Why gun permits shouldn't be public

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
k9nanny
General

Why gun permits shouldn't be public

Unread post by k9nanny »

Because the NRA combs the lists and makes unsolicited calls to "update you." That's as far as the asshole got before I unleashed a string of un-ladylike expletives on him. Calling my business on a Sunday? These guys must be getting desperate. Furthermore, they had to dig to get this number. Any permit would have been secured under the old house number, since disconnected.

I do enjoy using a tone, telling these guys they have to go through me to get to Mr. k9.

By the way, the survey I received from the RNC makes no mention of gun control amongst their "issues."
Se Non Ora, Quando?

O Really
Admiral

Re: Why gun permits shouldn't be public

Unread post by O Really »

I had a similar experience years ago when I first got a Florida concealed carry permit. I had barely gotten it out of my mailbox when the big letter labeled NRA stuff started arriving. I sent them a similar response. Actually, I gave serious consideration to sending them my response along with a large bag of Ridgeback poo, but cooler heads prevailed. Nevertheless, I still think firearms licenses ought to be as public as drivers' licenses or occupational licenses. It's a government record. We're entitled to see it. I'd also like to see some severe restrictions on how that information could be used, however. If you download public information to use for marketing purposes (like, for example, trying to sell discount ripoff insurance to drivers under 25) or membership solicitation, etc., you get severely fined, or beheaded...or whatever.