The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I recommend he shoot himself if he can ever find his gun. Dumbass.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:Thanks.
http://www.mcdowellsheriff.org/

Hi folks,

Re: SBI: Drugs in ex-cop's locker
http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20 ... r-s-locker

Have the recent events caused you to reassess your determination that former Buncombe County Sheriff’s lieutenant Jason Nathaniel Honeycutt's version of events was believable in the shooting of a dog near Catawba Falls earlier this year?

Sincerely,
Nice; I wager 50-50 you get any sort of reply.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:No, there won't be a reply and probably wouldn't be one even if I was a McDowell County resident. However, there could possibly be some action if they hear the same from many folks (hint hint).
I may send a note myself. I've seen the McDowell sheriff on tv several times....can't remember his name, but he seems to be a pretty straight up guy. Too bad the "good old boy" syndrome prevented them from charging this moron. Maybe he should have been shooting estrogen instead of testosterone. :shock:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote:One has to wonder whether the testosterone made him nutty or the need for testosterone made him compensate.
I'm not a doc, and don't even play one on TV, but I think if one has an actual testosterone deficiency it gets treated with prescription version stuff under medical instruction.

O Really
Admiral

I wonder how we could get an article with a headline like "Fired Buncombe deputy was in 'roid rage when he shot the Border Collie; McDowell cops covered it up"

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:
O Really wrote:I wonder how we could get an article with a headline like "Fired Buncombe deputy was in 'roid rage when he shot the Border Collie; McDowell cops covered it up"
I'll chip in for that ad.
I sent my email message to sheriff Dudley Greene; it broached the question of how much of a factor the "good old boy" syndrome played in the choice not to file charges against blockhead Honeycutt. I closed with something like "congratulations on a job that could have been well done. Better luck next time." I wanted to sign it Snideley Whiplash, since the sheriff is Dudley (Do Right) but the deal was you had to fill out their form with your name and address in order to send comments. I suppose the good old boys in McDowell County like to just forget about this issue. Or maybe Honeycutt will soon be a McDowell deputy, since they evidently think well of him. Who's to say?

O Really
Admiral

http://now.msn.com/police-officer-shoot ... n-st-louis

Cop shoots at dog, hits partner - dog escapes... ROFLMAO!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Hey Larry! Hey Moe! Looks like the cop who got shot also got bit; that's what I infer from that. Where's that ex deputy Honeycutt? He can sure as hell take care of a dog, but not a black felon or a gun after shooting a dog.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:Hey Larry! Hey Moe! Looks like the cop who got shot also got bit; that's what I infer from that. Where's that ex deputy Honeycutt? He can sure as hell take care of a dog, but not a black felon or a gun after shooting a dog.
You're insulting Larry and Moe. Seriously, why, other than some major defiency disorder would the idiot try to actually shoot the dog instead of, for example, scaring him off? What - is it a job requirement for cops to have muttophobia?

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:I'll guess it doesn't always work, but I've never in my whole life - lots and lots of door hangers/leaflets - not had a mean dog outdoors back off when I pretended to grab a rock and prep for throwing it at him/her.
Well, if you go out door to door again, get a container of "Spray Shield." Not harmful, primarily citronella, but will stop a dog in his tracks. You'd think cops would have heard of such a thing, wouldn't you? Naaa, too much fun just to shoot them. :roll:

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Pretty much all of them carry the stronger pepper spray and tasers. I've carried pepper spray for potential close quarter use but the fake rock has always worked. With all the mail carriers, meter readers, etc. carrying spray I wonder if mean dogs also recognize spray cans as a reason to back off.
Sure, and I carry pepper spray or stun gun on hikes - sometimes bear spray - as well as in the car for general principles. But that stuff can be pretty miserable if it comes back on you. For getting rid of those vicious kid-eating Border Collies, the Spray Shield is a good tool. Point being, no matter what other weapons they may have had or had access to, the cops decided to shoot. Love it when karma bites (or shoots back)

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

A 440 volt cattle prod is also a handy device to have in a perilous situation.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:A 440 volt cattle prod is also a handy device to have in a perilous situation.
Maybe, but most of them are a lot of length to carry around if they can't also be used as a baton. Having to strike forward as in a spear movement is a disadvantage because it is fairly easily defended. But they do make some shorter versions, basically a stun gun.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

O Really wrote: Sure, and I carry pepper spray or stun gun on hikes - sometimes bear spray - as well as in the car for general principles. But that stuff can be pretty miserable if it comes back on you. For getting rid of those vicious kid-eating Border Collies, the Spray Shield is a good tool. Point being, no matter what other weapons they may have had or had access to, the cops decided to shoot. Love it when karma bites (or shoots back)
You carry a stun gun on a hike? Just out of curiosity what scenario do you see occurring that would require a stun gun?

There do seem to be a lot more bears around the past couple years. I've seen four in the last couple weeks alone but I can't imagine a case where a stun gun would be helpful in the back country. Rabid fox attack maybe?
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

O Really
Admiral

Ombudsman wrote:
You carry a stun gun on a hike? Just out of curiosity what scenario do you see occurring that would require a stun gun?
Not usually, but occasionally. My concern on trails is more the two-legged varmit than bears. I occasionally go to places where "you can hear banjos" not too far off the trail. ;)

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Do they have variable settings? Sometimes the niece and/or nephew gets whiny.
No, but I'd think a good air pop would get their attention. :lol:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I don't hike, but if I were out in the wilderness, I would feel better being armed with a weapon that shoots fire and makes a lot of noise. Perhaps something like a 357 revolver. Or even a 45 caliber Colt Combat Commander, the standard watch weapon on a naval vessel in my time. Besides, some deranged dipshit like ex deputy Honeycutt could come waltzing by high on testosterone just looking for trouble. This would all be entirely off the NSA dragnet as well. ok

O Really
Admiral

So you would remember the weight of that .45? Now add that to the rest of your gear. Now walk mostly uphill for 10 miles. I might go with a firearm some places, but you also have to remember how easy you can get into a world of shit you can get into for shooting (or even shooting at) somebody even if you might be in the right.

O Really
Admiral

That service.45 that Neo hypothetically wanted to carry weighs close to four pounds loaded - about the same as a half gallon of water. Well worth it if you're going somewhere that really is dangerous. Not so much if the danger is mostly in your own head.

I have twice encountered two-legged varmits in the woods when I was happy to have a weapon that I knew how to use, even though I didn't actually have to use it. I'm much more cautious to be prepared if I'm traveling interstates at night in case of break down or even rest areas in places where there are no guards, and even more so if I'm traveling through the boonies.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

neoplacebo wrote:I don't hike, but if I were out in the wilderness, I would feel better being armed with a weapon that shoots fire and makes a lot of noise. Perhaps something like a 357 revolver. Or even a 45 caliber Colt Combat Commander, the standard watch weapon on a naval vessel in my time. Besides, some deranged dipshit like ex deputy Honeycutt could come waltzing by high on testosterone just looking for trouble. This would all be entirely off the NSA dragnet as well. ok
Probably good you don't hike then.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.