"E=MC² is a liberal claptrap"

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

"E=MC² is a liberal claptrap"

Unread post by bannination »

http://www.conservapedia.com/E%3Dmc%C2%B2

I wish it was a joke.

E=mc² is Einstein's famous formula which asserts that the energy (E) which makes up the matter in any body is equal to the square of the speed of light (c²) times the mass (m) of that body.[1] It is a statement that purports to relate all matter to energy. In fact, no theory has successfully unified the laws governing mass (i.e., gravity) with the laws governing light (i.e., electromagnetism), and numerous attempts to derive E=mc² in general from first principles have failed. Political pressure,[2] however, has since made it impossible for anyone pursuing an academic career in science to even question the validity of this nonsensical equation. Simply put, E=mc² is liberal claptrap.
But light has never been unified with matter despite more than a billion-dollars-worth of attempts, and it is likely impossible to ever do so. Biblical Scientific Foreknowledge predicts that there is no unified theory of light and matter because they were created at different times, in different ways, as described in the Book of Genesis.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Re: "E=MC² is a liberal claptrap"

Unread post by Wneglia »

bannination wrote:http://www.conservapedia.com/E%3Dmc%C2%B2

I wish it was a joke.

E=mc² is Einstein's famous formula which asserts that the energy (E) which makes up the matter in any body is equal to the square of the speed of light (c²) times the mass (m) of that body.[1] It is a statement that purports to relate all matter to energy. In fact, no theory has successfully unified the laws governing mass (i.e., gravity) with the laws governing light (i.e., electromagnetism), and numerous attempts to derive E=mc² in general from first principles have failed. Political pressure,[2] however, has since made it impossible for anyone pursuing an academic career in science to even question the validity of this nonsensical equation. Simply put, E=mc² is liberal claptrap.
But light has never been unified with matter despite more than a billion-dollars-worth of attempts, and it is likely impossible to ever do so. Biblical Scientific Foreknowledge predicts that there is no unified theory of light and matter because they were created at different times, in different ways, as described in the Book of Genesis.
Not liberal claptrap, but not correct, nonetheless

:mrgreen:

bannination
Captain

Wneglia wrote:
Not liberal claptrap, but not correct, nonetheless

:mrgreen:
I guess it's correct in that E=MC² is not the formula to use when objects are moving relative to one another. However, that's well known, Einsteins full equation is E^2 = (pc)^2 + (mc^2)^2. This fully takes relativistic momentum into account in flat space.

However, the conservapedia article is trying to say that E=mc^2 is not correct.... but they intentionally use it in an incorrect way.

It also incorrectly ties mass to gravity. Weight has something to do with gravity, not mass.

This guy describes it better than I can.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

"Conservapedia" tells you everything you need to know.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

bannination
Captain

It's good at inventing problems. Here's another goodie.

The Starlight Problem

The Starlight Problem confounds all theories about the universe: light has reached us from stars that are too far away to transmit the light within the age of the universe. But Genesis explains this easily: "let there be light" means that God created light, not merely stars.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Wonder if that's were Tertius got the idea that green house gases don't exist?
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

bannination
Captain

bannination wrote:It's good at inventing problems. Here's another goodie.

The Starlight Problem

The Starlight Problem confounds all theories about the universe: light has reached us from stars that are too far away to transmit the light within the age of the universe. But Genesis explains this easily: "let there be light" means that God created light, not merely stars.

I just realized... they uh... screwed up.... light should have no problem only traveling 6000 or 3000 years, whatever it is. :lol:

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

bannination
Captain

Sure, but even if light was your typical Florida driver, it should still have time to make it here! :mrgreen: