Trump on Trial

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Trump on Trial

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

LOL

If he had half a brain he'd be talking plea deal.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Does he not have attorneys to explain things to him?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Deranged Jack Smith purposefully omitted the Presidential Records Act from his sham Indictment, even though he knows that the PRA is the only law that applies to this subject. Nor does he mention the Clinton Socks Case, or any of the many others cases that are exactly on point, and completely vindicate me. He should be ashamed of himself but, more importantly, he, the DOJ, and the FBI, should be sanctioned for PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT and Grand Jury Abuse. ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!

ReTruths

His trial absolutely needs to be televised.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:05 pm

Then, his incarceration needs to be televised. Not just intake, the duration.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:43 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

I used to think that if I were the CEO of a cable network, I'd have a fireplace channel, an aquarium channel, a fireworks channel, a test pattern channel, and a few others. This trump prison channel would be one I'd add to my lineup.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 am
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

I used to think that if I were the CEO of a cable network, I'd have a fireplace channel, an aquarium channel, a fireworks channel, a test pattern channel, and a few others. This trump prison channel would be one I'd add to my lineup.
:thumbup: In a nod to the Jim Carrey classic, The Trumpman Show.
1312. ETTD.

FlyingHippo

Unread post by FlyingHippo »

I seriously doubt he'll ever see prison time.

It would be too big of an embarrassment to put a former POTUS in jail.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

FlyingHippo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:06 am

He probably won't do time, but putting him in jail would certainly be less an embarrassment than having elected him in the first place.

FlyingHippo

Very true, it's pretty embarssing he went from a joke vote to actually winning the GOP leadership, and then even worse that he won.

Truly feels like the bar is getting lower and lower to run. Just need money and willing to make concessions for businesses/campaign contributors.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:15 am
FlyingHippo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:06 am

He probably won't do time, but putting him in jail would certainly be less an embarrassment than having elected him in the first place.
True dat. :lol:

Some sort of house arrest, but he needs to be cut off from social interaction and social media like any other convicted felon.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 am
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

I don't know about the fireworks and test pattern, but there is a fireplace channel and aquarium channel. Even channels to entertain dogs and cats while you're away. Not necessarily on cable, but live cams bring lots of things to watch right to your screen. I'm thinking Trump in a cell would work even as a subscription. It might not be as entertaining as bears catching salmon https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bear ... almon-cams but it would give a lot of people great satisfaction. Oh, and it could have viewer votes on stuff, like his lunch menu. Warm his hot dog or serve it cold? Put a screen just outside his cell so he can see people tweeting about him but can't answer. Wake him up every day with music:

O Really
Admiral

FlyingHippo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:17 am
Very true, it's pretty embarssing he went from a joke vote to actually winning the GOP leadership, and then even worse that he won.

Truly feels like the bar is getting lower and lower to run. Just need money and willing to make concessions for businesses/campaign contributors.
There have always been loons trying for office, but it used to be they just got laughed off stage. Now they get votes in some cases just because they're loons. Maybe a lot of earlier politicians were hypocritical, espousing societal norms and doing something else, but that's better than what we have now where there is no respect for community, society or law. No extensive sources needed: I offer one George Santos (R-NY)

FlyingHippo

O Really wrote:
> [quote=FlyingHippo post_id=186172 time=1688743045 user_id=3845]
> Very true, it's pretty embarssing he went from a joke vote to actually
> winning the GOP leadership, and then even worse that he won.
>
> Truly feels like the bar is getting lower and lower to run. Just need money
> and willing to make concessions for businesses/campaign contributors.
> [/quote]
>
> There have always been loons trying for office, but it used to be they just
> got laughed off stage. Now they get votes in some cases just because
> they're loons. Maybe a lot of earlier politicians were hypocritical,
> espousing societal norms and doing something else, but that's better than
> what we have now where there is no respect for community, society or law.
> No extensive sources needed: I offer one George Santos (R-NY)

yeah - now we have revenge voting.

People voting for the sole purpose of "punishing" the system or society with the anti-candidate.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

FlyingHippo wrote:

Just one fat cat donor can keep a subpar pol viable for months longer than in the past, and occasionally propel her/him to victory.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:18 pm
FlyingHippo wrote:

Just one fat cat donor can keep a subpar pol viable for months longer than in the past, and occasionally propel her/him to victory.
Yeah but it used to be the fat cat donor didn't want to waste his money on a likely loser, which unfortunately also meant a lot of "good" candidates didn't get funding.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I remember my mom worrying about voting for Kennedy against Nixon "because he's a Catholic." At the time I didn't know what the fuck a Catholic was other than they had their own church and school in my town.

Aside: Fr William Casey, former priest at the above noted school is now serving life in prison for sexually abusing young boys from that school during camping trips to NC back in the 70's.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:56 pm
I remember my mom worrying about voting for Kennedy against Nixon "because he's a Catholic." At the time I didn't know what the fuck a Catholic was other than they had their own church and school in my town.

Aside: Fr William Casey, former priest at the above noted school is now serving life in prison for sexually abusing young boys from that school during camping trips to NC back in the 70's.
I'm surprised the Repugs haven't thought of accusing any Catholic candidate of being a predatory molester.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:02 pm
I'm surprised the Repugs haven't thought of accusing any Catholic candidate of being a predatory molester.
They know that fundy pastors are just as bad. The chief difference is that the evangelicals don't have the same organized hierarchy protecting and relocating them.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:02 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:56 pm

Yeah, especially since Biden is Catholic. The only thing I can think of is that they're still not finished stomping other groups. I expect Catholics to get their turn eventually. Especially with the built in "pedophile" aspect of it. But, too, like vrede noted, the evangelicals are up to their own elbows in the same sort of thing, but in a more hetero way.

O Really
Admiral

RepuQ's attack the DOJ and FBI, whine "witch hunt" and "political persecution" and say a lot of "b-b-Hillary" and "whudabout Hunter", but what they don't say is "the accusations are false." Their (mostly unstated out loud) position is that Trump is indeed above the law and should be left alone no matter what he's done. That's scary when you think about it.