Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Mad American »

Vrede wrote:
Mad American wrote:Whatever vrede. Your ignorance of the North Carolina concealed carry permitting process has been proven and yet you continue to dig yourself a hole. Ever stop to think that as it starts getting dark it might be time to put down the shovel?

Once again as always, your ignorance and inability to receive fact when presented make a stronger case for not allowing citizens into the process than I could ever hope to. No, thank YOU!!!
Once again, not that it ever sinks in with someone as thickheaded as Mad American, my knowledge of the North Carolina concealed carry permitting process is completely irrelevant.

You mean other than making an ass out of yourself by sending a letter to elected officials? All you had to do was answer the simple question but you didn't. You've made this bed...lay in it!

More likely, though, is that Mad American does understand this but having dug himself such a deep hole he's just too delicate, dishonest and cowardly to admit it.

Witness his repeat of the lie that I've said anything about "allowing citizens into the process". All I've said is that if they know who has permits they can report it to the state if they think they've found an error and the state will do all the investigating and decision making. The really insane thing is that Mad American actually believes he will convince anyone by misrepresenting what I've posted.

Misrepresenting eh? Lets review...
vrede wrote:3) Having the information remain public allows citizens to catch permit holders that may have fallen through the cracks and are not actually legally allowed to possess guns due to mental disease or criminal history.

All you gotta do is drop the cookie and your hand will come out of the jar...but you hang on...your lies are now becoming comical

Now, tell us again your delusion that government or healthcare data entry/reporting/compilation is 100% perfect and how citizens are incapable of assisting it, we all know you will. Or, run away again. Your ego is and always has been too fragile to admit even the obvious when you've screwed up.

Keep spinning vrede. You opened that big mouth in a letter to elected officials, decided to make it public, and have been proven to be ignorant on the subject matter of North Carolina concealed carry permits. The information is here for people to read I'll let them make their own decisions. Of course your faithful following will only find fault in my argument. That is to be expected, just as another of your taunting replies is as well.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Did anyone ever go over and confiscate our ex sheriff's guns? After all, he's been certified by the state to be less than sheriffable. We'll wait....
In general, the requirement for denial is commitment in a mental health facility or a judge's ruling of incompetence. Loony tunes like Davis can concealed carry legally, and the NRA is just fine with that. I suspect that Mad (ironic double meaning) American is okay with it, too.
Oh, I was under the impression that any medically certified and state sanctioned case of a mental health patient was to be denied the ability to own firearms. I had also assumed that would include the conceal carry aspect since it's more restrictive than the standard permit. Then again, I don't keep up with the local or state laws relative to guns. I just wanted them to take his guns because I figure it would piss him off.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Vrede wrote:Once again, Mad American inadvertently provides us with support for gun control by proving himself to be too idiotic to be trusted with a Super Soaker. Thanks.
Yep....that statement coming from someone who think that adding a few cosmetic accessories to this:

So that it eventually looks like this:

Somehow makes it a military style machine gun and it must be banned :wtf:

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Mad American wrote:
Vrede wrote:Once again, Mad American inadvertently provides us with support for gun control by proving himself to be too idiotic to be trusted with a Super Soaker. Thanks.
Yep....that statement coming from someone who think that adding a few cosmetic accessories to this:

. . . said no one, ever.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Mad American wrote:

So.. what you're saying is that there's very little difference between the two .. Then why have the "military style" at all.. . ??
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"Cosmetic"? Cosmetic might be a black synthetic stock instead of a wooden one. But changing operational aspects of a weapon can also change the way it is used, and subsequently the purpose(s) for which it is used. Take a generic 12 gauge shotgun, for example. It's fired from the shoulder, and can be used for sporting clays. Make a "cosmetic" change and replace the standard stock with a pistol grip to make a "cruiser" and you've got an entirely different weapon. Different way to fire it, different purposes to use it, easier to carry in a car or under your coat. Really good for clearing out a room; worthless for sporting clays.

O Really
Admiral

The cop in Atlanta did a good job. Period.
But the kid still got shot, didn't he? And if the shooter had in fact had a Newtown type weapon, the cop probably would have been shot too. The main reason more kids weren't shot seems to be that the shooter was after a specific kid, not just any kids or teachers.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Boatrocker wrote: . . . said no one, ever.
Might want to look up Dianne Feinstein and her legislation before making incorrect statements.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Crock Hunter wrote: So.. what you're saying is that there's very little difference between the two .. Then why have the "military style" at all.. . ??
What I am saying is that there is NO difference between the two...only appearance. It isn't "military style" it only looks like it. So I can ask you the same why put mag wheels on a car? Why put lift kits on a pickup? Why do women put on makeup and jewelry?

