Other MAGAt trials

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Other MAGAt trials

Unread post by Vrede too »

Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: MAGAt besides Trump trials

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Bahahahaha
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: MAGAts besides Trump trials

Interesting. Has anyone in the Dolt .45 orbit ever done this?

Mar-a-Lago property manager invokes speedy trial rights in Trump classified documents case

Off the top of my head I have no problem with upholding his speedy trial rights.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Other MAGAt trials

"Could be devastating": Indicted ex-GOP chair "explicitly" throws Trump under the bus in new filing

David Shafer, a former chairman of Georgia's Republican Party and one of the 19 people charged in the Georgia 2020 election interference case, claimed in a Monday court filing that he and the other Republican electors who attempted to falsely certify a victory for Donald Trump were acting at the direction of the former president.

As defendants in the far-reaching indictment begin to surrender to authorities ahead of the Friday deadline, "Shafer's position signals that some may be poised to turn on the former president," Axios reports.

"Mr. Shafer and the other Republican Electors in the 2020 election acted at the direction of the incumbent President and other federal officials," lawyers for the former GOP chairman wrote in the filing....

Shafer is facing eight charges in the Georgia indictment, including false statements and writings, forgery in the first degree and impersonating a public officer. In addition to some of the electors and a slew of other alleged conspirators, Trump and several of his former attorneys have also been charged in relation to their alleged roles in attempting to subvert the election results....
“The Karen of criminal defendants”: Experts trash indicted Trump co-defendant’s “entitled” demand

Legal experts called out former Trump Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark after he asked for an emergency stay of criminal proceedings against him in Fulton County and demanded a response from a judge within hours....

"I must confess that in my thirty years as a litigator, not once did I have occasion to tell a federal judge that he had a deadline he had to meet so that I would not have to make 'rushed travel arrangements,'" quipped attorney George Conway.

Former U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance said Clark's "ridiculous" filing was the "strangest motion so far of any of Trump's co-defendants in Georgia." ...
Mark Meadows runs to federal judge after Fani Willis brutally rejects his attempt to delay arrest

Complex article, but these stand out to me:
... "I am not granting any extensions," Willis wrote to Meadows' lawyer on Tuesday morning, reiterating her stringent deadline. "I gave 2 weeks for people to surrender themselves to the court. Your client is no different than any other criminal defendant in this jurisdiction. The two weeks was a tremendous courtesy."

"At 12:30 pm on Friday I shall file warrants in the system," she added. "My team has availability to meet to discuss reasonable consent bonds Wednesday and Thursday." ...

"Unfortunately for Mark Meadows' motion, I haven't been able to find the federal law or constitutional provision that made interfering in a lawful election a part of his job in the White House," jabbed former acting Solicitor General Neal Kaytal on X, formerly Twitter....
:---P :---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

In the meantime, Rudy applied for bond.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:14 pm
In the meantime, Rudy applied for bond.

https://twitter.com/Jackles95/status/16 ... 4231759111
$150K :headscratch: Competent people sort this out ahead of time. This, too:
Rudy Giuliani can't find a Georgia lawyer — so he's using an unindicted co-conspirator at "no cost"

Rudy Giuliani is still without a Georgia-based attorney and former New York Police Commissioner Bernie Kerik is assisting him in finding legal representation in the Fulton County 2020 election interference case, sources familiar with the situation told CNN. Kerik, who is not a lawyer, has agreed to help Giuliani at "no cost" through the first leg of the Georgia case's prosecution, which includes negotiating bond with the Fulton County district attorney's office and Giuliani's surrender to local authorities, the sources added....

Though Kerik was not indicted in the Georgia case, his attorney confirmed to CNN that he is unnamed co-conspirator 5 in the charging document. According to the indictment, the fifth co-conspirator participated in a range of meetings with lawmakers in states Trump was contesting the election results in — Pennsylvania and Arizona — including at least one session at the White House.
Former "America's Cop" Bernie Kerik is also a TRE45QN-pardoned multi-felon. Great fake counsel you've got there, RudyRudyRudy.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: MAGAts besides Trump trials

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:24 pm
Interesting. Has anyone in the Dolt .45 orbit ever done this?

