The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Minnesota, again :roll: Hennepin County (Minneapolis):
‘Please help me.’ Inmate begged for help before jail staff let him die, lawsuit says
:cry: :ateeth: :obscene-birdiered: Jailers and nurse/s also need to be prosecuted.

Sheffield in northwestern Alabama:
Off-duty cop ‘brutally’ beat man at liquor store, police say. Now man sues for $50M
Black victim, White cops, of course :angry-cussing: Violent cop's accessory cops also need to be prosecuted.

Loveland, CO:
False DUI arrest leads to $400,000 settlement for wrongly accused driver, lawsuit says
:---P

Savannah, GA:
Innocent man accused of murder was jailed — forcing family into homelessness, suit says
Black victim, lying White cop, of course :angry-cussing:

America.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hit by car after being left at dump by police, Northern California woman wins huge settlement

I'm happy for the settlement, but what a sad article. No word on whether the asshole cops have been disciplined or fired. 1312.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:57 am
Pigs being lying pigs, Miami-Dade Police at a Sept 'Canes football game:

‘It just ruined my career': Nurse's arrest at UM game caught on video raises questions

It also sucks that in FL charges without any conviction lead to:
... “Financially, it's killed me and then professionally, it's just ruined my career,” Kotnik said.

Kotnik, who makes his living as a nurse, shared a letter from the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, letting him know he is disqualified from working with a health care provider licensed by the agency.

The agency didn’t provide any information about the status of the case or the letter, just explaining its staff reviews background checks for employment in health care facilities regulated by the agency in accordance to Florida law....
Randy Kotnik was supposed to be tried for the one remaining misdemeanor charge in January, but there's no update on this S FL NBC site. Maybe prosecutors dropped that bogus charge, too. Go 'Canes.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:59 am
I only saw black people being attacked. I wonder if they only attacked blacks, or did they attack homeless white people too?
-0-?

NW FL. Watch out for bears on the highways:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymbaPPlo3Ag
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Family of Black girls handcuffed by Colorado police, held at gunpoint reach $1.9 million settlement

I have no opinion on the appropriate size of these settlements, but good for them.
... An investigation by prosecutors found no evidence the officers committed any crimes, in part because they found they were following their training for conducting a high-risk stop of what they suspected was a stolen vehicle. However, they said the incident was “unacceptable and preventable” and urged police to review their policies to ensure nothing like it happens again.

One of the officers who stopped the car, Darian Dasko, was suspended for 160 hours. He and the other officer, Madisen Moen, still work for the department....

This settlement also marks the latest Aurora has been forced to pay out over police misconduct. The city settled for $15 million in 2021 with the parents of Elijah McClain. The 23-year-old Black man was killed in 2019 after he was stopped as he walked down the street, placed in a neck hold and injected with a sedative. One police officer also was convicted in his death and two others were acquitted. Two paramedics were also convicted.

A state civil rights investigation — launched amid outrage over McClain’s death and released after Gilliam’s lawsuit was filed — found a deeply engrained culture of racially biased policing in the department.
If Aurora is still able to get insurance the premiums must be sky high.
... Amid shouting and crying, police soon realized their mistake. While the department’s system notified them that Gilliam’s Dodge with Colorado license plates was stolen, the vehicle that was actually stolen was a motorcycle with the same license plate number in Montana....
:wtf:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

VIDEOS: Sheriff’s office releases body cam videos of when deputies shot woman in her east Harris County apartment

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas – The Harris County Sheriff’s Office released body camera videos Saturday of their deputies who shot a woman multiple times in her apartment in east Harris County, as they responded to a burglary call....

Deputies then fired their weapons, and the 28-year-old woman, who lived in the apartment, was shot multiple times....
Opps. White cops, Black victim, of course.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

New Oceanside cop car.
(That Primo Market in the clip is where I buy the best tri-tip and other barbeque anywhere in SoCal. :-|| )

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:48 pm
New Oceanside cop car.
(That Primo Market in the clip is where I buy the best tri-tip and other barbeque anywhere in SoCal. :-|| )
I like the original better.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo :lol: :thumbup:
O Really wrote:
New Oceanside cop car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBy0rWnpN-E
Are there really so many lowriders in Oceanside that it's important to "bridge the gap" to them, or is the Police Chief just living out a teen fantasy with your tax dollars?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:01 am
GoCubsGo :lol: :thumbup:
O Really wrote:
New Oceanside cop car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBy0rWnpN-E
Are there really so many lowriders in Oceanside that it's important to "bridge the gap" to them, or is the Police Chief just living out a teen fantasy with your tax dollars?
"North County Coastal", including all the beach towns from La Jolla up, isn't a particular hotbed of lowriders. We have them, but their native habitat is mostly south and a bit inland. The Chula Vista and National City police would seem to be a better choice. Escondido has a regular Friday night cruise during the late spring and summer and a bunch of lowriders show up there.

I'm guessing "bridging the gap" has little to do with it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:24 am
"North County Coastal", including all the beach towns from La Jolla up, isn't a particular hotbed of lowriders. We have them, but their native habitat is mostly south and a bit inland. The Chula Vista and National City police would seem to be a better choice. Escondido has a regular Friday night cruise during the late spring and summer and a bunch of lowriders show up there.