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

O Really wrote:"Cosmetic"? Cosmetic might be a black synthetic stock instead of a wooden one. But changing operational aspects of a weapon can also change the way it is used, and subsequently the purpose(s) for which it is used. Take a generic 12 gauge shotgun, for example. It's fired from the shoulder, and can be used for sporting clays. Make a "cosmetic" change and replace the standard stock with a pistol grip to make a "cruiser" and you've got an entirely different weapon. Different way to fire it, different purposes to use it, easier to carry in a car or under your coat. Really good for clearing out a room; worthless for sporting clays.
Nothing in the photos changed any of the operational aspects of the weapon. It is the same semi-automatic 22 LR. Likewise, there are very few "cosmetic" additions available for sporting shotguns. I can only think of one model that offers an after market pistol grip and it is a shotgun that is listed as "personal defense". And before you starting pointing and saying see see I told you...it is a pump action 5 shot tubular magazine so it can not accept more than five rounds and each must be loaded individually.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Vrede wrote:Mad American's "rouge"
Already illegal modification
Mad American's "eye liner"

Already illegal under current law

Don't mess with this drag queen.
Poor vrede. Once again he has proven his ignorance on firearms and current firearms law! :clap:
Last edited by Mad American on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Vrede wrote:Mad American's "rouge"

Already illegal modification

Mad American's "eye liner"

Already illegal under current law

Don't mess with this drag queen.
Poor vrede. Once again he has proven his ignorance on firearms and current firearms law! :clap:

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Vrede wrote: I have never stated what I think new legislation should look like, have not called any rifle a "machine gun", and certainly have not posted which accessories should be restricted or not other than agreeing that high-capacity clips (which are not "cosmetic" - another Mad American lie) are for the weak, wingnutty and frightened.
When magazine changes can be accomplished in less than one second a high capacity magazine is in fact cosmetic and has little to no bearing on the operation or effectiveness of a weapon.

Are you also now saying that you do NOT support the Feinstein ban legislation?? Be clear now...don't want you to get any more confused than you already are in all your spinning.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Vrede wrote:Poor Mad American, too stupid to get the point. he even enhanced my mirth by posting the same exact stupid twice!

I didn't say anything about their legality. Rather I was making fun of your definition of "cosmetic". The first link was elaborating on O Really's discussion of shotguns, while the second was specific to your dumb claim that high-capacity magazines are merely "cosmetic".

Once again, Mad American has proven his comprehension ignorance. The way he jumps to erroneous conclusions without being smart enough to ask questions first it's a wonder that there's not a trail of innocent victims in his wake.

P.S. I knew you'd do exactly this, that's why I chose those links rather than other ones. Thanks for playing!
If you are stupid enough to think that posting links to already illegal firearms proves your point, that after legal aftermarket accessories are applied to legal guns they increase the effectiveness or operation of the weapon and then the weapon should be banned then so be it..... and you are truly beyond help but it is great fun watching you prove yourself a blathering idiot on the subject of guns over and over. Please continue. :lol:

O Really
Admiral

Mad American wrote:
Nothing in the photos changed any of the operational aspects of the weapon. It is the same semi-automatic 22 LR.
You're seriously saying (following your statement and logic) that the only reason people buy the Newtown model instead of the wood stock model is because the Newtown model looks cool? There's probably some of that, but I doubt that's the only difference.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Vrede wrote:
Mad American wrote:When magazine changes can be accomplished in less than one second a high capacity magazine is in fact cosmetic and has little to no bearing on the operation or effectiveness of a weapon.

So, you're saying that they have no legitimate purpose and would thus be fine with them being banned, right? Careful, we all know how you trip over your "logic".

Sure..ban them. I just wonder what is going to happen when a shooter arrives with three 10 round clips and does just as much damage as he would with a 30 round. What are you liberals gonna scream about then?

Are you also now saying that you do NOT support the Feinstein ban legislation??

I haven't read it and haven't ever posted whether I support it. I'll leave the details up to gun and security experts and epidemiologists more knowledegable than me. Then, I'll watch as the government ignores the will of the majority and enacts a law, if it enacts any law at all, too weak to have significant effect.

Typical dodge...I expected no less.

Vrede also wrote in another thread:
vrede wrote:Liar, as usual. Scopes, pistol grips, tripods, and high-capacity magazines all affect the operational effectiveness of the weapon.
Idiot on the subject, as usual. Scopes, pistol grips, tripods and high capacity magazines do nothing to change the operational ASPECT of the firearm. It still fires one round, for one pull of the trigger and none of the mechanically operating parts are changed in any way. In addition the after market accessories do not increase the effectiveness of the weapon either. Ballistic energy, muzzle velocity, a maximum range are not affected by any add on.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

O Really wrote:
Mad American wrote:
Nothing in the photos changed any of the operational aspects of the weapon. It is the same semi-automatic 22 LR.
You're seriously saying (following your statement and logic) that the only reason people buy the Newtown model instead of the wood stock model is because the Newtown model looks cool? There's probably some of that, but I doubt that's the only difference.
That actually is one of the AR's selling points. However, I have outlined in several other places the benefits of the AR platform and why it has become one of the most popular sporting arms on the market today.

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Mad American wrote:
O Really wrote:
Mad American wrote:
That actually is one of the AR's selling points. However, I have outlined in several other places the benefits of the AR platform and why it has become one of the most popular sporting arms on the market today.
Yeah, it can be outfitted to kill 20 plus people.
Great marketing gimmick.

And, it looks cool. Image

O Really
Admiral

Mad American wrote:
O Really wrote:
Mad American wrote:
Lighter, smaller, more accurate, easier to conceal, higher shell capacity, easy to accessorize...and as a bonus, looks like a really badass weapon. "Cosmetic" changes. Right.

O Really
Admiral

Hey, Mad - a lot of ads for the Newtown/AR-15 type rifle refers to it as "tactical." Since it's only a cosmetic enhancement of the Ruger 10/22, but sells for more than twice as much - maybe three times as much - are you sure it's just because people think it has a cool look to it? And what does "tactical" in the ads mean?