charity in the true hannity style

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

charity in the true hannity style

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

reckon ol sean missed this list. does anyone know if he closed down his veterans charaity after it was exposed that less than 4% when to the cause

here are some more to watch out for

the following is nothing but a scam, preying of good people

Here are the 10 worst charities in America from the list compiled by the Center for Investigative Reporting and the Tampa Bay Times, along with the percentage of money raised that went to the supposed cause:

1.Kids Wish Network (2.5%)
2.Cancer Fund of America (0.9%)
3.Children's Wish Foundation International (10.8%)
4.American Breast Cancer Foundation (5.3%)
5.Firefighters Charitable Foundation (8.4%)
6.Breast Cancer Relief Foundation (2.2%)
7.International Union of Police Associations (0.5%)
8.National Veterans Service Fund (7.8%)
9.American Association of State Troopers (8.6%)
10.Children's Cancer Fund of America (5.3%)

best to pick just 2 or 3 and investigate before giving - there are plenty out there that do all of their overhead from a start up endowment and spend 100% of your gift for the cause.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ombudsman
Ensign

Re: charity in the true hannity style

Unread post by Ombudsman »

I'm going to start a charity called the Patriot's Right to Life and Liberty Organization. 4% will go to feed my pet turtle, Patriot. Probably make a fortune from mindless wing nuts. Especially now that the IRS is too scared to investigate my 501c3 status.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Dryer Vent
Pilot Officer

Unread post by Dryer Vent »

I keep getting calls from Breast Cancer Society - they are tenacious. We give to the Democratic Party, ACLU, Southern Poverty Law Center, and Bread for the World. I know, none of them are health-issue related. I don't trust any of the health charities that say they are helping patients.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

We seem to be getting closer and closer to not being able to hold republicans accountable to any law - no matter how clearly the law is written.

“ Lawmakers call for IRS scrutiny of Trump-backed nonprofit that aids Jan. 6 rioters”

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/17/12239904 ... rml&f=1150

Pretty simple and straightforward

“As the IRS puts it on the agency's website, "all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office."

The violations are blatant and outrageous, yet Biden’s irs, like Obama’s does nothing.

“ Take, for example, the Patriot Freedom Project's homepage, which prominently features a video of Trump at a campaign rally in September 2022.

Hughes, the Patriot Freedom Project's president and founder, spoke at that rally, which was held in support of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Mehmet Oz and gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano, both of Pennsylvania. (Both Oz and Mastriano subsequently lost in the 2022 elections.) At the event, Hughes identified herself specifically as the leader of the Patriot Freedom Project and encouraged people to support the group.”

And the list goes on and on.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”