The Fishing Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
JTA
Commander

Re: The Fishing Thread

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:
Mr.B wrote:Inasmuch as we're all "friends" here, I have no problem telling racist or sexist jokes either;

Duh, you just did but are too cowardly to admit it, as usual.

especially when it tears 'ol Vrede outta his frame and sends him into a foaming, sniveling mass of jello....

You're hallucinating again. All I posted is "Sexist and racist", which is merely a non-hystrionic statement of fact. You then, as always, become "a foaming, sniveling mass of jello" desperately trying to deny the obvious, all the more so because this time you got caught using children to demonstrate your sexism and racism.

Perhaps a visual demonstration will help. By Mr.B's "reasoning" this . . .

. . . is neither anti-Christian nor antisemitic. Right? Right?

(this is your cue to run away from the point, as usual)
Let's dissect this image, shall we.

Since Jesus was a Jew I doubt he'd be anti-Semitic. That woman though... she looks like she might be German, so she might be anti-Semitic. Judging from her garb this picture may have taken place in the time of the Nazis, so it's possible she is also a Nazi. Probably what happened was she just finished up baking some delicious red blooded god-fearing American apple pies for her school children, but failed to inform the Jewish kids of the tasty treats because she hates Jewish people. In flies Jesus on his magic unicorn to remind the German lady that she shouldn't forget the Jewish children, because every child deserves a slice of pie because every child is special. Jesus, being dear to the German lady's heart, decides to change her ways and goes on to save hundreds of Jewish school children from the Nazis.

If you look at her facial expression, you can tell it's one filled with guilt and regret. Nobody in their right mind would have that expression when a bunch of fresh baked American apple pies come out of the oven. I sure wouldn't.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote: "Let's dissect this image, shall we.
Jesus, being dear to the German lady's heart, decides to change her ways and goes on to save hundreds of Jewish school children from the Nazis.

If you look at her facial expression, you can tell it's one filled with guilt and regret. Nobody in their right mind would have that expression when a bunch of fresh baked American apple pies come out of the oven. I sure wouldn't."
You've described Corrie Tenn Boom; though I don't believe she had an oven in her Hiding Place.

"God does not have problems. Only plans," proclaimed Corrie ten Boom when a clerical error allowed
her to be released from a Nazi concentration camp one week before all women prisoners her age were executed.

I have to thank Vrede for posting that picture, and thank you for your somewhat twisted, but partially accurate commentary.
Corrie Tenn Boom lived a horrible nightmare, but yet found courage and faith in God to risk her life to save others....which may have included baking pies.

That picture was supposed to be a work of ridicule; however, I see it as Jesus asking Corrie Tenn Boom if she had baked enough to feed the Jews, as well as her family! "God does not have problems — only plans." .... To God be the Glory!

Tenn Boom Museum Virtual Tour

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:It's an oven, Mr.B.
But doesn't that look a lot like Jane Curtain?
An oven...?!? Are you sure?? Who's Jane Curtain?
Maybe not. Maybe it's a pie safe.
You can google Jane Curtain...if you missed her, you missed a really good bunch of entertainment.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: All I posted was the undeniable fact that the "humor" is "Sexist and racist", one you remain to wussy to admit, while mocking your vulgar language, Church Lady. You're the one that "got oh-so offended" by my (bastardized) post.
Disclaimer: The above quote has had one extra word added to emphasize the real reason for the original post; and is not to be confused as being the author's original post.
(bastardized...© Boatrocker 2013, rstrong 2014)

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: Ummm, you're saying that I bastardized my own post, which is dumb, and you're fantasizing about my "real reason" for posting it.
Nope...I'm saying you bastardize the posts of anyone who disagrees with your fantasizing and obsessing; meaning you twist the meanings of what is written, you make asinine accusations, calling names, yada, yada. Condescending much?

O Really
Admiral

It occurred to me that if Mr.B really doesn't know who Jane Curtain is, he probably doesn't know "Church Lady" either. That's a big hole in cultural education, not to mention a bunch of missed laughs.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:It occurred to me that if Mr.B really doesn't know who Jane Curtain is, he probably doesn't know "Church Lady" either. That's a big hole in cultural education, not to mention a bunch of missed laughs.
Never was much of a night owl; never sat up for late night.

