HunterHunterHunter

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: HunterHunterHunter

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

SNL at its best
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:46 am
SNL at its best
:thumbup:

Dem quips on the complete lack of evidence of any wrongdoing by Joltin' Joe, which is even now admitted by the GQP's own witnesses:
* It's like if an adult son speeds in a car owned by the father, then charging the father.
* The problem with mudslinging is that you need mud.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:22 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:30 pm
I hate to finally do it but this :bs: ain't going away any time soon.

House Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) is an asshole:

National Security
FBI ‘expressly’ opposed GOP release of unverified Biden tip

As well as batshit crazy and dangerous.

Public ridicule is a valid tactic for dealing with batshit crazy and dangerous:
:laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:33 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

National Security

Public ridicule is a valid tactic for dealing with batshit crazy and dangerous:
:laughing-rolling:
As they've done maybe hundreds of times when confronted with misdeeds by their own - attack, blame the other side for doing the same and attack first if possible - therefore -
Biden selling access to our enemies - easily translates to - oh shit, trump is about to be exposed for handing Israeli security secrets to the Russians, who passed it on to the Iranians and then to Hamas.

The Nation had a headline today's saying as much. My subscription and my this months free articles were up, so I didn't read it.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:55 pm
As they've done maybe hundreds of times when confronted with misdeeds by their own - attack, blame the other side for doing the same and attack first if possible - therefore -
Biden selling access to our enemies - easily translates to - oh shit, trump is about to be exposed for handing Israeli security secrets to the Russians, who passed it on to the Iranians and then to Hamas.

The Nation had a headline today's saying as much. My subscription and my this months free articles were up, so I didn't read it.
Try clearing your cookies. That gets me 4 free articles. I failed at finding an article at The Nation, but I didn't search it for long. I found this at Newsweek, but it's hard for me to imagine how TRE45QN's 2017 leak theoretically helped Hamas that much in 2023.
Donald Trump's Israel Intel Leak Under Scrutiny After Hamas Attack

... Thom Hartmann, author and political commentator, posted on X, formerly Twitter, while sharing a 2017 article from The Washington Post: "Hamas apparently knew how to get around Israel's Iron Dome defenses. They probably learned this from Iran. Iran almost certainly got the information from Russia. And who gave it to Russia? Sure looks like it was Donald Trump, at the request of Putin." ...
The incident does illuminate, again, what an asshole TRE45QN is. Also, AFAIK the Iron Dome has been working fairly well. It is other ground and low altitude air defenses that failed miserably.

That's not to say that we should give TRE45QN a pass. His policies were not helpful:

Donald Trump Is Partly to Blame for the Situation in Israel | Opinion
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:47 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Try clearing your cookies. That gets me 4 free articles. I failed at finding an article at The Nation, but I didn't search it for long. I found this at Newsweek, but it's hard for me to imagine how TRE45QN's 2017 leak theoretically helped Hamas that much in 2023.
Donald Trump's Israel Intel Leak Under Scrutiny After Hamas Attack

... Thom Hartmann, author and political commentator, posted on X, formerly Twitter, while sharing a 2017 article from The Washington Post: "Hamas apparently knew how to get around Israel's Iron Dome defenses. They probably learned this from Iran. Iran almost certainly got the information from Russia. And who gave it to Russia? Sure looks like it was Donald Trump, at the request of Putin." ...
The incident does illuminate, again, what an asshole TRE45QN is. Also, AFAIK the Iron Dome has been working fairly well. It is other ground and low altitude air defenses that failed miserably.

That's not to say that we should give TRE45QN a pass. His policies were not helpful:

Donald Trump Is Partly to Blame for the Situation in Israel | Opinion

https://www.thenation.com/article/world ... tine-gaza/

Maybe this is it

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:32 pm

Maybe this is it
Interesting analysis, but nothing to do with "trump is about to be exposed for handing Israeli security secrets to the Russians, who passed it on to the Iranians and then to Hamas." In fact, some minor praise for Dolt .45's regional policy is offered.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:43 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:32 pm

Maybe this is it
Interesting analysis, but nothing to do with "trump is about to be exposed for handing Israeli security secrets to the Russians, who passed it on to the Iranians and then to Hamas." In fact, some minor praise for Dolt .45's regional policy is offered.
I'll keep looking

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Mocks Byron Donalds Over Speaker Bid

... Asked by MSNBC's Mehdi Hasan what she thought about the 44-year-old Florida Congressman, who announced his candidacy last week, the Democrat Representative for New York implied Donalds lacked the experience requisite for the role.

"He's only served one term in the U.S. House of Representatives," she said. "The last thing that he did in an Oversight Committee was attempt to submit falsified evidence to an impeachment hearing."

Ocasio-Cortez, widely known as AOC, was referring to an impeachment hearing last month, when she accused Donalds of fabricating information when he showed text messages that he claimed indicated Hunter Biden engaged in fraud and money laundering to benefit his father, President Joe Biden.

