Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Whack9 »

Oh noooo

Another:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/18/us/woman ... index.html

A 20-year-old woman was shot and killed Saturday after she and three others accidentally turned into the wrong driveway while looking for a friend’s house in rural upstate New York, authorities said.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:30 am
Oh noooo

Another:

A 20-year-old woman was shot and killed Saturday after she and three others accidentally turned into the wrong driveway while looking for a friend’s house in rural upstate New York, authorities said.
He was skeered.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"Good guy" with a gun perteking his fambly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:30 am
Oh noooo

Another:

Y'all beat me to it.
... The man, 65-year-old Kevin Monahan, has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with her death, Murphy said Monday....
Good, even more severe charge than the KC asshole.

Old
White
Ammosexual
Rural
97.18% White Hebron
GQP Washington County

MAGA?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:58 pm
He ain't gonna be anyone's bitch in prison.

:o :thumbup: :puke-left:
White man claims he shot a Black teen who mistakenly rang his doorbell because he was 'scared': report

... Andrew Lester, 84, has been charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action after he allegedly shot Ralph Yarl in front of his home last week, Clay County prosecutor Zachary Thompson said during a press conference on Monday.

Yarl, a 16-year-old high schooler, had intended to pick up his brothers on the evening of April 13, but went to the wrong address and rang the doorbell twice, Thompson said

Lester told police officers that he was in bed when he heard his doorbell ring and grabbed a handgun before answering, adding that he was "scared to death" by Yarl's size, CNN reported, citing a probable cause statement.

"He stated he believed someone was attempting to break into the house, and shot twice (through an exterior storm door) within a few seconds of opening the (main) door," the statement, written by police officers, said, according to CNN.
People attempting to break in ring the doorbell? :headscratch:
... Yarl was shot twice, with bullets striking him in the left forehead and right arm, the probable cause statement said....

After three nights in the hospital, the 16-year-old has been brought home and "continues to improve," his father, Paul Yarl, told The Kansas City Star. Yarl's mother, who is a nurse, has taken time off work to tend to her son, he added....
:happy-cheerleaderkid: Phew.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:09 am

Yeah, his victim died - the KC kid didn't.
We've mentioned it before about what a miserable life somebody must have to be so frightened that they think they have to go armed to the local grocery. Imagine this guy's mind that he shoots at a car in his driveway with no effort whatsoever to even find out who it is.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:25 am
Vrede too wrote:

Idk why the KC asshole wasn't charged with attempted murder, even if it's a ploy to get a plea to first-degree assault and armed criminal action.
We've mentioned it before about what a miserable life somebody must have to be so frightened that they think they have to go armed to the local grocery. Imagine this guy's mind that he shoots at a car in his driveway with no effort whatsoever to even find out who it is.
Yep.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:36 am

Idk why the KC asshole wasn't charged with attempted murder, even if it's a ploy to get a plea to first-degree assault and armed criminal action.
Apparently Missouri doesn't have an attempted murder charge per se. Whatever he was charged with is the equivalent.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:47 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:36 am

Apparently Missouri doesn't have an attempted murder charge per se. Whatever he was charged with is the equivalent.
Ah, thanks.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mixed report:
'He didn't deserve to get shot': Good Samaritan who helped Ralph Yarl found him bloody and motionless

Ralph Paul Yarl, the Black teenager who was shot by a homeowner after having rung the wrong doorbell, was motionless and covered in blood when James Lynch found him unconscious.

"I thought he was dead," Lynch said Monday.

“No one deserves to lay there like that,” Lynch said. “He hasn’t even begun to live his life yet. He didn’t deserve to get shot.”

... "I heard somebody screaming, 'Help, help, I've been shot!'" Lynch said, adding the shouting was out of place for the normally quiet neighborhood.

Lynch, a father of three, said he ran outside, jumped his fence and sprinted through a neighbor’s yard and across the street to another neighbor's driveway to get to Yarl....

Lynch's old Eagle Scout training kicked in when Yarl suddenly came to. Lynch told him, "I'm going to grab your hand really tight." He checked Yarl's wrist for a pulse before he asked him his name and age and where he went to school.