Mar-a-Lago property manager invokes speedy trial rights in Trump classified documents case

Off the top of my head I have no problem with upholding his speedy trial rights.
Another one:
Legal experts: Jan. 6 architect made a “risky gamble” — but Fani Willis just “called his bluff”

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis proposed an Oct. 23 trial start date in the Georgia 2020 election interference case involving former President Donald Trump and his allies after lawyers for one of the co-defendants filed a motion demanding a speedy trial.

The aggressive filing from Kenneth Chesebro, the mastermind behind the plan to send fake electors to Congress from states Trump had lost, surprised legal experts. "He is making a risky gamble," New York University Law Prof. Ryan Goodman wrote on X, formerly Twitter....

Chesebro is charged with racketeering and other offenses, including conspiring to commit impersonating a public officer, conspiring to commit forgery in the first degree and conspiring to commit false statements and writings.

Willis responded to Chesebro's speedy trial demand on Thursday calling for the trial for all 19 Fulton defendants to begin in October, according to a court filing — five months earlier than the March 4, 2024, start date she initially proposed last week.

MSNBC legal analyst Katie Phang called the response "Willis calling Kenneth Chesebro's bluff."

"While most defendants seek to delay the day of reckoning for various reasons, on occasion, they seek to enforce their right to a speedy trial," former U.S. Attorney Barb McQuade told Salon. "Some want to clear their name and move on. Others hope to catch the prosecution flatfooted and unprepared for trial."
Fani has had this case in front of grand juries forever. Hard to imagine her flatfooted.
... Former U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance wrote that Chesebro "thought he was calling Willis' bluff on her readiness to go to trial."

"He was not. Willis is not here to play," she added.

Ultimately, the final decision on timing lies in the hands of Fulton Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee, who was assigned to the case randomly just last week.
Hard to read much into that. Kemp has been solid on the 2020 election, but he is a RepuQ. Back to the article:
... "His demand now forces the trial in this case to take place before the end of this calendar year – for all defendants, unless one or more other defendants can succeed in a 'motion to sever.'"

Former President Donald Trump's attorney immediately moved to sever his case after Willis' filing on Thursday.

There could be a strategic advantage for other defendants Timmons pointed out. Chesebro could be tried on his own or with a couple of other defendants, and everyone else is "severed out." ...
Sooner is better, IMO. GoFaniGo. Lock them up.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Judge denies bond to only Trump co-defendant being held in Georgia jail

I don't have much sympathy for any MAGAts, especially the former leader of astroturf Black Voices for Trump, and the judge somewhat explains her rationale, but I can't help noticing that it's the sole Black defendant out of 19 who can't afford counsel, who isn't getting monetary support from P01135809, etc and who now lingers in jail.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Prime candidate for rolling quickly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:14 pm
Prime candidate for rolling quickly.
Yep, I wondered about that after I saw the headline and even before I saw his pic. The article doesn't exactly say that Willis pushed for bail denial, but we can guess that she's seizing every edge she can get.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

There's got to be a lot of pressure on these people - not just the legal peril, but the personal cost of staying in. Sure Trump can drag and file motion after worthless motion, but most of those others can't afford that, and don't have a PAC paying their bills. I'm all for making all their lives as miserable as possible, offset by dropping most charges and an attractive plea deal.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:44 pm
There's got to be a lot of pressure on these people - not just the legal peril, but the personal cost of staying in. Sure Trump can drag and file motion after worthless motion, but most of those others can't afford that, and don't have a PAC paying their bills. I'm all for making all their lives as miserable as possible, offset by dropping most charges and an attractive plea deal.
Not counting their prior MAGA activities this has largely been their lives for nearly 3 years now and will be their lives for months and years into the future. What a waste. Some would have done different cruddy things, but some may have made a positive contribution, instead.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Someone is not having a good week. :laughing-rolling:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:22 pm

https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/stat ... 4950944868
Pretty dumb to fail like that when he knows the cameras are on him. I wondered why he's holding a presser and why anyone cares:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Navarro
... After Joe Biden won the 2020 election and Donald Trump refused to concede, Navarro advanced conspiracy theories of election fraud and in February 2022 was subpoenaed to testify before the House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack. Navarro refused to comply, asserting executive privilege, and was referred to the Justice Department; a grand jury indicted him on two counts of contempt of Congress on June 2, 2022; he pleaded not guilty two weeks later. His trial was set for September 5, 2023.
Lock him up!

