Behold Your Demon Hero President

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Behold Your Demon Hero President

Unread post by O Really »

Obama contributor/supporter Mark Burnett (Exec Producer) comments:

“History channel has the highest respect for President Obama," a statement from the History channel read. "The series was produced with an international and diverse cast of respected actors. It's unfortunate that anyone made this false connection. History's 'The Bible' is meant to enlighten people on its rich stories and deep history."

“This is utter nonsense," Burnett said. "The actor who played Satan, Mehdi Ouzaani, is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics -- including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our President.”

"Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love our President, who is a fellow Christian," Downey added. "False statements such as these are just designed as a foolish distraction to try and discredit the beauty of the story of The Bible.”

And we all know who is a very talented designer of "foolish distractions" don't we? :roll:

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Vrede wrote: why not a Swede to be the devil?
Cheney's available.. .. typecasting I know but who better to play himself .. .. 8-)
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:I can see the resemblance to Obama being unintentional but still, a light skinned European to play Jesus and a dark skinned African to play Satan? Don't they have actors in the Middle East and why not a Swede to be the devil?
Satan, and bad guys in general, are often portrayed as dark - sometimes figuratively, sometimes literally. Probably denizens of "the Moors" weren't that happy with the portrayal of Othello. Darth Vader didn't wear summer white, did he? Does portrayal of an evil person as dark or black have racial overtones. IMNVHO, probably. OTOH, doesn't the Bible itself reference God as light and Satan as dark? Isn't "Prince of Darkness" a biblical term?

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Behold the sore loser kook who still can't get used to the fact that Obama won
a second term. Ever notice the nutjobs like to talk about other people's lack
of civility, but they never show much themselves? :crazy:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Crock Hunter wrote:
Cheney's available.. .. typecasting I know but who better to play himself .. .. 8-)
I always thought Cheney would have made a good Penguin in the Batman movies.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

neoplacebo wrote:
Crock Hunter wrote:
I always thought Cheney would have made a good Penguin in the Batman movies.
Or a good defendant at a war crimes tribunal.

O Really
Admiral

This guy has an interesting perspective...
http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com ... look-like/

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Turks do you ever grow tired of being a stereotype?
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

O Really
Admiral

Or, looking at it from a broader standpoint, all life comes from the Sun - or at least without the Sun there would be no life here. Light is good. Dark not so much. So creating a vision of polar opposites good vs. evil, you get light vs. dark. I have no doubt there are some who intentionally portray the 'bad guy" as black, and who are shocked when they go to see something like "Django Unchained" or "Blazing Saddles" for that matter and the black guy wears the white hat. I don't doubt there are movies where the "bad guys" are clearly political. Some say that applies to "Avatar." I don't really think this is one of those occasions. Interesting part, though, is that Turks seems to think the show was a documentary and "exposed" Obama as Satan, rather than taking the approach that the producers had politicized the Biblical story. :lol:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:Or, looking at it from a broader standpoint, all life comes from the Sun
Hail the sun god!
For he's a fun god!
Ra! Ra! Ra!

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

O Really wrote:Or, looking at it from a broader standpoint, all life comes from the Sun - or at least without the Sun there would be no life here. Light is good. Dark not so much. So creating a vision of polar opposites good vs. evil, you get light vs. dark. I have no doubt there are some who intentionally portray the 'bad guy" as black, and who are shocked when they go to see something like "Django Unchained" or "Blazing Saddles" for that matter and the black guy wears the white hat. I don't doubt there are movies where the "bad guys" are clearly political. Some say that applies to "Avatar." I don't really think this is one of those occasions. Interesting part, though, is that Turks seems to think the show was a documentary and "exposed" Obama as Satan, rather than taking the approach that the producers had politicized the Biblical story. :lol:
Not just "all life" but all matter, everything!!

**Except for Hydrogen and Helium and some lithium created in the big bang, all other elements, "everything" has came from a star. We were literally born of the sun/stars.

Turks
Red Shirt

Unread post by Turks »

WOW! A few posts on my part and you little ladies have your tits all twisted. Pull your skirts up and STFU. You sound like a bunch of ass-wipes. All yer bitchin' and whinin' and digging up old posts to make a point duller than the ones atop your heads. Attacking moderators at other forums out of jealousy...very impressive indeed. :eh: No wonder you're one sad sack of sorry shits that everyone is laughing at. :-H How many posters does it take for a circle jerk? The whole board here...all 3 of you. :D

:wave:

O Really
Admiral

Turks wrote:WOW! A few posts on my part and you little ladies have your tits all twisted. Pull you're skirts up and STFU. You sound like a bunch of asswipes.
Yes...we are all in awe of your brilliance and wisdom. You ... are ... the ... best ...everrrr. Oh Baby. :yawn:

Ombudsman
Ensign

Perhaps Turks is just testing the waters to see how much of a troll he can be and still not get banned, unlike his home base where he is protected by the cowardly moderator who bans anyone who causes his loyal subjects to question his bullshit.

Ombudsman
Ensign

In a statement, miniseries producer Mark Burnett called claims there was a resemblance "utter nonsense."

Burnett said the actor who played Satan, Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni, "is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics – including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our President."

Ouazanni has had roles in two biblical TV movies – "Jeremiah" and "The Ten Commandments."

Executive producer of the miniseries Roma Downey, Burnett's wife, added, "Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love our President, who is a fellow Christian. False statements such as these are just designed as a foolish distraction to try and discredit the beauty of the story of The Bible."
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/1 ... -nonsense/

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Turks wrote: How many posters does it take for a circle jerk?

You tell us. You come from a forum that bans anyone that has a dissenting view.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Another fact based, insightful, understated nutjob post. And these kooks wonder
why their private poltical fanstasy world isn't catching on with more people. :crazy:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:

They ban people because they might potentially have a dissenting view in the future.

I did not express a dissenting view, and I was entirely polite. I was banned after just one post, simply because I had previously disagreed with Bowhunter/nascarfan88 on another forum and he cried to his nursemaid.

Ombudsman
Ensign

rstrong wrote:
bannination wrote:

They ban people because they might potentially have a dissenting view in the future.

I did not express a dissenting view, and I was entirely polite. I was banned after just one post, simply because I had previously disagreed with Bowhunter/nascarfan88 on another forum and he cried to his nursemaid.
Darren did the same on the Blue Ridge forum.

Sixty Two
Red Shirt

Unread post by Sixty Two »

Ombudsman wrote:Perhaps Turks is just testing the waters to see how much of a troll he can be and still not get banned, unlike his home base where he is protected by the cowardly moderator who bans anyone who causes his loyal subjects to question his bullshit.
If you kiss that cowardly solar moderator entire ass you will remain that devil friend, and you will never get banned.

I got banned..... :lol:
I am more prone to be inquisitive. I want to find out what your thinking was. I want to find out what your feelings are, and did you learn anything....