Today she added of his bid: "I think it helps to know where all the bathrooms are before you run for the U.S. House of Representatives, personally, and I think it helps to have some real experience in one of the most complex legislative bodies in the world before you try to run it."

:---P GoAOCGo!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Another GOP ‘Bombshell’ About Joe Biden Turns Out To Be A Dud
Republicans’ impeachment inquiry continues to limp along in the background of their speaker drama.

Opps.
... White House spokesperson Ian Sams said Republicans should pick a House speaker instead of picking on the president’s family members.

“After rummaging through thousands of pages of a private citizen’s bank records, they have again turned up zero evidence of wrongdoing by President Biden — and that’s because there is none,” Sams said.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

National Security

Well, Well, Well: Hypocrite James Comer Did Exactly What Joe Biden Did

. . . and worse. In fact, along with fishy intra-family "loans" and land transfers Comer has been making shady property valuations like the ones Dolt .45 is currently on trial for. Opps.

Lock him up!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:46 pm

Well, Well, Well: Hypocrite James Comer Did Exactly What Joe Biden Did

. . . and worse. In fact, along with fishy intra-family "loans" and land transfers Comer has been making shady property valuations like the ones Dolt .45 is currently on trial for. Opps.

Lock him up!
I am so, so sick of these people. The really sad part is there are so many transgressions and so many outrages that it's become just another day at the office.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:07 pm
I am so, so sick of these people. The really sad part is there are so many transgressions and so many outrages that it's become just another day at the office.
Yep. It feels like we're supposed to feel overwhelmed, cynical, hopeless, immobilized and inoculated to the next outrage. There are bunches that I don't bother with now that I would have posted 7 or even 2 years ago. Conspiracy theory? Maybe. Wrong? Maybe not.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Chris Hayes Nails James Comer For His ‘Most Humiliating Loss’ Yet
“And there have been a lot,” the MSNBC host said.

... On Tuesday, Hunter Biden signaled via his attorney that he was willing to testify in the impeachment probe into his father, President Joe Biden, but only if he could do so in a public hearing. He argued Republicans could use a closed-door setting to manipulate the facts.

Comer rejected the offer, claiming the president’s son was trying to “play by his own rules.”
Cowardly cockroach Comer scurries away from the light.
On “All In” Wednesday night, Hayes said, “Hunter Biden has called their bluff.”

He added, “You’d think that would be precisely the sort of dramatic, confrontational moment Republicans have been waiting for.”

“After years building up to this climactic moment, the opportunity to grill Hunter Biden under oath in front of the country, Republicans retreated from their own battle? This is absolutely the most humiliating loss for James Comer yet, and there have been a lot,” Hayes said....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unscientific The Hill poll:
If Hunter Biden testifies before the House Judiciary Committee, should the testimony be public or private?

Public 73%, including me
Private (sleazy GQP) 7%
It doesn't matter to me 20%
Other / No opinion 0%

Based on 120 responses
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:07 pm
They just don't care how stupid and dishonest they look parroting lies that have already been debunked. Even Faux Noise is sick of it:

Kansas Senator Silenced By Mid-Interview Fact-Check

:---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Crickets from the wingnuts on this one.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:37 pm

:roll: https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 4743065981
It's the clinic that US Rep Dr Ronny Jackson (R-TX) built.

FYI, Provigil.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

FBI informant charged with lying about Joe and Hunter Biden's ties to Ukrainian energy company

... Alexander Smirnov falsely told FBI agents in June 2020 that executives associated with the Ukrainian energy company Burisma paid Hunter and Joe Biden $5 million each in 2015 or 2016, prosecutors said Thursday.

Smirnov told the FBI that a Burisma executive had claimed to have hired Hunter Biden to “protect us, through his dad, from all kinds of problems,” prosecutors said.

The allegations became a flashpoint in Congress last summer as Republicans demanded the FBI release the unredacted form documenting the allegations as they pursued investigations of Biden and his family....
The article doesn't say how Smirnov benefited from the lies. Was he just being paid by TRE45QN's FBI, or was he also working for MAGA and the GQP?

What do you bet that the RW web is blowing up with claims that these charges are part of a Biden/Deep State coverup?

EDIT: Weird, there was a bunch added to the article, including:
... The charges were filed by Justice Department special counsel David Weiss, who has separately charged Hunter Biden with firearm and tax violations. Hunter Biden's legal team did not immediately return a message seeking comment....
No coverup. Weiss, you may remember, is the Repub who was appointed United States Attorney in Delaware by TRE45QN. Checkmate, cons, you were duped by a scammer, as usual.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:37 pm

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 4743065981
Another topic for them to cower from:

Indicted ex-FBI informant told investigators he got Hunter Biden dirt from Russian intelligence officials

Further proof that the GQP has become the Party of Putin. Reagan is rolling over in his grave.
1312. ETTD.