The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

The drug companies don't want to be associated with state killing - not a big enough market to make the negative PR worth it.

It's funny that the same person that posts this has absolute faith in the honesty and infallibility of government when it comes to state killing.
Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:26 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:54 am
billy.pilgrim’s US Rep., Matt Gaetz:

Florida Republican who tried to abolish EPA says toxic algae crisis is 'horrifying'
"The American people are drowning in rules and regulations promulgated by unelected bureaucrats..."

He got that part right, anyway
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2458&start=340

Seems it's more about bloodthirst than intellectual or moral consistency.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:02 pm
The drug companies don't want to be associated with state killing - not a big enough market to make the negative PR worth it.

It's funny that the same person that posts this has absolute faith in the honesty and infallibility of government when it comes to state killing.
Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:26 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:54 am
billy.pilgrim’s US Rep., Matt Gaetz:

Florida Republican who tried to abolish EPA says toxic algae crisis is 'horrifying'
"The American people are drowning in rules and regulations promulgated by unelected bureaucrats..."

He got that part right, anyway
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2458&start=340

Seems it's more about bloodthirst than intellectual or moral consistency.
they left out that he drives drunk and doesn't have to follow the law.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:44 pm
Large-animal vets regularly put down thousand-pound horses - quickly, reliably, and apparently painlessly. A sedative, followed by high dose barbiturates sends them off the the pasture over the rainbow in a humane manner. Same drugs and process would surely work for a 200-or-so pound convict.
Despite a firing squad being quicker and more humane, this is another point that my buds and I have discussed since I got into this thread. (FYI, there's 7 of us; 4 against capital punishment)
A rancher friend of mine in Montana had a horse step into a prairie dog hole and shattered it's leg from the ankle up. As O Really described, the vet administered a shot that knocked the horse out; one shot from a captive bolt, and it's over. Why spend thousands on exotic cocktails of expensive b.s.?
Given that though, a firing squad is still the best method because someone would have to hold a captive bolt to the head of the prisoner.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:02 pm
What's funny is your blind projections and consistent narcissism.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:09 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:44 pm
Large-animal vets regularly put down thousand-pound horses - quickly, reliably, and apparently painlessly. A sedative, followed by high dose barbiturates sends them off the the pasture over the rainbow in a humane manner. Same drugs and process would surely work for a 200-or-so pound convict.
Despite a firing squad being quicker and more humane, this is another point that my buds and I have discussed since I got into this thread. (FYI, there's 7 of us; 4 against capital punishment)
A rancher friend of mine in Montana had a horse step into a prairie dog hole and shattered it's leg from the ankle up. As O Really described, the vet administered a shot that knocked the horse out; one shot from a captive bolt, and it's over. Why spend thousands on exotic cocktails of expensive b.s.?
Given that though, a firing squad is still the best method because someone would have to hold a captive bolt to the head of the prisoner.

What makes you think that the cost of the drugs is relevant to the conversation, or are you grasping for another strawman?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 pm
What makes you think that the cost of the drugs is relevant to the conversation, or are you grasping for another strawman?
It's about time you got out of bed. Welcome to the thread, Mr. Sandman.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The drugs used to put down a horse aren't all that expensive.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:22 pm
My point exactly; plus it doesn't take a college degree to insert a needle into a vein.

Lethal injection or firing squad are the best methods of execution. The electric chair produces way more pain and suffering; the gas chamber literally smothers you to death. My greatest fear is smothering which makes me highly claustrophobic.

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:32 pm
O Really wrote:
My point exactly; plus it doesn't take a college degree to insert a needle into a vein.

Vet tech certification is required most - or many - place, and/or specific training. There's a bit more than just inserting a needle into a vein.
Average cost to euthanize a horse, though, is under $500. No reason for it to cost more to do a criminal.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:32 pm
O Really wrote:

Lethal injection or firing squad are the best methods of execution. The electric chair produces way more pain and suffering; the gas chamber literally smothers you to death. My greatest fear is smothering which makes me highly claustrophobic.
Lethal injection is torturous on purpose. Read about it more, it's a horrible awful practice. They could use other drugs, but they want to make it as painful as possible.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

bannination wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:47 pm
Lethal injection is torturous on purpose. Read about it more, it's a horrible awful practice. They could use other drugs, but they want to make it as painful as possible.
I wonder how much caring compassion a killer had on his victim; say specifically a 9 year old girl he had brutally raped before he killed her...
and you all want to abolish the death penalty. :shock: :shock: :ateeth:

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 pm
bannination wrote:
I wonder how much caring compassion a killer had on his victim; say specifically a 9 year old girl he had brutally raped before he killed her...
If all you want is retribution, wouldn't it be better to hang him up by his balls and peel off a foot or so of skin every day?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Torture is illegal under US and international law.
International treaties are the "supreme law of the land" according to the US Constitution.
Leo Lyons despises our law and Constitution, and wishes us to emulate the rapists and killers of 9 year old girls. Shame.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:39 pm
If all you want is retribution, wouldn't it be better to hang him up by his balls and peel off a foot or so of skin every day?
Better yet, let the punishment fit the crime...oh wait, the Vredeism Doctrine dictates that would be "torture" because it would call for the system to "emulate the (crime committed by) rapists and killers of 9 year old girls". That would be a shame.

O Really
Admiral

Well, no, "torture" is what it is, and has a legal definition. But the point is, a somewhat civilized society has a responsibility to capture and punish wrongdoers, but not necessarily by any means imaginable, and certainly not by becoming less civilized in the process.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:43 pm
Leo Lyons despises our law and Constitution, and wishes us to emulate the rapists and killers of 9 year old girls. Shame.
We're extremely fortunate that your dumbassedness is not contagious nor can be spread through cyber space.
Go find yourself some petitions and British op-eds to post and stay out of forums that require adult opinions.
Do you have public playgrounds in your area? I'm sure there's some kids with your mentality level that needs bullying. Go for it.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:45 am
Well, no, "torture" is what it is, and has a legal definition. But the point is, a somewhat civilized society has a responsibility to capture and punish wrongdoers, but not necessarily by any means imaginable, and certainly not by becoming less civilized in the process.
Therein lies the answer: " a somewhat civilized society has a responsibility to capture and punish wrongdoers".
If a life is taken to satisfy lust, greed, and/or covetousness, that person should have to pay with his/her life.
Plain and simple.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 am
O Really wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:45 am
Therein lies the answer: " a somewhat civilized society has a responsibility to capture and punish wrongdoers".
If a life is taken to satisfy lust, greed, and/or covetousness, that person should have to pay with his/her life.
Plain and simple.
Do you include all those at Purdue Pharma who, to satisfy their greed for money, knowingly caused the addiction deaths of tens of thousands?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 pm
bannination wrote:
There's no reason that person needs to be tortured -- that person could potentially be innocent. At least put them down humanely if it has to be done. That's all I'm saying. Give me an option for electric chair, lethal injection (as it currently stands) or a bullet to the head.... I'm taking the bullet to the head.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

bannination wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:16 pm
There's no reason that person needs to be tortured -- that person could potentially be innocent. At least put them down humanely if it has to be done. That's all I'm saying. Give me an option for electric chair, lethal injection (as it currently stands) or a bullet to the head.... I'm taking the bullet to the head.
I've not advocated torture; that was Vrede's take who feels the death penalty is torture.
I stated that innocents are executed; either by simple error, crooked cops, crooked prosecutors or judges, lying accusers, or false self-confessors.
My stance was on the ones caught and rightfully convicted or have confessed to their crime. Yep, a bullet, or two, or three.