Stupid Trumpettes, along with P01135809, continually insist on proving how stupid they are:

'Just Confessed': Law Experts Say John Eastman's Fox Interview Was A Very Bad Call
Legal commentators suggested the former Trump attorney incriminated himself on TV.

Semipro political tip:
If you're such a stupid RWer that even Laura Ingraham is openly calling you stupid, you really are stupid.

Ha, I hadn't scrolled down yet. Great minds . . .
Renato Mariotti
(Former federal prosecutor. Legal analyst for TV and print. Host, #ItsComplicated podcast. Columnist, @POLITICOMag. Partner @BCLPlaw.)

When you’ve lost Laura Ingraham …
Sara Spector
(Political and Legal pundit. Midland Texas Criminal Defense Attorney.)

Dear Mr. Eastman,
Pressuring Mike Pence to delay the peaceful transfer of power based on a fringe legal theory you concocted in your head is exactly what you are indicted for in Georgia. Thanks for your confession on national tv.
“How exactly were you going to pull off your coup?”

“Here was my exact plan to pull it off.”
John Eastman, on trial for trying to impede the certification of presidential electors, admits on Fox that he explicitly wanted to impede the certification of presidential electors.
Are TV interviews admissable at trial?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:30 pm

Are TV interviews admissable at trial?
Oh yes. It'll be fun to see him try to lie/backpedal his way out of this one.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:

Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro found guilty for defying Jan. 6 committee subpoena

Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro was found guilty Thursday of two counts of criminal contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena from the House committee charged with investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

A federal jury deliberated for less than four hours before issuing its verdict. Navarro, 74, joins Steve Bannon as the second former Trump official to be prosecuted for not cooperating with the select committee....

In response to the subpoena, Navarro argued he was immune from testimony because he was shielded by executive privilege through former President Trump.

That line of defense was dismissed, however, ahead of Navarro's trial in a ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta. With his conviction, Navarro now faces up to one year in prison and a fine of up to $100,000 for each charge.
Harvard PhD Navarro is a rotten economist and campaign advisor, and even worse lawyer.
... In seeking Navarro's cooperation, the Jan. 6 committee said his own book detailed how he was involved in efforts to delay Congress's certification of Joe Biden's win in the 2020 election, as well as overturn the results.
Opps.

Trump Ally Peter Navarro 'Willing to Go to Prison' to Fight Conviction

Isn't that just fine? In my role as a representative for the American people I say that we are more than willing to send Petey to prison. I appreciate his patriotic volunteerism.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:30 am
GoCubsGo wrote:

Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro found guilty for defying Jan. 6 committee subpoena

Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro was found guilty Thursday of two counts of criminal contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena from the House committee charged with investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

A federal jury deliberated for less than four hours before issuing its verdict. Navarro, 74, joins Steve Bannon as the second former Trump official to be prosecuted for not cooperating with the select committee....

In response to the subpoena, Navarro argued he was immune from testimony because he was shielded by executive privilege through former President Trump.

That line of defense was dismissed, however, ahead of Navarro's trial in a ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta. With his conviction, Navarro now faces up to one year in prison and a fine of up to $100,000 for each charge.
Harvard PhD Navarro is a rotten economist and campaign advisor, and even worse lawyer.
... In seeking Navarro's cooperation, the Jan. 6 committee said his own book detailed how he was involved in efforts to delay Congress's certification of Joe Biden's win in the 2020 election, as well as overturn the results.
Opps.

Trump Ally Peter Navarro 'Willing to Go to Prison' to Fight Conviction

Isn't that just fine? In my role as a representative for the American people I say that we are more than willing to send Petey to prison. I appreciate his patriotic volunteerism.
:roll: