Rove out to kill off the Teabaggers.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Rove out to kill off the Teabaggers.

Unread post by Stinger »

Karl Rove Focuses On Defeating The Tea Party
2013/02/03
By Nathaniel Downes

The ongoing Republican Civil War is turning particularly bloody. It is no longer a battle of ideologies, conservative vs liberal, it is only about the absolute and naked grab for power which those who have been paying attention had called it since the beginning. Karl Rove and his allies have now wheeled out their newest weapon in this attempt to wrest power out of the conservatives of the Tea Party, a new SuperPAC named the Conservative Victory Project. The project’s goal is simple, to run the candidate who can win, regardless of political ideology, who will then in turn push their corporatist agenda.

American Crossroads president Steven Law is directly operating this new organization. In an interview with the New York Times, Law was clear that his group was intentionally targeting those he, and those he is affiliated with, feel are not able to win. In the interview, it is clear that Law views any candidate associated with the Tea Party as fair game.

The Tea Party is aware of it. Tea Party affiliated sites such as World Net Daily and Breitbart are all viewing this move as a direct attack on the Tea Party. And they should. The established GOP wants their votes, but does not want their ideas. They have been eliminated from leadership positions, had their bills ignored, and effectively have been ostracized from the party.
Addicting Info

I'm pulling for the Teanuts. I'm hoping they come up with an Alan West / Michelle Bachmann ticket in 2016.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Rove out to kill of the Teabaggers.

Unread post by O Really »

This is going to be fun!

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

You know your party has gone off the rails when you're relying on the architect of the Bush II presidency to be the voice of reason to save you from the crazies.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

I know this is a pretty inexact analogy, but it's a little like saying Hitler
is out to kill the Nazi Party.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Bungalow Bill wrote:I know this is a pretty inexact analogy, but it's a little like saying Hitler
is out to kill the Nazi Party.
Yeah, but the Teanazis are costing the Pubs senators and presidents.

I prefer they keep being the stupid party. They're so good at it.

West/Bachmann in 2016.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:For starters Rove is predicting victory in Ohio.
He had a fix in in Ohio. An election-day court decision stopped him. That's why he went postal when Fox called Ohio for Obama.

O Really
Admiral

According to Cantor, Republicans just need to explain themselves better... :roll:
http://news.msn.com/politics/top-house- ... ain-itself

"No, no...we're not really cutting unemployment benefits. We're creating a contributory plan to help you get another job. We're going to use your contribution to give money to the Feds, who most of the time we lambaste, but our ethics are such that we are compelled to repay them as quickly as possible. But mainly, we're doing this for you, so that you won't have to live under all the pressure of having disposable income like we do."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Don't worry, Rove. Other prominent Republicans will fill the gap left by the Teabaggers....

"Suppose that Donald Trump had been the spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan...The color of his hair and the color of an orange orangutan [are] the only two things in nature of the same color...Unless he comes up with proof, I'm willing to offer $5 million to Donald Trump that he can donate to a charity of his choice...Hair Club For Men, the Institute For Incorrigible Douchebaggery..."
- Bill Maher on The Tonight Show, after Trump made his own $5 million demand regarding Obama

"I don't think he was joking."
- Donald Trump, suing Maher for $5 million after sending him a copy of his (possibly fake) birth certificate

"I would welcome this as a great gift at this stage in my life that I could call you 'senator.'"
- Former judge and current Fox analyst Andrew Napolitano to Geraldo Rivera, who is considering running for office

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Yep, this is one time you definitely don't want to fix stupid, but keep it going. It really
has hurt them in the Senate races. I'm afraid they have figured this out and will try
to do something, but if the nutjobs keep voting for these jerks in the primaries, what
can they do? Got get 'em, nutters.

Dryer Vent
Pilot Officer

Unread post by Dryer Vent »

This will backfire badly. Half of the GOP is baggers at this point, or they are 'fraidy cats kissing bagger ass.

