Pentagon bloat, etc. thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Pentagon bloat, etc. thread

Unread post by Ulysses »

Note:

When I was just a kid in grammar school, my older brother got snookered into participating in a musical production at his school. The musical was, of course, Oklahoma!. For some strange reason, his Big Number was the title song. Can you guess what that was? Yup, OKLAHOMA!.

Well, being brothers were were always sparring about this or that, and I lost no time in making his life miserable every time he tried to rehearse the damn song at home. Something something about how the waving wheat smells so sweet when the wind comes bringing in the rain. Gawd awful.

So, I only mention this, in order to ask, did you ever partake in a musical production on board the USS Oklahoma? Did you sing the title song? If so, I might be persuaded, for a small fee, to put you in touch with my brother.

How about it, Hominy?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I was never on the Oklahoma City. I was on the USS Lockwood (FF-1064) which was part of the US 7th fleet.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:23 am
...So, I only mention this, in order to ask, did you ever partake in a musical production on board the USS Oklahoma? Did you sing the title song? If so, I might be persuaded, for a small fee, to put you in touch with my brother.

How about it, Hominy?
You're no hominy, as we've already pointed out:
viewtopic.php?p=146845#p146845
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:18 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:35 am
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:28 pm
Who's "Hominy"?
I'm hominy. vrede too is hominy. You're not hominy. Hominy is a white version of the common vernacular blacks refer to as homey. It refers to folks who have similar sensibilities and life experiences. See, if you were hominy this would not have to be explained.
I think of it as a southern White homey, and apply it to former southerners as well as current ones. So, all of the regular posters here are our hominies, except for Useless.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:33 am
I was never on the Oklahoma City. I was on the USS Lockwood (FF-1064) which was part of the US 7th fleet.
You made that clear with your first post on the tangent:
viewtopic.php?p=149030#p149030
Useless struggles with even the most basic comprehension, as you've often posted.

Impressive:

Charles A. Lockwood
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
OIC.

I don't think anyone wrote a musical titled "Lockwood!". But if they did write one, would you want to be in it?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:20 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
OIC.

I don't think anyone wrote a musical titled "Lockwood!". But if they did write one, would you want to be in it?
Well, punchy, nobody ever made a musical titled "Oklahoma City" either but you went with it anyway. I myself don't do musicals. But I suggest you immediately apply for the lead in the next production of "Les Miserables" or "Cats." Make us proud.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:36 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:20 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
OIC.

Well, punchy, nobody ever made a musical titled "Oklahoma City" either but you went with it anyway. I myself don't do musicals. But I suggest you immediately apply for the lead in the next production of "Les Miserables" or "Cats." Make us proud.
Perhaps you should try your hand at "Shuffle Off To Buffalo". Or, just try dancing with a buffalo. Better yet, just try getting the lead in Okilydokily Hominnominonimina. You'd be a shoe-in. Or a shoe-out.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
I think he's having a seizure. It seems to happen a lot when he screws things up like place you on a ship that you clearly said you weren't on. Convenient.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:52 pm
Perhaps you should try your hand at "Shuffle Off To Buffalo". Or, just try dancing with a buffalo. Better yet, just try getting the lead in Okilydokily Hominnominonimina. You'd be a shoe-in. Or a shoe-out.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
You OK?
Did you help build, repair, or serve in the United States Navy or other branch of the Armed Forces aboard the USS Lockwood | FF 1064? If so, then you were likely exposed to Asbestos.
https://shepardlawfirm.com/practice-are ... d-ff-1064/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:58 pm
I think he's having a seizure. It seems to happen a lot when he screws things up like place you on a ship that you clearly said you weren't on. Convenient.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:00 pm
(Run away)
Yep, that's exactly what I meant. Thanks.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Awww....

Poor baby!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:24 pm
( :crybaby: )
Translation: Waaa. Am not, you are, waaa!
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

There's that rat scratching again!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:34 pm
( :crybaby: )
Poor baby.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrudy just can't seem to keep up...
Sad...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:10 pm
(Vrede too) just can't seem to keep up...
Sad...
Project much?
viewtopic.php?p=149040#p149040
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:37 am
neoplacebo wrote:
You made that clear with your first post on the tangent:
viewtopic.php?p=149030#p149030
Useless struggles with even the most basic comprehension, as you've often posted.
Sad...
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:58 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:52 pm
Well, it is way past his bedtime. Maybe he ate that fucking mushroom.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:04 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
You OK?
Did you help build, repair, or serve in the United States Navy or other branch of the Armed Forces aboard the USS Lockwood | FF 1064? If so, then you were likely exposed to Asbestos.
Are you fucking kidding me? I'm better than ok. Never ask again.
And I slept on the lower bunk of a three tier arrangement just on the other side of a bulkhead that had a six inch steam line hard up on the other side of that bulkhead. It was wrapped with several inches of asbestos insulation. The pipe would make loud "bam" sounds periodically as it cooled down or heated up. I have an immunity to asbestos and once had an asbestos shirt. Hell, I used to sprinkle asbestos on salads until they banned it.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:25 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:04 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
You OK?
Are you fucking kidding me? I'm better than ok. Never ask again.
And I slept on the lower bunk of a three tier arrangement just on the other side of a bulkhead that had a six inch steam line hard up on the other side of that bulkhead. It was wrapped with several inches of asbestos insulation. The pipe would make loud "bam" sounds periodically as it cooled down or heated up. I have an immunity to asbestos and once had an asbestos shirt. Hell, I used to sprinkle asbestos on salads until they banned it.
Well, that may explain a lot.

And it's been apparent for quite a while that you are not, in fact, OK. There's some serious dementia going on in your noggin.

NTTAWWT

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Did you eat that mushroom?