I do know who the 'Church Lady' is though. That's cultural? Funny, yes.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I found a picture of JTA...!
***************************************************************************************************************

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:It occurred to me that if Mr.B really doesn't know who Jane Curtain is, he probably doesn't know "Church Lady" either. That's a big hole in cultural education, not to mention a bunch of missed laughs.
Never was much of a night owl; never sat up for late night.

I do know who the 'Church Lady' is though. That's cultural? Funny, yes.
You might have had to stay up late to see the originals, but for years, Saturday Night Live ran every night at 10 on some cable channels like TNT or something. Anyway, it's no secret that TV shows impact and help to form popular culture. Words, phrases, characters become more than just a memory of a show watched, but as expressive as other, older, references back to Shakespeare or the Bible. Everybody, religious or not, understands what a "judas" or a "good Samaritan" is. Shows like SNL, Seinfeld, Friends, etc. are the source of a lot of the language and shared concepts. Just seems to me that it's good to know the origin of phrases and words and how popular arts, entertainment, and writings affect the culture.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really
Admiral

Where I went fishing today. Caught some excellent grouper... http://www.jensenbros-seafood.com/wholesale.cfm

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:Where I went fishing today. Caught some excellent grouper... http://www.jensenbros-seafood.com/wholesale.cfm
Cop out.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote:Where I went fishing today. Caught some excellent grouper... http://www.jensenbros-seafood.com/wholesale.cfm
Cop out.
Not a cop-out at all. It's called a "civilized society" with "division of labor." If I go "fishing" where is it written that I have to actually pull the creature out of the sea? If I want some grouper, it's not necessary for me to get on some smelly boat with a bunch of guys drinking Bud Lite and pay roughly $150/lb. for my catch. I can fish at Jensen's, spend less than 10 minutes, pay $18.50/pound for fish an hour off the boat, and drink from Dunedin Brewery next door http://www.dunedinbrewery.com/ while I wait for my "catch". I've got no problem with cruising around in a fun boat, drinking beer, and lying to my mates, but why should I do that just to get dinner?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"I've got no problem with cruising around in a fun boat, drinking beer, and lying to my mates, but why should I do that just to get dinner?"
Substitute boat for a car.....how'd you do on a date? :lol:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
Cop out.
Not a cop-out at all. It's called a "civilized society" with "division of labor." If I go "fishing" where is it written that I have to actually pull the creature out of the sea? If I want some grouper, it's not necessary for me to get on some smelly boat with a bunch of guys drinking Bud Lite and pay roughly $150/lb. for my catch. I can fish at Jensen's, spend less than 10 minutes, pay $18.50/pound for fish an hour off the boat, and drink from Dunedin Brewery next door http://www.dunedinbrewery.com/ while I wait for my "catch". I've got no problem with cruising around in a fun boat, drinking beer, and lying to my mates, but why should I do that just to get dinner?
I bet you dont even shear your own sheep and spin your own cloth...
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:He's a lawyer, he clips "sheep" and spins "facts" from whole cloth. Then, he buys $18.50/pound fish. :P
:lol: Good 'un! I tried to think up something snarky myself yesterday.....you were up earlier than me!

O Really
Admiral

Glad I could contribute to your entertainment.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"Glad I could contribute to your entertainment."
You tryin' to steal my thunder?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:
O Really wrote:Glad I could contribute to your entertainment.
"Crap, now we're gonna get billed $18.50."
No sweat...he said it was a contribution....if you can't trust a ....sure gonna be a pretty day today, ain't it?
Last edited by Mr.B on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O Really
Admiral

Consider it toward my mandatory pro bono community service quota.
But seriously, not that $18.50 is cheap eating, but it's grouper, man. Fresh off the boat. Not ever frozen. Try finding that at your local Ingle's - and if you do, it's not going to be $18.50. More often, I get salmon for $10.99, or better on sale for $8.99. Or Talapia for $7.99. Or Mahi on sale for $8.99 or so. But grouper? Never going to find that for cheap. And it's not cheap if you go out and catch it yourself.