Trump on Trial

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump on Trial

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:20 am
We go from Presidential Immunity to Total Immunity in one all caps screed and confess in the process.

Nice.

The big fat :crybaby: has the reasoning skills of a simple child.
"Well intended" mistakes are almost never prosecuted. Deliberate crimes get indictments.
No other POTUSes have ever been prosecuted, just him.
Nobody stops police from doing their jobs, and firing and/or charging the rogues and (redundantly) bad apples enhances "strong and effective crime prevention".
He was massively "imperfect", not "slightly", an ongoing criminal enterprise. Hence the 91 felony indictments.
He is the one that attempted to strip the "authority" of government by engineering a coup and stealing classified documents.

Lock him up!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Not bad.

Maybe she wants to be disbarred and be a full time spokescreature.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

She still doesn't seem to grasp the concept that he's already been found guilty and the trial was strictly about damages.

Good lawyering.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:crybaby:

The HabbaDabbaDoo template:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:29 pm
She still doesn't seem to grasp the concept that ___________ .

She's worth $83.3 million . . . but not in a good way :lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Article

:shock: Jurors wishing to cash in will have to discount the cost of 24/7 security for years from their projected earnings.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
She still doesn't seem to grasp the concept that he's already been found guilty and the trial was strictly about damages.

Good lawyering.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 2143141939
HabbaDabbaDoo almost deserved her own thread, but perhaps that ship done sailed:
"Trump doesn't have an appeal": Experts say Trump may fire lawyer after being "burned very severely"
Legal experts skewered Alina Habba's "comedy of bumbling errors" in Trump defamation trial

Former President Donald Trump's appeal of the $83.3 million verdict in the defamation case brought by E. Jean Carroll is unlikely to succeed, legal experts say....
Brian Manookian
(Nashville lawyer)

Let me ruin the suspense for everyone. Trump doesn't have an appeal.

I know the talking heads on TV (who have never tried a case or appealed a jury verdict) have to mention it. Here's why it isn't going to fly.

To have a meritorious appeal, you have to preserve a reversible error at the trial level. This is why you hire competent counsel. You need someone who actually knows the rules of evidence and procedure.

Alina Habba had no clue what was occurring throughout the trial. She not only failed to preserve any remote grounds for appeal, like a moron, she repeatedly and unintentionally waived them over and over.

For example, she kept saying "no objection" as exhibits were entered into evidence.

It appeared to me that she was saying that because she that's something she had heard real lawyers say before.

Unfortunately for Mr. Trump, what she was doing over and over was waiving his ability to appeal over those evidentiary issues. Because she is a moron who would rather *play* lawyer than do the research to *be* a lawyer.

There's no appeal here. And because people have asked me in the past, no, there is no such thing as an incompetent counsel defense in civil cases. That's for criminal matters.

Take this verdict to the bank.
:---P :laughing-rolling:
Former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman also criticized Habba's courtroom skills during a Sunday MSNBC appearance, dubbing them a "comedy of bumbling errors.

Litman suggested that the former president may consider booting Habba from his legal team after her poor performance in the trial.

"Alina Habba — maybe in [Trump's] own mind is like, 'That's a path I can't go on. I've been burned very severely,'" Litman said, adding later: "I do think part of the rough week he had was having chosen a counsel who doesn't seem to have any, not just chops, but judgment about how you try a case like this when it's already been established and you may not quibble that your client has sexually assaulted the plaintiff and then lied about it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPPq1c9VQ4
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:50 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Good lawyering.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 2143141939
HabbaDabbaDoo almost deserved her own thread, but perhaps that ship done sailed:
"Trump doesn't have an appeal": Experts say Trump may fire lawyer after being "burned very severely"
Legal experts skewered Alina Habba's "comedy of bumbling errors" in Trump defamation trial

Former President Donald Trump's appeal of the $83.3 million verdict in the defamation case brought by E. Jean Carroll is unlikely to succeed, legal experts say....
Brian Manookian
(Nashville lawyer)

Let me ruin the suspense for everyone. Trump doesn't have an appeal.

I know the talking heads on TV (who have never tried a case or appealed a jury verdict) have to mention it. Here's why it isn't going to fly.

To have a meritorious appeal, you have to preserve a reversible error at the trial level. This is why you hire competent counsel. You need someone who actually knows the rules of evidence and procedure.

Alina Habba had no clue what was occurring throughout the trial. She not only failed to preserve any remote grounds for appeal, like a moron, she repeatedly and unintentionally waived them over and over.

For example, she kept saying "no objection" as exhibits were entered into evidence.

It appeared to me that she was saying that because she that's something she had heard real lawyers say before.

Unfortunately for Mr. Trump, what she was doing over and over was waiving his ability to appeal over those evidentiary issues. Because she is a moron who would rather *play* lawyer than do the research to *be* a lawyer.

There's no appeal here. And because people have asked me in the past, no, there is no such thing as an incompetent counsel defense in civil cases. That's for criminal matters.

Take this verdict to the bank.
:---P :laughing-rolling:
Former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman also criticized Habba's courtroom skills during a Sunday MSNBC appearance, dubbing them a "comedy of bumbling errors.

