Joe sucks too

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Joe sucks too

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://newrepublic.com/post/176090/sta ... -palestine

We support Israel only.

“Why Are Biden Officials Deleting Tweets Calling for Israeli Restraint?“
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Joe sucks too

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:47 pm
https://newrepublic.com/post/176090/sta ... -palestine

We support Israel only.

“Why Are Biden Officials Deleting Tweets Calling for Israeli Restraint?“
October 9, 2023, 2 days after the Hamas assault. What is Joe doing now?

That said, IMO the additional weapons shipments also suck.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Joe sucks too (where I where to drop this)

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.thenation.com/article/socie ... term=daily

“An “urgent” open letter issued last Thursday by the ADL—which, lest we forget, promotes itself as one of America’s leading defenders of civil rights—and the Louis Brandeis Center for Human Rights Under Law urged college and university administrators to “immediately investigate” their campus chapters of Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) for “potential violations of the prohibition against materially supporting a foreign terrorist organization.” They claim to have sent the letter to nearly 200 schools.

The ADL provided not a shred of evidence for that incendiary, potentially life-ruining accusation.”

“It’s not every day that ostensible civil rights organizations call for the mass violation of Palestinian students’ civil rights. But, says Maya Berry, executive director of the Arab-American Institute, “the bottom line has been that the ADL has decided to prioritize its pro-Israel work at the expense of any contribution it’s made in the civil rights space for some time now. From redefining anti-Semitism as anti-Zionism in May 2022 to weaponizing the charge of material support now and the policies of the ‘War on Terror’ against students they disagree with, it’s an extraordinary leap, and one that’s harmed my community for decades, before 9/11 and after.”‘

I’ll drop it here because…

“On Monday, the Biden administration announced a move that pushes law enforcement including the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security, deeper onto college campuses in the name of combating anti-Semitism—a move with the potential to implement the ADL’s initiative.“
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Joe sucks too

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Looks to me like just another instance of false equivalence where ADL is conflating support for Palestinians as the same as support for Hamas. In the same way, support for Palestinians does not in itself equate hate for Jews.