Allow me to translate:
Buzbee said during the news conference that his office has been in contact with police and that he would provide information to them about the women who intend to sue Watson. The Houston Police Department said in a statement posted to Twitter later Friday that it was unaware of any contact it had with Buzbee regarding the allegations or the filings of any incident reports. Buzbee later wrote on social media that the contact he referenced earlier was with a detective he knows who reached out to him. Buzbee already got caught lying.
Buzbee also said he is not aware of any police reports filed before the civil suits. None of the alledged victims was injured sufficiently for them to believe it was worth filing a police report.
"That's going to be our next step," Buzbee said, noting he will do so when his clients are ready but without offering a timeline on when that would be. That would be when he's finished writing the story.
Buzbee said Watson's representatives have known about the allegations for more than a month. That was when Buzbee sent the first demand letter.
"We actually had contact with Deshaun Watson's agent/lawyer from Los Angeles, who minimized these allegations, who did not take them seriously," Buzbee said. "We wanted to resolve this matter without a lawsuit, without any publicity. We knew that once we filed a lawsuit -- Texas, of course, has an open courts provision in the constitution, so all lawsuits are public. We wanted to avoid that." So we told them if they paid up bigly, we wouldn't say anything.
Hardin on Friday issued a statement saying the allegations against Watson are "meritless." Reading from defence lawyer script 1-1.
"I'm extremely proud to represent Deshaun Watson and wholly stand behind him against what we believe are meritless allegations," Hardin's statement said. "However, we will wait to comment in detail until we've completed our review of the numerous, evolving allegations from Mr. Buzbee. We will respond next week and ask you to keep an open mind until we do so." We don't know if there's any credible evidence yet.
After Buzbee's announcement of the first lawsuit Tuesday, Watson responded on Twitter by saying that he rejected "a baseless six-figure settlement demand" and that this is "about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that." At the time of his statement, Watson said he had not seen the first lawsuit. Reading skills not being the best, Watson thought a "lawsuit" was a po-lice uniform.
"I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect," Watson said in his statement. I be gentle with my hoes and don't give them more than they want.
In Friday's news conference, Buzbee said one of the women said Watson was referred to her by a Texans athletic trainer, while another woman said Watson was referred to her by Quincy Avery, Watson's personal quarterback coach and athletic trainer.
Buzbee said that when he filed the first lawsuit on Tuesday night, he was representing only two women. Since then, the other women have come forward. After a notice went around "Have you seen this quarterback? You could be eligible for a substantial award."
The seven lawsuits filed so far depict a pattern of sexual assault against massage therapists in the Houston area. One woman alleges she was forced into oral sex during the course of the massage. Six of the lawsuits allege these were one-time encounters with Watson, but one woman alleges she was sexually assaulted by Watson on multiple occasions. That lawsuit says the first massage was booked through the spa where the licensed aesthetician worked. The six other lawsuits allege Watson first inquired about the massage through Instagram direct messages. "We don't do no happy endings."
One might wonder how it is that an NFL quarterback can't get laid without engaging in assault or unwanted attention. But he wouldn't be the first NFL guy with violence toward women issues. Any case, he's probably in worse shape now after the Atlanta spa killings than he was before.