Civil liberties thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Civil liberties thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:10 am
Notice that all the cities Trump is sending his gestapo to are not only generally Democratic, but are also on the edges of the country, within the 100 mile limit where border patrol storm troopers have some ummm "flexibility" in little irritants like 4th Amendment rights.
https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution ... order-zone

They don't actually have free rein, as Trump probably believes, but they do have some scary privileges. But except to the people who get roughed up and frightened during the show, it's just an action film photo shoot for Trump's pretend "law and order" initiative.

Amerikkka:

Portland protests: Federal agents swarm American-flag bearing demonstrator as clashes continue through night
Tear gas fired as 3,000 people take part in latest unrest

:x

:---P

Members of the "Portland Mom Brigade"

:lol:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Just what trump has been wishing for and fomenting the past few years.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:57 pm
Turns out that the shooting of 3 NFAC members was accidental by a probationary member. One bullet hit 3, or a full-auto gun? Think she's out? Still predictable, as is:

Garrett Foster Brought His Gun to Austin Protests. Then He Was Shot Dead.

Fucking Texas, at least 2 shooters. I personally would not be part of a demo where folks are visibly armed. Just not the message I'd want to be part of.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Officer challenges account of violent clearing of protesters

The U.S. Park Police began the violent clearing of protesters from Lafayette Square last month without apparent provocation or adequate warning to demonstrators, immediately after Attorney General William Barr spoke with Park Police leaders, according to an Army National Guard officer who was there.

The account of Army National Guard Maj. Adam DeMarco challenges key aspects of the Trump administration’s explanation for the clearing of the protest in front of the White House, just before President Donald Trump walked through the area to stage a photo event in front of a historic church....
The protestors and journalists were telling the truth from the start, surprise surprise.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:57 pm
Turns out that the shooting of 3 NFAC members was accidental by a probationary member. One bullet hit 3, or a full-auto gun? Think she's out? Still predictable, as is:

Garrett Foster Brought His Gun to Austin Protests. Then He Was Shot Dead.

Fucking Texas, at least 2 shooters. I personally would not be part of a demo where folks are visibly armed. Just not the message I'd want to be part of.
I would say that should put an end to the probationary period for the prospective member. Not to mention that the one bullet hitting three will only serve to revive the Kennedy assassination conspiracy. I don't think I can stand it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

The Jackboots are in NYC.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I came across this story about a white supremacist who was engaged in trying to stir up violence and rioting during a BLM protest in MN. With any luck, it will be educational for the cat fan who constantly whines about "liberals" starting riots and setting fires during these civil unrest situations. He totally rejects my numerous assertions that criminals will gladly take advantage of these type situations to commit crimes. I never even suggested it might be right wing nutjobs who incite this type of thing, but here you go.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnAgc1kgvLc

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:07 am
I came across this story about a white supremacist who was engaged in trying to stir up violence and rioting during a BLM protest in MN. With any luck, it will be educational for the cat fan who constantly whines about "liberals" starting riots and setting fires during these civil unrest situations. He totally rejects my numerous assertions that criminals will gladly take advantage of these type situations to commit crimes. I never even suggested it might be right wing nutjobs who incite this type of thing, but here you go.....
Article:

'Umbrella Man' who broke windows in initial (Minneapolis) George Floyd protests a white supremacist, police say
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:24 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:07 am
Article:

'Umbrella Man' who broke windows in initial (Minneapolis) George Floyd protests a white supremacist, police say
but it will continue to play over and over on some fox clip and in various republican ad montages as the violence you'll get with free for all Biden. Vote trump
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:44 pm
but it will continue to play over and over on some fox clip and in various republican ad montages as the violence you'll get with free for all Biden. Vote trump
Searching "minneapolis white supremacist", "minneapolis autozone" and "Umbrella Man" on Faux Noise returns nothing. :roll:

Mass arrest of (PEACEFUL) Black Lives Matter protesters in Omaha raises questions

:obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Here's the two sides of Faux News with regard to the issue of sending federal law enforcement agents in to establish law and order.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/daily-sh ... e9b0973892

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:43 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Searching "minneapolis white supremacist", "minneapolis autozone" and "Umbrella Man" on Faux Noise returns nothing. :roll:

Mass arrest of (PEACEFUL) Black Lives Matter protesters in Omaha raises questions

:obscene-birdiered:
I don't watch them anymore and you are probably right about actual bogus stories about this specific example of rightwing violence, but I bet that the footage of his actions have been used along with protest images.

Just watch the lead in montages of violence and property damages used by fox news before segments on the violent protests and also in rightwing "law and order" ads and you'll soon find this and other right wing violence shown as the "radical left" boogeyman.

It is pretty clear, after you take away the graffiti, that the violence has been mostly by leo and threats of violence promoted by russia. It will all go to help trump - as it did nixon.

Toss in a bunch of Nathan Sproul voter fraud and trump wins with historic numbers.

trump and Sproul are loving mail-in ballots. You can tell by the way they are so against them. trump is right, there is huge potential for fraud using mail in ballots.

And my usual obama sucks comment. Why the fuck didn't Obama do something about our fucked up systems.

Paper ballots counted by hand - what could be easier.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:15 am
I don't watch them anymore and you are probably right about actual bogus stories about this specific example of rightwing violence, but I bet that the footage of his actions have been used along with protest images....
Sorry if I was unclear. My point is that Faux Noise is not covering Umbrella Man's outing as being a white supremacist. Bastards.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Sorry if I was unclear. My point is that Faux Noise is not covering Umbrella Man's outing as being a white supremacist. Bastards.
Shocked! Shocked, I say.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

everybody clear?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:54 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:15 am
I don't watch them anymore and you are probably right about actual bogus stories about this specific example of rightwing violence, but I bet that the footage of his actions have been used along with protest images....
They've got him now, but no mention of white supremacy, he was just a hell's angel

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis- ... els-police

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:14 pm
They've got him now, but no mention of white supremacy, he was just a hell's angel

Thanks. I guess I can't bitch about Faux Noise being 1 day later than the article I linked. Idk if they also put this on TV.

Final paragraph of your link:
An investigation found that the man was also an associate of the Aryan Cowboy Brotherhood, a White supremacist prison and street gang based mainly in Minnesota and Kentucky. Several of its members were in Stillwater, in eastern Minnesota, late last month when a Muslim woman was confronted by a group of men wearing White supremacist garb.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:11 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:14 pm

Thanks. I guess I can't bitch about Faux Noise being 1 day later than the article I linked. Idk if they also put this on TV.

Final paragraph of your link:
An investigation found that the man was also an associate of the Aryan Cowboy Brotherhood, a White supremacist prison and street gang based mainly in Minnesota and Kentucky. Several of its members were in Stillwater, in eastern Minnesota, late last month when a Muslim woman was confronted by a group of men wearing White supremacist garb.
Yeah, so many ads that I thought I finished the article, but that's sort of the point.

Interesting too, when you click their link you get an oversized shot of George Floyd's face bigger than the Umbrella Man headline and a subheadline under the oversized face:
Gun violence soars in Minneapolis amid fallout from George Floyd's death

Fair and Balanced

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:00 am
... Interesting too, when you click their link you get an oversized shot of George Floyd's face bigger than the Umbrella Man headline and a subheadline under the oversized face:
Gun violence soars in Minneapolis amid fallout from George Floyd's death

Fair and Balanced
Assholes.

They tweeted, retweeted photo of a (snowflake) cop at a (Nutley, NJ) Black Lives Matter protest. Then came felonies.

:bs:
1312. ETTD.