Hendersonville Kmart to close

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Red Shirt

Hendersonville Kmart to close

Unread post by Guest »

Got word from a friend of mine today that the Kmart store in Hendersonville will be closing along about May 15th.

Hate to hear this, especially for those who struggled to keep their jobs as long as they did. Walmart, OTOH, has announced a record profit year for 2012. Once Walmart runs the Moms & Pops and other retailers out of business, the US can officially change it's name to the United States of China.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Hendersonville Kmart to close

Unread post by O Really »

Unfortunately, K-Mart/Sears is largely responsible for its own misery. Not that I'm a fan of Wal-Mart, but K-Mart/Sears is hardly a "mom and pop" operation. They lost their niche to Wal-Mart and Target and have nobody to blame but themselves.

Red Shirt

Unread post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Once Walmart runs the Moms & Pops and other retailers out of business, the US can officially change it's name to the United States of China.
O Really wrote: Not that I'm a fan of Wal-Mart, but K-Mart/Sears is hardly a "mom and pop" operation.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

More like an "opps" than a triple face palm, but what-everrr :roll: I stand corrected.