O Really
Admiral

Worst case scenario is that the teapartiers start putting on a more acceptable act. Wolves in sheep's clothing, as it were. Scorpion riding the frog. Oz behind the screen. If many more of these subversives get elected, they'll be able to bring Congress to an even more worthless state than it now is.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:Worst case scenario is that the teapartiers start putting on a more acceptable act.
They don't have it in them. They really think that the reason the Pubs lost the last two elections is that they nominated RINO's who weren't nearly conservative enough. They really believe in nutjobs like Alan West and Michelle Bachmann. They put the "stupid" in Jindal's "stupid party."

O Really
Admiral

Stinger wrote:
O Really wrote:Worst case scenario is that the teapartiers start putting on a more acceptable act.
They don't have it in them. They really think that the reason the Pubs lost the last two elections is that they nominated RINO's who weren't nearly conservative enough. They really believe in nutjobs like Alan West and Michelle Bachmann. They put the "stupid" in Jindal's "stupid party."
They really believe all that? Seriously? That's one of the scariest things I've heard lately.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:
Stinger wrote:
They really believe all that? Seriously? That's one of the scariest things I've heard lately.
You've never heard die-limp teabaggers complaining that they can't win an election because they can't get a "real conservative" nominated? You need to get out more.

Yeppers, if they could just get a real conservative nominated, America would flock to them because they are just so, so right. McCain was a RINO. Palin was sent from God.

They really believe that s h i t.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I predict that the Republicans will go with a cloud services solution.

You ask a Republican candidate a question, and it's picked up by his smartphone. A moment later an answer comes back, Siri-style, that conforms to official Republican policy. It may even speak the answer in the candidate's own voice. All she/he has to do is hold the phone near the reporter's microphone.

It would also used to monitor anything the candidate says so that damage control - lawsuits to prevent publication - can be launched immediately.

A bluetooth earpiece will allow Dick Cheney to dictate policy (and threats) directly to to the candidate. If the candidate refuses to listen, that earpiece will also allow a simple voice-activated command to sedate the candidate remotely from Cheney's command bunker. Think of Darth Vader telling a ship captain "You Have Failed Me For The Last Time."

Where it all goes badly is at one of the primaries, when someone plays the Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated" and all the Republican candidates drop to the floor.

O Really
Admiral

Stinger wrote:
You've never heard die-limp teabaggers complaining that they can't win an election because they can't get a "real conservative" nominated? You need to get out more.

Actually I get out more than I'd like to sometimes. Today I find myself in a town in Alabama close to where the loon kidnapped the kid. I'm working with an expert in workplace violence, holding hands with one of our clients who got spooked by the kidnapping incident and the resultant standoff. What are they afraid of? Seems they have a lot of employees who generally agree with most of the views of the paranoid anti-government kidnapper. Not that they're sympathetic to him personally - he pretty much lost that when he killed the bus driver and napped the kid. But if he had simply shot at some cops or black people, beat up a gay guy, blown up an abortion clinic, threatened a government official, etc., he'd probably have had a lot of support during his time in the bunker.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:On the plus side the average IQ of that Alabama town jumps significantly when you visit. :-||
Boatrocker said he used to live somewhere around here. I'm guessing the average IQ dropped significantly when he left. The act of leaving being an obvious sign of superior intelligence.

If anybody wonders where all the stereotypes come from about apparently illiterate people with an inbred appearance, wearing camo "overhauls" and carrying around about a hundred extra pounds, then this is where to find some upholding that stereotype. Think "Swamp People" is fiction? Not here!

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote:
Vrede wrote:On the plus side the average IQ of that Alabama town jumps significantly when you visit. :-||
Boatrocker said he used to live somewhere around here. I'm guessing the average IQ dropped significantly when he left. The act of leaving being an obvious sign of superior intelligence.

If anybody wonders where all the stereotypes come from about apparently illiterate people with an inbred appearance, wearing camo "overhauls" and carrying around about a hundred extra pounds, then this is where to find some upholding that stereotype. Think "Swamp People" is fiction? Not here!
Too true, unfortunately, and not just in those oppressive environs of L.A. I thinks it's a rural thing. Something about living in the sticks. I was once asked, "Why are you reading?" as if reading a book when I didn't have to was some kind of weird. There are some fine people down there; I wonder how they tolerate it. I would go back, but only if God commanded from a burning bush or something, and I still would not go gracefully.
Where are you, exactly, if you can say?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:...
Where are you, exactly, if you can say?
Dothan, more or less.