Don’t Blink, or You’ll Miss Another Bailout

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Don’t Blink, or You’ll Miss Another Bailout

Unread post by bannination »

bannination
Captain

Re: Don’t Blink, or You’ll Miss Another Bailout

I'll never understand the cons support of this fraud.

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:I wish it was just cons.
Absolutely, but I was meaning our general population rather than our politicians.

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:I think too much of our general population, lib and con, is resigned to being screwed. I choose not to live as a defeatist but I'm not sure that I can make a rock solid case, especially with corporate/banker stuff, that they're wrong other than saying, "Being screwed is 100% guaranteed if people don't act."

Perhaps I'm just jaded but most cons I know are pro bank bailout. "They are the rich guys creating jobs."

Just look at the black lash over OWS even on this forum from the cons.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I myself have become a rabid anti BOA entity. On January 3, I had surgery on my eye for a detached retina. About two days later, I called BOA and told them of my medical condition, that I would be missing quite a bit of work, and informed them that my mortgage payment would be late for the month of January. I further requested that they "forego" or waive the January payment and allow me to continue as normal with the February payment. At this point, I should say that in the 43 months I've lived in my house, my mortgage payment has never been late. In any case, they did not consent to my request and instead sent me a few days later a brochure stating that "....we know these may be hard times, and we're here to help." It went on with additional blatant bullshit like that for several pages. In addition to the bullshit brochure, they called my house every day about the mortgage payment; after the second call I stopped answering. Last week I got a certified letter from BOA saying that if they didn't receive $(two mortgage payments) by Feb 21, they would initiate foreclosure proceedings. Keep in mind that at this point, I only owe one payment (for February; they cashed my January mortgage payment on Feb 8). I am of the opinion that there's not a court in the country that would put someone out of their house for missing one mortgage payment. All this after their 50 plus billion dollar welfare and now this latest windfall. I'm not asking them for anything other than a reprieve of one payment. They've spent more in time and effort to attempt to intimidate me than the amount of the forebearance I requested. Hilarious. I think I'll just go down to West Palm Beach and live with that guy who filed some sort of voodoo legal papers and lives in a 2.5 million dollar spread that BOA owns; he's been there two years as of the story I saw on ABC last month about him. I vote they change their name; I think they hate America.