Should this forum change?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Re: Should this forum change?

Unread post by bannination »

This is good, you guys are saying what I though mostly myself.

Thanks for the input. I no longer feel like I should be doing something that I'm not. (Other than trying get some newbs in here.)

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:Yes, I get how embarrassing it's been for you to have been proven factually incorrect so often, DooHickey. For example: http://blueridgedebate.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 5&start=50. No wonder you feel so oppressed.

Or, let's take the case of Colonel Taylor, who you are inaccurately defending. He screeched for months on this forum about people using multiple aliases on the wet nurse forum. He then left the very moment that it was thrown back in his face by proving that he had used multiple aliases on this forum without a wet nurse.

Yep, Colonel Taylor couldn't handle his own hypocrisy. That's why he left.

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

Unread post by DooHickey »

O Really wrote:I don't have an answer, but I think enlarging our participation base (no matter the viewpoint) would take care of most of the problem.
Boatrocker wrote:But since most forums with rigid moderation will eventually devolve into a greek chorus of like-minded folk stroking each other with identical opinions and beliefs, that gets old pretty quick, too.
You only way I see you'll enlarge your participation is to invite your friends etc. to join. Inasmuch as you all most likely hang out with like-minded individuals, Boatrocker's thoughts will be realized; then you'll be back to square one.

What you're saying here is that you hope you can sucker more people of differing opinions; well that won't last either, because you all will have them run off before the year's end. What you're really saying is that you're tired of each other's "uh-huh, that's right, yep, I agree, I know what you mean.......etc", and you're hoping some gullible conservative will happen by so that you can have someone to run into the ground.

Y'all go on and have fun playing with each other; you deserve each other and each other's boorish boredom. At least Homie provides some spark :? to your boring potpourri of nothingness that even yourselves are getting bored with.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not everyone with differing opinions from mine gets trashed. I disagreed with practically every opinion Ron2008 had but I respected his viewpoint. The 'dawg was hardly a "lib" and I enjoyed discussion with him. I enjoy the doc, and respect his views whether or not we're on the same side of the political fence. And, unlike some whose names will be unmentioned, the doc and the 'dawg can discuss non-political topics without hauling in some cookie-cutter ideology.

On the other hand, some of the dearly departed never offered anything to start with other than Honey Boo Boo level entertainment. For example, mdispo, though surely a very bright guy IRL, simply came up with something outrageous anti-Obama, posted it, and left - usually. The colonel, formerly the detective, was entertaining but contributed little compared to the number of his Vrede-obsessed postings or arguments over things like whether Mexican laborers are poor. Reality, AKA Big Ugly, probably could have - had he chosen - held up an end of a decent conversation but instead he usually chose to simply snark at the postings of others. There are many other examples. But bottom line, it's not opposing opinion that usually gets somebody trashed, it's aggressive ignorance, and in some cases just being an a s s h o l e (not a smurf).

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

Vrede wrote: We've had tons of those, some thinking and honest cons would be refreshing. Since you imagine that describes "Supsalesmgr, Reality, Colonel Taylor", we won't be expecting you to find us any.
Thanks again for proving I was correct. You are the most obnoxious of the agitators in these boards with Homie coming in a close second. No one can make a comment without your smarta ss mouth saying something to belittle them. When I said "Supsalesmgr, Reality, Colonel Taylor and a few more would comment on topics only to have your circle of jawjackers attack them like rabid pitbulls", I was attempting to make a point, not prove whether or not what they posted held any credibility; and to point out the attacks on them by you and your also-rans. Also, you proved my point in saying no one is correct but you by your saying "some thinking and honest cons" which implies no one is above your level of knowledge and/or intelligence.

I deal with your kind every day. You're nothing but one who wants attention and your source of attention is in these boards; that's why you're the one who posts the most, and has an "expert" opinion on practically every subject that has been posted.

The truth is that, with few exceptions, our choice has been between going easy on foolish and oh so "sensitive" cons or making sport of them and risk seeing them run away. Intelligent debate from cons has mostly been off the table since before the BRN shut down, DooHickey is a prime example. She invents grand conspiracies out of phpBB Group quirks, calls anyone who points out her error a "liar", and then runs away when proven wrong.
Sorry, doofus, I don't run away. My time is valuable and I don't hover over my keyboard waiting for someone to say something so that I can debunk them and impress someone with my incredible knowledge. Bottom line, you as a decent human suck. You may have a tender heart towards the infirm and helpless, but you vent your hatred and take your frustrations out on those who disagree with you. As far as finding you fresh meat to chop, you're better at it than anyone else; find your own friends.

Apache
Red Shirt

Unread post by Apache »

When my forum closed down, I was invited here. I have never proclaim to be an expert on any subject and I dont roll in the mud :D Name calling and being ugly and mean isnt who I am. I like to pride myself on the fact, I refuse to post anything I wouldnt say to someone's face. I come on here often and read but I never respond, why, You guys love to get down and dirty. I fear some of you are just waiting to pounce and start the name calling. I havent read a single thread that wasnt reduce to name calling, not one. I'm sure I will be told to not come back, if I dont like what I read, but as a newcomer or lurker, I thought you guys would appreciate my input. Peace.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

DooHickey wrote:Thanks again for proving I was correct. You are the most obnoxious of the agitators in these boards with Homie coming in a close second.
You, Supsalesmgr, Reality Homerphobe or Colonel Taylor say something obnoxious and/or goddamned stupid. In your case that's the ONLY thing you do. Vrede points out the fallacy of what you said. Vrede is not the one being the agitator.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Maximum free speech-yes. Let's face it, there are some pretty idiotic nutjobs
out there. That's not my fault. They do run the gamut-some are way way out
and others aren't. Obama's reelection likely didn't help either. If they want to
leave, so be it. I'm getting my jollies out of local columnist Mike Tower. He's not
really a nutjob, but he's so repetitively obtuse that he comes close enough. It's
always one minute to midnight on his personal clock of doom. Hilarious.

bannination
Captain

Bungalow Bill wrote:Maximum free speech-yes. Let's face it, there are some pretty idiotic nutjobs
out there. That's not my fault. They do run the gamut-some are way way out
and others aren't. Obama's reelection likely didn't help either. If they want to
leave, so be it. I'm getting my jollies out of local columnist Mike Tower. He's not
really a nutjob, but he's so repetitively obtuse that he comes close enough. It's
always one minute to midnight on his personal clock of doom. Hilarious.

