Whole foods CEO caught lying about costs of "Romneycare"

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Whole foods CEO caught lying about costs of "Romneycare"

Unread post by bannination »

http://www.stableytimes.com/featured/wh ... nsues/943/

Mackey is the latest in a line of wealthy republican CEOs who have attempted to harm the President by making false claims regarding ObamaCare, which simply requires corporations of a certain size to allow all of its full time employees to pay for health care coverage, and does not involve any financial impact on the corporations themselves.

Dryer Vent
Pilot Officer

Re: Whole foods CEO caught lying about costs of "Romneycare"

Unread post by Dryer Vent »

Whole Foods just lost my business. Moron. If you are going to take a stand, at least be honest about it.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

WTF?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

bannination
Captain

Boatrocker wrote:Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

WTF?
Yep sorry, just try as Vrede said. It's something that's done host wide to prevent generic spam. (We're hosting on shared hosting.)

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

I did a google search and tried to open the link from there in a separate browser window- still no joy. Site may be crashed, or somethin.'
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

bannination
Captain

Boatrocker wrote:I did a google search and tried to open the link from there in a separate browser window- still no joy. Site may be crashed, or somethin.'
Oh ok, different problem, yep, that site is down, probably overloaded, very popular story.

bannination
Captain

Here's a cached page:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... s%2F943%2F

Article since it's currently not available:
Spoiler:
Whole Foods CEO John Mackey outed himself as a radically anti-Obama conservative during an interview with NPR on Wednesday, equating ObamaCare with “fascism” as he attempted to falsely claim that the upcoming health care reform package will cost his corporation money. Mackey is the latest in a line of wealthy republican CEOs who have attempted to harm the President by making false claims regarding ObamaCare, which simply requires corporations of a certain size to allow all of its full time employees to pay for health care coverage, and does not involve any financial impact on the corporations themselves. Last year “Papa John” Schnatter attempted to influence the Presidential election by falsely claiming that ObamaCare would force him to raise the price of his pizzas by eleven cents; that claim was subsequently exposed as false by CNN. Various groups have since boycotted the pizza chain. Mackey may have created an even bigger mess for himself, as Whole Foods customers often tend to be health conscious liberals who may be particularly quick to abandon the grocery chain…

Mackey is now attempting to backtrack from his false claims, not by admitting that he lied, but instead by claiming he merely used the wrong word. In a post to the Whole Foods website, he stated that “The term fascism today stirs up too much negative emotion with its horrific associations in the 20th century.” He then goes on to rather bizarrely claim that he wants all Americans to have access to health care, he just happens to be against ObamaCare, which has often been the standard line from republicans whose only real gripe with ObamaCare is the fact that Obama’s name is on it. During the 2012 election between Obama and republican challenger Mitt Romney, it came to light that “ObamaCare” is actually based almost entirely on the republican health care reform previously implemented by Romney while he was governor of Massachusetts…

Rather than offering any evidence of his claim that ObamaCare will cost Whole Foods actual money, or admitting that he’d been caught lying for political reasons, Mackey instead concluded by saying that he needs “a new word” in place of fascism as he continues to make his dishonest claims about ObamaCare going forward. Perhaps the word he’s looking for is “resignation.” The admitted conservative libertarian appears to be the fundamentally wrong choice to run a progressive grocery market which makes its money by selling food to customers which it claims is in the name of caring about their health. This is not the first time Mackey’s extremist political views have caused problems for the Whole Foods chain. In the past he has stated that Americans do not have an intrinsic right to health care, which led to an earlier boycott. Perhaps humorously, the Tea Party has waged campaigns in favor of Whole Foods, in celebration of the chain’s belief that health care is not a right.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Mackey may have created an even bigger mess for himself, as Whole Foods customers often tend to be health conscious liberals who may be particularly quick to abandon the grocery chain…
Don't shop there much- too expensive and hoity-toity for me- but you would think the CEO should know his customers a little better than Mackey seems to. He comes across as surprised that they don't care to have him piss in their faces. Does anyone really imagine that the grease, sugar and everything-fried crowd does much victual buying in there? I don't think so.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Dryer Vent
Pilot Officer

Unread post by Dryer Vent »

Boatrocker wrote:
Mackey may have created an even bigger mess for himself, as Whole Foods customers often tend to be health conscious liberals who may be particularly quick to abandon the grocery chain…
Don't shop there much- too expensive and hoity-toity for me- but you would think the CEO should know his customers a little better than Mackey seems to. He comes across as surprised that they don't care to have him piss in their faces. Does anyone really imagine that the grease, sugar and everything-fried crowd does much victual buying in there? I don't think so.
Amen. Everyone I know who shops at Whole Foods - or should I say Used to shop at Whole Foods - are liberal tree hugging Obama supporters. No one else can afford the place. He made a big mistake crapping on his customer base.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Dryer Vent wrote:Amen. Everyone I know who shops at Whole Foods - or should I say Used to shop at Whole Foods - are liberal tree hugging Obama supporters. No one else can afford the place. He made a big mistake crapping on his customer base.
You need to clean your vent. It's clogged up.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

The Whole Foods dude came under fire when "Obamacare" was in the early discussion stage.
Don't care for the chain; I'll trust our local co-op and my own ability to shop smartly at Ingles before I'll trust a corporation that cares more about lobsters than people.
Se Non Ora, Quando?