Trump won't be on NV ballot because he didn't fill out application

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Trump won't be on NV ballot because he didn't fill out application

Unread post by bannination »

I don't have a link yet....

I still haven't stopped laughing...
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump won't be on NV ballot because he didn't fill out application

Unread post by Vrede too »

bannination wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:22 pm

I wasn't trying to bust you, I just wanted details.
... Our rating: False

Trump and other candidates will not be on the Nevada primary ballot because they instead opted to participate in the party-run GOP caucus. Any candidate who registers for the state-run presidential primary isn't eligible to participate in the party-run caucus, which is the only way to earn delegates at the Republican National Convention.

Trump, others opted to try to earn delegates through party-run caucus instead of state-run primary

While it's correct that Trump won’t appear on the Nevada primary ballot, it’s not because of an oversight by his campaign staff.

“Only candidates who filed for the Presidential Preference Primary will appear on the ballot,” Nevada Secretary of State’s Office spokesperson Cecilia Heston told USA TODAY. “Former President Trump did not file and is instead running in the party-run caucus. The state has no involvement in the caucus.”

Though both Republican and Democratic parties have held caucuses in Nevada for years, a law passed in 2021 requires Nevada to hold a state-run presidential primary if there is more than one candidate, ABC News reported.

The Nevada Republican Party opted to continue having a caucus, which its website says is the “only place” where Republican presidential candidates can earn delegates to the Republican National Convention in July. Trump and his fellow candidates, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and businessman Vivek Ramaswamy will exclusively appear on the caucus ballot. Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley was among the candidates who opted to participate in the state-run primary.

“Candidates that chose to appear on the state-run primary ballot did so knowing that decision meant they could not earn delegates by appearing on the caucus ballots,” the website says....
Did Nikki Heat screw up or was this a strategic decision? She won't get any NV delegates.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Re: Trump won't be on NV ballot because he didn't fill out application

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:32 pm
bannination wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:22 pm

I wasn't trying to bust you, I just wanted details.
... Our rating: False

Trump and other candidates will not be on the Nevada primary ballot because they instead opted to participate in the party-run GOP caucus. Any candidate who registers for the state-run presidential primary isn't eligible to participate in the party-run caucus, which is the only way to earn delegates at the Republican National Convention.

Trump, others opted to try to earn delegates through party-run caucus instead of state-run primary

While it's correct that Trump won’t appear on the Nevada primary ballot, it’s not because of an oversight by his campaign staff.

“Only candidates who filed for the Presidential Preference Primary will appear on the ballot,” Nevada Secretary of State’s Office spokesperson Cecilia Heston told USA TODAY. “Former President Trump did not file and is instead running in the party-run caucus. The state has no involvement in the caucus.”

Though both Republican and Democratic parties have held caucuses in Nevada for years, a law passed in 2021 requires Nevada to hold a state-run presidential primary if there is more than one candidate, ABC News reported.

The Nevada Republican Party opted to continue having a caucus, which its website says is the “only place” where Republican presidential candidates can earn delegates to the Republican National Convention in July. Trump and his fellow candidates, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and businessman Vivek Ramaswamy will exclusively appear on the caucus ballot. Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley was among the candidates who opted to participate in the state-run primary.

“Candidates that chose to appear on the state-run primary ballot did so knowing that decision meant they could not earn delegates by appearing on the caucus ballots,” the website says....
Did Nikki Heat screw up or was this a strategic decision? She won't get any NV delegates.
Fair, I should have spent more time researching instead of laughing... well maybe both... I mean it did sound like such a Trump thing to do.