Yarl struggled to respond before he spelled his name. Another neighbor came over with towels to help stem the bleeding, and she and Lynch waited with Yarl until paramedics arrived....
:clap: :-||

... (family attorney Lee) Merritt said the shot to Yarl's head left him with a critical, traumatic brain injury.
Not a surprise, but crap.
He was also shot in the upper arm, the attorneys said.

Faith Spoonmore, his aunt, said on a fundraising page that Yarl had gone to at least three homes before he received help.
Fie on them.
... Reflecting on Thursday night, Lynch said he doesn’t consider himself a hero.

“I didn’t do anything but hold a kid’s hand so he wouldn’t feel alone. He had just gotten shot twice; he had a hole in the side of his head,” Lynch said. “That kid is tougher than I am.”
:cry: :thumbup:

A lot of commenters are saying, in effect, 'If you're that skeered don't open the fucking door!" Makes sense to me.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I can't imagine growing up black.

My, liberal for their time and place, parents (mostly Dad) taught us to respect black people and to understand the harm caused by hatred and racism.

I lost to a great degree any racism gained from my childhood in rural Tennessee and Alabama youth while sitting in the parking lot of Auburn's Texaco station imaging my own embarrassment and humiliation at seeing my own father being told, when our family stopped for a fill-up and bathroom break, that we all had to use the single dirty bathroom round back labeled "Colored" instead of the ones labeled for Men and Women.
It was a true epiphany moment that brought about a forever change in me.
Thanks Texaco, your racism helped me. Oh, and fuck you for being so racist.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

I think this whole thing would have been better if it had been the Publisher's Clearinghouse people driving in to tell him he'd just won that $5,000 a week for life prize. Opps!

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:55 am

My, liberal for their time and place, parents (mostly Dad) taught us to respect black people and to understand the harm caused by hatred and racism.

I lost to a great degree any racism gained from my childhood in rural Tennessee and Alabama youth while sitting in the parking lot of Auburn's Texaco station imaging my own embarrassment and humiliation at seeing my own father being told, when our family stopped for a fill-up and bathroom break, that we all had to use the single dirty bathroom round back labeled "Colored" instead of the ones labeled for Men and Women.
Good insight - it's a shame so many people could go use the white peoples' facility and not give a thought to or relate to the inhumanity right in front of them.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:55 am
O Really wrote:
I think this whole thing would have been better if it had been the Publisher's Clearinghouse people driving in to tell him he'd just won that $5,000 a week for life prize. Opps!
:D Karma.

Being a cheerleader doesn't help. :wtf:

Two Texas cheerleaders shot after getting into wrong car

One got in the wrong car, got out when she realized her mistake. Dude shot up the carload of teens. One grazed, one critical.
:angry-banghead: Fuckin' gunhuggers.

Prediction: Even shot cheerleaders won't get Texas law changed.
(yeah, I know that it's an easy one)

They've arrested 3 in Dadeville, AL - 16, 17 and 20 years old, all to be tried as adults. Their ammosexual lives are over, too.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:55 am

‘Fear and paranoia.’ Grandson says Andrew Lester bought into conspiracies, disinformation

A paranoid RWer, surprise surprise.

Good on the grandson for also blasting the authorities for releasing Lester and not charging him after he was first brought in. 1312.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This is pretty brilliant.

I started an LNF thread with it, bet it gets some traction.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q7nwxivOUo
:lol: :thumbup: Link?

Mark Bryant counts US shootings. He no longer remembers the names

:(
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:51 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q7nwxivOUo
:lol: :thumbup: Link?

Mark Bryant counts US shootings. He no longer remembers the names

:(
Oops.

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... uals-unite

This one's good too.

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... y-shooting

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Same old ammosexual :bs: :bs: , not counting the occasional whacky interjection:
runswithscissors wrote:I arm wrestle myself to a draw two or three nights a week. Gun on the table. Two on my belt. Two sawed off shotguns in cross configured back holsters, enabling me to reach over my shoulder with either hand and pull out a scatter gun. I have all this in case I ever lose to myself at arm wrestling but I don't really know what I'll actually do if I lose.
:thumbup:

5 and 4 pages are impressive. :clap:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I am more than reasonably concerned about my safety with idiots like Goofy trying to make gun laws.

What should I do?