CPF: Never let A Crisis Go to Waste

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

CPF: Never let A Crisis Go to Waste

Unread post by bannination »

Solar:
Need proof how libs use tragedy and victims of tragedy to further their agenda?
The graph is from demandaction.org a Dim connected group with the sole purpose of exploiting gun tragedy by psychos to benefit their agenda.

Note the last tragedy and how Husein personally led the charge to ban guns.
But also remember the backlash from the people of America that wanted no part of the Marxists agenda.

Nope, the graph is from https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6906973184/hDA7E3176/

What is the graph saying? Who knows.

Dem Connected group? Yup, Republican too.
Demand Action is a campaign of Mayors Against Illegal Guns -- a national, bipartisan coalition of mayors working to make America’s communities safer by keeping illegal guns out of dangerous hands.

bannination
Captain

Re: CPF: Never let A Crisis Go to Waste

Yup 90% of the population are obviously libs.

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:
bannination wrote:...What is the graph saying? Who knows...
:lol: Solar is slated to learn labeling the vertical axis next semester. How many then posted as if he'd made sense?
None yet... give them time.... it's a slow day over there on the top ten internet forum!

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Mad American »

bannination wrote:Image

Yup 90% of the population are obviously libs.
We'll see in about 19 months now won't we. The gun owning electorate is a powerful force that was mistakenly taken for granted by Clinton and his minions in the '90's. Seems "poll data" seemed very similar then too, so they passed their gun control plan. Problem was the sleeping giant stirred and one of the most resounding changes of congressional power in history occurred. I would not be counting my chickens yet banni. Feinsteins weapons ban has already been tossed and must come back as an amendment due to it's toxicity to those who seek re-election. You would think if so many people supported the lib plan then it would have sailed right through but it didn't. I guess a few career politicians in DC remember what happens when you start stomping on The Constitution.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

We'll see in about 19 months now won't we. The gun owning electorate is a powerful force that was mistakenly taken for granted by Clinton and his minions in the '90's.
What you dumb asses don't get is that the gun owning electorate are not all whack jobs who oppose every sensible gun restriction.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Mad American wrote:
We'll see in about 19 months now won't we. The gun owning electorate is a powerful force that was mistakenly taken for granted by Clinton and his minions in the '90's. Seems "poll data" seemed very similar then too, so they passed their gun control plan. Problem was the sleeping giant stirred and one of the most resounding changes of congressional power in history occurred. I would not be counting my chickens yet banni. Feinsteins weapons ban has already been tossed and must come back as an amendment due to it's toxicity to those who seek re-election. You would think if so many people supported the lib plan then it would have sailed right through but it didn't. I guess a few career politicians in DC remember what happens when you start stomping on The Constitution.
You assume much, Grasshopper. You assume that the Gingrich/Contract with America Revolution was due to the "assault weapons" ban. Fails just as epically as most of your assumptions.

Cluebus: People supporting an issue and that same issue sailing through Congress are two different things.

Personally, I don't think it will make much difference. The paranoid ideologues (the 33%) are going to vote for the radical right anyway. The rest of the country probably isn't going to make this a defining issue. I may be crazy, but I think the economy will be a much bigger issue.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:
Mad American wrote:...I guess a few career politicians in DC remember what happens when you start stomping on The Constitution.
What you wingnuts don't get is that it's not in The Constitution. Even Scalia said as much.

What everybody needs to know about our Constitution and gun control

The Surprising Unknown History of the NRA: For most of its history, the NRA supported gun control laws and did not see government as the enemy.

Even most gun owners think you're on the gun industry shilling fringe, as the post you responded to makes clear.
I don't think the NRA is a gun industry shill as much as it is a for-profit organization that's discovered a failsafe business model -- just push the fear buttons of the paranoid and keep that money flowing in. Dumb and Dumber Wayne has them all in a lather over a UN treaty that has nothing to do with private arms in the U.S. I bet LaPierre goes to $2 million a year in another year or two.

Mad American
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Mad American »

All I said was we will see in about 19 months....We will see just how much of the American electorate really supports gun restrictions...I say that and liberal lap dog pack here attacks with a fury. I'd say that says tons about their confidence in their position :lol: Your liberal anti-gun agenda is falling apart again and ya'll can't stand it. Hell, Feinstein could not even get her bill to the floor for a vote before it was shot down. So again...I guess we will see now won't we???? :---P

bannination
Captain

Heh, I learned something today; I have a liberal anti-gun agenda. Excuse me, gotta go clean my guns.
:think:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mad American wrote:All I said was we will see in about 19 months....We will see just how much of the American electorate really supports gun restrictions...I say that and liberal lap dog pack here attacks with a fury. I'd say that says tons about their confidence in their position :lol: Your liberal anti-gun agenda is falling apart again and ya'll can't stand it. Hell, Feinstein could not even get her bill to the floor for a vote before it was shot down. So again...I guess we will see now won't we???? :---P
You're probably right, but not necessarily for the reasons you think. Most voters are not "one-issue" people, and it's activists that drive agenda. Most voters aren't going to dump a candidate because s/he is owned by the NRA if s/he is otherwise acceptable or at least not overtly awful. The candidates will consider which way brings them more danger - voting against the NRA or not. They'll generally opt for "not" because it hasn't hurt them in the past - and voters have short memories.

bannination
Captain

Not a single person questioned Solar's bullshit on this topic. LOL, that's a special kind of stupidity.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Mad American wrote:All I said was we will see in about 19 months....We will see just how much of the American electorate really supports gun restrictions...I say that and liberal lap dog pack here attacks with a fury. I'd say that says tons about their confidence in their position :lol: Your liberal anti-gun agenda is falling apart again and ya'll can't stand it. Hell, Feinstein could not even get her bill to the floor for a vote before it was shot down. So again...I guess we will see now won't we???? :---P
Do you understand what a straw man argument is?

Ombudsman
Ensign

bannination wrote:Not a single person questioned Solar's bullshit on this topic. LOL, that's a special kind of stupidity.
They're not allowed to.

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:
bannination wrote:Not a single person questioned Solar's bullshit on this topic. LOL, that's a special kind of stupidity.
They're all slated to learn labeling the vertical axis next semester.
I'm not sure they're ready for anything that advanced.

Ombudsman
Ensign

I got a kick out of this one for multiple reasons:

Quiller "Maybe we need to start seriously taxing things liberals like, such as Ikea. Whole Foods. Birkenstocks. Designer clothing. Then remove tax deductions for NPR and deny a tax deduction for union dues, and for dependents in the case of so-called homosexual "marriage.""

The guy retired from the military and he's complaining about taxes.