I'm guessing "bridging the gap" has little to do with it.
:D Oceanside can loan/rent the car out when those other towns have lowrider emergencies.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Notice the article doesn't say whether the owner was convicted. Leaving aside my opposition to the entire drug war, I'm okay with asset seizures IF they are tied to a directly relevant conviction. Otherwise, it's just official theft.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

IMNVHO it's always just official theft unless it's part of collection of a legal judgement. If a guy owes $100,000 and can't/won't pay, sure - take his car and his dog. But otherwise, it shouldn't be taken.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

‘I am living a horror movie’: Gabriela Cueli blames Miami-Dade police for father’s shooting death
Alleged witness of police shooting: ‘Two black Ram Trucks pulled up and just started shooting’

On his own property and doing NOTHING wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiBkoyrVFlk

I include the video to give a better sense of the family's anguish and because of 1:05, a pig saying this "gives you a great understanding of the dangers officers face every day."
:bs: :angry-cussing: :bs: :angry-cussing: :bs: :angry-cussing:
The cops were never endangered and they are murderers.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Henderson, NV:
Video shows Henderson police beating store employee who tried to help, city to pay victim $450K

The bad cop and cops are one thing, 1312, but the PD coverup, the Henderson stonewalling, the 4 year delay for justice and the lack of any punishment for the bad cops is unacceptable. This is why we have so many costly pigs out there.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Opinion
DeSantis sends state troopers to halt Florida spring break crime. What about Trump's Mar-a-Lago?

Frank Cerabino, Palm Beach Post

... Mar-a-Lago is the crime-committing, havoc-causing capital of Florida. If you’re going to take a stand against wanton lawlessness in Florida – and put down a meaningful endorsement for the rule of law – there’s no better place to start than Insurrection Central, headquarters for the malcontents looking to start a new civil war....

So yes, spring break has led to some bad behavior. But it helps to keep things in context.

Spring break in Florida is far less harmful to the average Floridian than the annual spring session of the Florida Legislature.

Do you think I’m fooling? Here’s a taste: This session, state lawmakers OK'd allowing lenders to charge up to 36% interest on consumer loans. That’s institutional thievery on a grand scale, where those who “pay the price” are not criminals. DeSantis vetoed it.

Furthermore, if teenagers and young adults are so dangerous, why are Florida lawmakers always trying to lower the age of buying assault rifles to 18?
:---P
If you look at comparative harm, spring breakers aren’t a top-tier law-and-order menace in Florida. They certainly don’t measure up to the security threats coming from former President Donald Trump and his oceanfront Palm Beach lair.

Your average Mar-a-Lago bathroom is a much more consequential crime scene than any beach bar’s wet-T-shirt contest. You’re not going to find misplaced national secrets at the Elbo Room Beach Bar in Fort Lauderdale.

And the visitors to Mar-a-Lago pose a much bigger threat to all of us than some fraternity bro from an out-of-state university.

For example, last weekend, Trump got pointers on how to sharpen his dictator skills from a seasoned pro, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban....
:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:
It’s too bad that the DeSantis strike force wasn’t deployed outside Mar-a-Lago to remind Trump that we have three branches of government, not a “boss” who dictates on every issue.

And that just like with misbehaving spring breakers, there’s a point where enough is enough.
:clap: Excellent column. FU, Fascist DerSantis and TRE45QN!!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:39 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:37 pm
Mississippi 'goon squad' officers are part of larger law enforcement problem, experts say
Experts say rogue groups like the so-called Mississippi goon squad have long been a problem in the U.S.

Tragic article.

Are they really "rogue" when they are created, tolerated, defended, and covered up by their PDs? 1312.

Attorney calls for Rankin County sheriff’s resignation after 6 plead guilty

:clap: Oust the "leadership".
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:21 am
Nothing rogue about doing what the boss man says
:clap: neoplacebo says he's writing the Sheriff. That prompted me to do the same. Appalachian hominys represent! 8-)
March 20, 2024

Sheriff Bryan Bailey
Rankin County Sheriff's Office
221 N Timber Street
Brandon, Mississippi 39042

Re:
6 former Mississippi law officers to be sentenced for torture of 2 Black men
https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-former-mis ... 44273.html

Mississippi ex-deputy gets 20-year sentence in racist torture of 2 Black men
https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-former-mis ... 44273.html

Deplorable Sheriff Bailey,

There's nothing "rogue" about it when the "Goon Squad" was created, tolerated, defended, and covered up by you and your equally detestable "leadership" team. All were just doing what the Boss Man (you) said. You have brought incalculable shame upon your department, Rankin County and LEOs everywhere.

You should have resigned long ago, just as decent, accountable and honorable leaders have done throughout history. Do you have any of these attributes? Do it now and take your entire vile team with you. If not, I wish upon you exactly what happened to Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Terrell Parker. For the record, this is a hope, NOT a threat. I know what crybabies some cops are.

Also, your online complaint form is USELESS, another example of your FAILED tenure. It's unwieldy, time-consuming, overly complex and nitpicky. I went through it once, but it timed out due to all the quirks. Fortunately, I had saved all my text and sped through a second time only to get this message:

"I'm sorry, but there was an error detected in your response.
"We are sorry, but your submission failed our content check. Please adjust the contents of your submission to use more precise language. If you continue to have an issue, please contact us at 877-634-3468, option 2."

"content check" = Some real 1984 BS.

Ironically, the note is imprecise as to exactly what content needs adjustment, which just makes RCSD look stupid.

I'm using this snail mail, but no doubt countless others gave up out of frustration. Oh wait, that's the point with a Sheriff as irresponsible as you are, isn't it? Gotta keep those complaint numbers artificially low, right?

Disdainfully yours,
(Vrede too)
20 years. 1 down, 5 to go. U.S. District Judge Tom Stewart Lee is doing all of the sentencing and was appointed by Ronald Reagan.
:---P x 20 x 6

Draft, won't be printed and sent until tomorrow in case you see anything I should fix.
1312. ETTD.