Litman suggested that the former president may consider booting Habba from his legal team after her poor performance in the trial.

"Alina Habba — maybe in [Trump's] own mind is like, 'That's a path I can't go on. I've been burned very severely,'" Litman said, adding later: "I do think part of the rough week he had was having chosen a counsel who doesn't seem to have any, not just chops, but judgment about how you try a case like this when it's already been established and you may not quibble that your client has sexually assaulted the plaintiff and then lied about it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPPq1c9VQ4&t=3s
“that's something she had heard real lawyers say before.”

hehehe
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

It's only going to get better.

Taylor Swift has a successful career as a singer. If Habba wants to compare singing careers, the Trump lawyer was once sued by a Black employee who alleged Habba was loudly singing rap music with n-word and sexist lyrics in the workplace. The lawsuit alleged Habba would loudly sing explicit rap music in order to pump herself up before heading to court.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

HabbaDabbaDoo was 9 "in the early 90s". Should we look into who she was playing doctor with back then? Better yet, let's enter into evidence who ex-PINO was associating with then :twisted:

What a strange target for her to pick.
TayTay is prettier than you, HabbaDabbaDoo, which means that she's a smarter/better lawyer along with being a better performer.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

As I and others have noted before, Habba went to a low-tier law school and wasn't a top performer. She clerked for a judge in "night court" (not literally, but maybe), spent a couple of years with some firm that booted her off the partner track, worked for a firm her husband started, and, with her own firm, worked for her next husband's parkade company. She was only lead counsel on maybe three cases, and her own clients were mostly personal injury type cases. She was supremely unqualified to represent Trump in any high profile matter, and her firm doesn't have the depth that would be required to do it anyway. She had an awful strategy, worse execution, awful behaviour that worked against her own and her client's interest. If a real firm, a major name firm, had handled the matter, she might have gotten to work on the case but she wouldn't get any closer to the actual courtroom than the parking lot. Hiring "all the best people" still.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:36 pm
As I and others have noted before, Habba went to a low-tier law school and wasn't a top performer. She clerked for a judge in "night court" (not literally, but maybe), spent a couple of years with some firm that booted her off the partner track, worked for a firm her husband started, and, with her own firm, worked for her next husband's parkade company. She was only lead counsel on maybe three cases, and her own clients were mostly personal injury type cases. She was supremely unqualified to represent Trump in any high profile matter, and her firm doesn't have the depth that would be required to do it anyway. She had an awful strategy, worse execution, awful behaviour that worked against her own and her client's interest. If a real firm, a major name firm, had handled the matter, she might have gotten to work on the case but she wouldn't get any closer to the actual courtroom than the parking lot. Hiring "all the best people" still.
Oppsie.

I would think that parking garage owners are grateful to trump for removing her from their sphere.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hey O Really, George Conway lives and/or works in Bethesda. :clap:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:00 pm
Oppsie.

I would think that parking garage owners are grateful to trump for removing her from their sphere.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 3117537317
https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 4283910234
TRE45QN doesn't believe in showing weakness, ever. He would have already replaced her, but there is no level of professional skill below parkade lawyer.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"NY Post" as a primary source for a court filing. :lol: :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:38 pm
"NY Post" as a primary source for a court filing. :lol: :lol:
"NY Post" as a primary source for __________. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boycott Budget Suites of America.
Exclusive-Hotelier Robert Bigelow gives Trump $1 million for legal fees

Hotelier Robert Bigelow told Reuters on Tuesday he gave Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump $1 million for his legal fees and agreed to donate another $20 million to a pro-Trump outside group for campaign purposes.

"I gave him $1 million towards his legal fees a few weeks ago. I made a promise to give him $20 million more, that will be to the super PAC," the Nevada-based owner of Budget Suites of America said in an interview....
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:41 pm
No problem there. :puke-left:

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:41 pm
No problem. I don't stay anywhere that starts in "Budget" but in any case they're only in NV, AZ, and TX.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

HabbaDabaDoo has been benched rather unceremoniously. :clap: :lol:

Might not be hearing much from her for a while.
I am in the process, along with my team, of interviewing various law firms to represent me in an Appeal of one of the most ridiculous and unfair Witch Hunts our Country has ever seen - The defamation Sham presided over by a Clinton appointed, highly partisan, Trump Hating Judge, Lewis Kaplan, who was, together with certain other Radical Left Democrat Judges, one of the most partisan and out of control activists that I have ever appeared before. He was a “bully” who demanded two trials, rather than one, denied me Due Process, would not allow me to put forth vital evidence (of which there was much!), and only allowed me to be on the witness stand for minutes, telling my lawyer what to ask, and telling me to only give one word answers, as his wife and friends sat in cordoned off front row seats watching with glee. This entire HOAX is a disgrace to our American System of Justice. Any lawyer who takes a TRUMP CASE is either “CRAZY,” or a TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT. I will make my decision soon! https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 3080388710

O Really
Admiral

Somebody soon is going to disabuse him of the idea that you can appeal a decision just because you don't like it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:11 am
Somebody soon is going to disabuse him of the idea that you can appeal a decision just because you don't like it.
He'll lawyer shop until he finds one that tells him what he wants to hear and get second rate lawyers again.

Hope they get paid up front.