Nikki Heat

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nikki Heat

Unread post by Vrede too »

I'm still convinced that there's no way national GQP voters nominate a woman or a non-White. Still, she might flame out by March, but thanks to the spectacular Fascist DerSantis crash and burn, she is a newsmaker who possibly deserves her own thread. For example:

Nikki Haley, asked what caused the Civil War, leaves out slavery. It's not the first time

:roll: Revisionist slaver/traitor lover.
... South Carolina’s Ordinance of Secession — the 1860 proclamation by the state government outlining its reasons for seceding from the Union — mentions slavery in its opening sentence and points to the “increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery” as a reason for the state removing itself from the Union.
It's criminal that the former Governor is so ignorant of South Carolina history or is too cowardly to admit it.
On Wednesday night, Christale Spain — elected this year as the first Black woman to chair South Carolina’s Democratic Party — said Haley’s response was “vile, but unsurprising.”

“The same person who refused to take down the Confederate Flag until the tragedy in Charleston, and tried to justify a Confederate History Month," Spain said in a post on X, of Haley. “She’s just as MAGA as Trump,” Spain added, referring to Trump's ”Make America Great Again" slogan.

Jaime Harrison, current chairman of the Democratic National Committee and South Carolina's party chairman during part of Haley's tenure as governor, said her response was “not stunning if you were a Black resident in SC when she was Governor."

“Same person who said the confederate flag was about tradition & heritage and as a minority woman she was the right person to defend keeping it on state house grounds,” Harrison posted Wednesday night on X. “Some may have forgotten but I haven’t. Time to take off the rose colored Nikki Haley glasses folks.”
:---P

Meanwhile, White supremacists are cheering in approval of Nikki.

4 words:

:---P :---P :---P :---P
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Re: Nikki Heat

Unread post by bannination »

All republicans have to do to end her run is call her by her given name: Nimarata Nikki Randhawa

After all they thought calling Obama "Barack Hussein Obama" was just the most horrible thing.

I do wonder if they want to kill her run though. If they want Trump, best to keep that in the back pocket until they're ready to get rid of her.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:03 am
I'm still convinced that there's no way national GQP voters nominate a woman or a non-White.
I agree with that, but then, hard core right wingers in SC did elect her governor. I don't remember her competition, but she did win. I'd say if she did get the nomination, though, she'd probably win the election. She'd be on her good behaviour, with just enough dog whistles to keep the rubes happy. She'd get the nose-held vote of the solid repugs, she'd get quite a few votes from women, some of whom probably voted for Hillary, and she'd get votes from people who like having a woman in the office but couldn't stand Hillary. She'd get young people, and of course the Biden haters that might not have been able to stomach voting for Trump.

It's a long campaign, though, with lots of events to occur. And she really is light on national election experience.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:14 am

It's a long campaign, though, with lots of events to occur. And she really is light on national election experience.
LOL
Not the first time she's stepped in it, probably won't be the last.

Pols have very strong flight instincts, the more experienced ones can effectively cherry pick the times to fight.

To date, her instincts have failed her.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

bannination wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:13 am
All republicans have to do to end her run is call her by her given name: Nimarata Nikki Randhawa

After all they thought calling Obama "Barack Hussein Obama" was just the most horrible thing.

I do wonder if they want to kill her run though. If they want Trump, best to keep that in the back pocket until they're ready to get rid of her.
If she becomes a real threat to trump, he's going to be the one to drop that bomb and it may very well be effective as his sickophants will happily pile on.

Imagine his "rallies" with him intentionally mispronouncing "Nimarata Nikki Randhawa".

"Who or what is that? Is she even American? " Birther Part II.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:13 am

Good points. Dolt .45 will never be able to remember and pronounce, might bo with something like 'Nimmi Nikki Randi'.

TRE45QN backed off attacking RepuQ opponents once Fascist DerSantis tripped over his creepy smile and the gap in the polls became so huge. ex-PINO's nomination is assured with the field being crowded for as long as possible.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:14 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:03 am
I'm still convinced that there's no way national GQP voters nominate a woman or a non-White.

I agree with that, but then, hard core right wingers in SC did elect her governor. I don't remember her competition, but she did win.

Local conditions can counteract usual tendencies. My feeling is that on a national level inherent RepuQ racism and misogyny will win out.

I'd say if she did get the nomination, though, she'd probably win the election. She'd be on her good behaviour, with just enough dog whistles to keep the rubes happy. She'd get the nose-held vote of the solid repugs, she'd get quite a few votes from women, some of whom probably voted for Hillary, and she'd get votes from people who like having a woman in the office but couldn't stand Hillary. She'd get young people, and of course the Biden haters that might not have been able to stomach voting for Trump.

I agree that she would be a strong candidate in the general, though she may be hampered by American sexism including consciously or unconsciously among some Dems and independents.

Governor and UN ambassador is a better resume' than many pols have.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:50 pm

Governor and UN ambassador is a better resume' than many pols have.
[/quote]

Yes, and state representative, too. And she did a better job in those positions than one might expect of a Republican who was accountant for her family business.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

That does it, I'm not voting for her.

(Rule of law means absolutely nothing to these people.)

Haley says she’d pardon Trump as president

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm pleased that America has reacted so strongly to Nikki Heat's moronic revisionism. I'm not making any predictions, but single incidents like this have stalled or even destroyed campaigns in the past. Has the questioner been IDed? He's a hero.

