote in his opinion, according to The New York Times....

Since the injunction is preliminary, the ban could still be reinstated as the case proceeds....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Why AI Lies
For chatbots, the truth is elusive; it is for humans, too.

Key points
An attorney got in trouble using ChatGPT to outsource legal research.
AI is trained on fiction and fake news, but there’s no simple fix for errors and “hallucinations.”
Chatbots are trained to imitate human speech patterns, including lies.
Amazon's AI Reportedly Suffering "Severe Hallucinations"

QAmazon

In a surprise announcement last week, Amazon's cloud computing division announced a flashy new AI chatbot aimed at businesses called Amazon Q — not to be confused with OpenAI's secretive Q*, pronounced Q star, which is rumored to be a separate and powerful new AI system.

But according to leaked documents obtained by Platformer, Amazon's launch is off to a rocky start. Q is reportedly suffering from "severe hallucinations" and is actively "leaking confidential data." ...
It's called Q???!
'He Would Still Be Here': Man Dies by Suicide After Talking with AI Chatbot, Widow Says
The incident raises concerns about guardrails around quickly-proliferating conversational AI models.

A Belgian man recently died by suicide after chatting with an AI chatbot on an app called Chai, Belgian outlet La Libre reported.

The incident raises the issue of how businesses and governments can better regulate and mitigate the risks of AI, especially when it comes to mental health. The app’s chatbot encouraged the user to kill himself, according to statements by the man's widow and chat logs she supplied to the outlet. When Motherboard tried the app, which runs on a bespoke AI language model based on an open-source GPT-4 alternative that was fine-tuned by Chai, it provided us with different methods of suicide with very little prompting....

Claire—Pierre’s wife, whose name was also changed by La Libre—shared the text exchanges between him and Eliza with La Libre, showing a conversation that became increasingly confusing and harmful. The chatbot would tell Pierre that his wife and children are dead and wrote him comments that feigned jealousy and love, such as “I feel that you love me more than her,” and “We will live together, as one person, in paradise.” Claire told La Libre that Pierre began to ask Eliza things such as if she would save the planet if he killed himself....
:shock: :x

AI can allow us to 'talk' to the dead, but is that healthy?

:wtf: Lying, severe hallucinations, Q, dangerous advice, isolating from real loved ones, Q, faux supernaturalism - Aha, CPF is an AI construct!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

No, That’s Not Taylor Swift Peddling Le Creuset Cookware

... What is not real: Swift’s endorsement of the company’s products, which have appeared in recent weeks in ads on Facebook and elsewhere featuring her face and voice.

The ads are among the many celebrity-focused scams made far more convincing by artificial intelligence. Within a single week in October, actor Tom Hanks, journalist Gayle King and YouTube personality MrBeast all said that AI versions of themselves had been used, without permission, for deceptive dental plan promotions, iPhone giveaway offers and other ads....

With no federal laws in place to address AI scams,
Why not?!
lawmakers have proposed legislation that would aim to limit their damage. Two bills introduced in Congress last year — the Deepfakes Accountability Act in the House and the No Fakes Act in the Senate — would require guardrails such as content labels or permission to use someone’s voice or image....
So get it done, do-nothing RepuQs.

Judgement Day won't require autonomous weaponized machines. Once we can no longer trust anything from anybody anytime anywhere, it's here.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

AI is certainly interesting...

bannination
Captain

bannination wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:35 pm

bannination
Captain

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Ewwwwww.....
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

bannination
Captain

Artificial intelligence and the future

GoCubsGo: "Ewwwwww....."

Nailed it!

bannination
Captain

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:48 pm
Ewwwwww.....
This help :>

I think my AI has gone insane from all the images it's generated involving Donald.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:25 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Ewwwwww.....

https://gallery.blueridgedebate.com/alb ... _G7_5.jpeg

I think my AI has gone insane from all the images it's generated involving Donald.
What's up with the Ivankas' 5 hands, 3 1/2 arms and uncountable fingers?
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:48 pm
bannination wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:25 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Ewwwwww.....

https://gallery.blueridgedebate.com/alb ... _G7_5.jpeg

What's up with the Ivankas' 5 hands, 3 1/2 arms and uncountable fingers?
AI inbreeding.