Don’t ever forget that the human freedom to do such ultimate wrong also applies to those we elect. Remember when Adolf Hitler was duly elected to govern Germany? We must do everything possible to make certain this can never happen in America. It isn’t enough to hope it won’t happen!

Yeah poor Mike, he invokes Godwin before anyone even argues with him.

bannination
Captain

I did like this one, raking John Fogle a little bit.... like that takes much effort.

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/201 ... y-language

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote:Plus, Adolf Hitler was never "duly elected to govern Germany".

Mike Tower's column should have been titled: With time comes a muddier perspective
A lot of muddier-brained people are incorrect in saying that when they could be correct by saying "legally ascended." But among those who engage in Godwining, what's the difference in accuracy and inaccuracy or truth and lie?

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

rstrong wrote:
DooHickey wrote:Thanks again for proving I was correct. You are the most obnoxious of the agitators in these boards with Homie coming in a close second.
You, Supsalesmgr, Reality Homerphobe or Colonel Taylor say something obnoxious and/or goddamned stupid. In your case that's the ONLY thing you do. Vrede points out the fallacy of what you said. Vrede is not the one being the agitator.
And you're the goddamned Canadian idiot; twice as stupid as goddamned American idiots. Correction: Vrede is not the only one being the agitator; sorry I excluded you; it was an unintentional oversight. I'll try not to let it happen again; forgive me?

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

DooHickey wrote: You are the most obnoxious of the agitators in these boards with Homie coming in a close second.

I've worked very hard at this, and I deserve to be #1.

When I said "Supsalesmgr, Reality, Colonel Taylor and a few more would comment on topics only to have your circle of jawjackers attack them like rabid pitbulls", I was attempting to make a point, not prove whether or not what they posted held any credibility; and to point out the attacks on them by you and your also-rans.

So people shouldn't be held responsible for their own words/actions? If they say something ludicrous or patently false, no one should call them on it?

"Wa-a-a-a-a-h-h-h! Mommy, make them stop!"

Sounds like some kind on nanny-state forum welfare or something.

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

Stinger wrote:
DooHickey wrote: You are the most obnoxious of the agitators in these boards with Homie coming in a close second.
I've worked very hard at this, and I deserve to be #1.
If you say so. Maybe you and Vrede can split the honors.

bannination
Captain

DooHickey wrote:And you're the goddamned Canadian idiot; twice as stupid as goddamned American idiots. Correction: Vrede is not the only one being the agitator; sorry I excluded you; it was an unintentional oversight. I'll try not to let it happen again; forgive me?
Whew, someone's on the rag. :wave:

bannination
Captain

Another common theme with conservatives, once you starting getting off politics and on to science and math they have absolutely nothing to contribute. Perhaps this says more than anything how to separate true conservatives with plain old wingnuts.

That more than anything tells me I don't want to be like them.

(Before rstrong says something, he's excluded, wneglia as well.)

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

Vrede wrote:It depends on the parameters. If we go with ratio of whiny attacks to relevant and informative posts, I think DooHickey may just take the top slot.
You shouldn't think; you'll hurt yourself.

You must be jealous of me and/or my success in life. Whether or not I've even commented on a subject, you manage to have something nasty or hateful to say about me. Obssessed, that what it is.
bannination wrote:
DooHickey wrote:And you're the goddamned Canadian idiot; twice as stupid as goddamned American idiots. Correction: Vrede is not the only one being the agitator; sorry I excluded you; it was an unintentional oversight. I'll try not to let it happen again; forgive me?
I agree. I wouldn't have expected anything like that from rstrong. Must be a bytch being on the rag and freezing your a ss off at the same time. (19 degrees) Hope he's over it soon; I hate to see a grown man whine.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

DooHickey wrote:
bannination wrote:
I agree. I wouldn't have expected anything like that from rstrong.
I typed a simple truth. Nationality doesn't enter into it. The subject of Homerphobe's obsession didn't enter into it either.
DooHickey wrote:Must be a bytch being on the rag and freezing your a ss off at the same time. (19 degrees)
It's warmed WAY up here, more than 20 degrees warmer than a few days ago. 19 degrees, as you note. Any more and we'll have birds bursting into flames in mid-air.

Sorry about how one single post provoked a hissy fit on your part. But I stand by what I wrote.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

DooHickey wrote:. Whether or not I've even commented on a subject, you manage to have something nasty or hateful to say about me
Gee. Since most of what you post is nasty and hateful, I can't see why on earth anyone would post anything nasty or hateful back at you.

Whine, whine, whine.

Poor little DooHickey. It thinks it's entitled to dish it out, but it sure can't take it.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Stinger wrote:Whine, whine, whine.
Poor little DooHickey. It thinks it's entitled to dish it out, but it sure can't take it.
Yeah. Go look in the mirror now.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!