It's created opportunities for other RW pols to expand on the stupidity:

'Wrong side of history': GOP's Tom Cotton destroyed after blaming modern Dems for slavery

Sure, it's Arkansas, but how can anyone be so ignorant and still get elected to the Senate?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Nikki's fumbling badly and unnecessarily. Should said the Civil War was primarily over slavery, but she didn't and got bashed for it. Trying to explain it was lame, but trying to blame the question on a "Dem plant" was truly bush league. Shouldn't a person running for high office expect some heckling, some "gotcha" questions and some questions they might like to think a moment about before answering? Shouldn't Sarah Palin have been able to name at least one news source she reads? And why did Nikki have to step on the third rail of a Trump pardon? Seems a better answer would be to say Trump hasn't been convicted of anything yet, but if he is and she is President she would consider the facts and circumstances and make a decision at the time in the best interest of the country.

But yeah, minor errors have crashed the campaigns of lots of candidates not named Trump, and I'm guessing Nikki's not finished stepping on her own tail.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

That's the problem with being a panderer.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:22 pm
But a skilled panderer will say things to make everyone think s/he's with them without actually saying anything. If she had responded to the Trump pardon issue with something like my suggestion, she'd have offended few and kept both the Trumpers and anti-Trumpers with some reasonable hope for getting most of what they want. It'll be much more difficult for her to back down from the Trump pardon now, and she's lost a lot of anti-Trumpers who might have voted for her just as as a Trump alternative.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:33 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
But a skilled panderer will say things to make everyone think s/he's with them without actually saying anything. If she had responded to the Trump pardon issue with something like my suggestion, she'd have offended few and kept both the Trumpers and anti-Trumpers with some reasonable hope for getting most of what they want. It'll be much more difficult for her to back down from the Trump pardon now, and she's lost a lot of anti-Trumpers who might have voted for her just as as a Trump alternative.
The problem with pandering.

While obvious to you and me that the your response is perfectly reasonable, it's disqualifying for a lot of trumpaloons if she actually wants to win the primary because she will need their votes.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Aha, you are Chris Christie!
Chris Christie Says This Is The Real Reason Behind Nikki Haley’s Civil War Response
The GOP presidential contender said it "should make everybody concerned about her candidacy."

... “She’s smart and she knows better. And she didn’t say it because she’s a racist, because she’s not. I know her well and I don’t believe Nikki has a racist bone in her body,” the former New Jersey governor said at a town hall event in Epping, New Hampshire.

“The reason she did it is just as bad, if not worse, and should make everybody concerned about her candidacy,” he continued. “She did it because she’s unwilling to offend anyone by telling the truth.”

Christie suggested the incident demonstrates that Haley lacks backbone to lead the country and stand up against tough foreign leaders, Democrats, and certain divisive Republicans, accusing her of being “afraid to say that Donald Trump is unfit because she’s afraid of offending people who support Donald Trump.” ...

She's also waffling on the TRE45QN VP question:

Nikki Haley Hit With Brutal Question From Voter After 'Last Night's Slavery Thing'
The GOP presidential hopeful was offered "a chance to redeem yourself" at a New Hampshire town hall.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:08 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Aha, you are Chris Christie!
Chris Christie Says This Is The Real Reason Behind Nikki Haley’s Civil War Response
The GOP presidential contender said it "should make everybody concerned about her candidacy."

... “She’s smart and she knows better. And she didn’t say it because she’s a racist, because she’s not. I know her well and I don’t believe Nikki has a racist bone in her body,” the former New Jersey governor said at a town hall event in Epping, New Hampshire.

“The reason she did it is just as bad, if not worse, and should make everybody concerned about her candidacy,” he continued. “She did it because she’s unwilling to offend anyone by telling the truth.”

Christie suggested the incident demonstrates that Haley lacks backbone to lead the country and stand up against tough foreign leaders, Democrats, and certain divisive Republicans, accusing her of being “afraid to say that Donald Trump is unfit because she’s afraid of offending people who support Donald Trump.” ...

She's also waffling on the TRE45QN VP question:

Nikki Haley Hit With Brutal Question From Voter After 'Last Night's Slavery Thing'
The GOP presidential hopeful was offered "a chance to redeem yourself" at a New Hampshire town hall.
He's not wrong.

IF I HAD to vote for a Republican candidate he'd have my vote.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

In this day and age asking about civil war is a "brutal question". That's nuts.

Our media are a bunch of pussies. Granted also in this day and age they have to worry about losing access to stories altogether, so there you go.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:51 pm

He's not wrong.

IF I HAD to vote for a Republican candidate he'd have my vote.
Unthinkable a few months ago, and improbable now, but I could see it possible that Christy could be the nominee. DeSantis and Haley have been running to be there when Trump crashes, but they've pretty much trashed themselves - at least diminished their sparkle. Nobody know Veryswarmy and those who do don't like him. Christy could be the last man standing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

bannination wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:03 pm
In this day and age asking about civil war is a "brutal question". That's nuts.

Our media are a bunch of pussies. Granted also in this day and age they have to worry about losing access to stories altogether, so there you go.
I love the response that the questioner a democratic plant.

If she's so flummoxed by a simple question, how the heck is she going to survive the world stage?