welcome

A homage to our dear departed Liberty News Forum.
billy.pilgrim
Commodore

welcome

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

welcome, welcome one and all. may I be the 1st to say, no stupids or abes that I know of.
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: welcome

Unread post by Vrede too »

I had this random thought and could have put it in one of several different threads. I decided to affix this new one with our shared lefty-mod-righty contemporary history. Between BRD and the con forums there are probably 40 or so members, many geezers, that we're pretty familiar with. Statistically, COVID 19 will make 8 or more of us quite sick and kill one or more of us. :|

No nominations, please :problem: .
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:50 pm
I had this random thought and could have put it in one of several different threads. I decided to affix this new one with our shared lefty-mod-righty contemporary history. Between BRD and the con forums there are probably 40 or so members, many geezers, that we're pretty familiar with. Statistically, COVID 19 will make 8 or more of us quite sick and kill one or more of us. :|

May they all be on CPF.

O Really
Vice admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:50 pm

I won't post a nomination, but I'll tell you Lady O and I are making a diligent effort to make sure it's not us.

Ulysses
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

"New Liberty Forum": What a fantastic name!

What genius thought that up???

I guess it's "NLF" for short!
Now is the time for all honest Americans to unite and get rid of Trump.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 am

NLF
Spoiler:
billy.pilgrim, you old revolutionary, you. So many to choose from. Some of my favorites:

National Liberation Front for South Vietnam (NLFSV), also called "Viet Cong".
Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN) (Nicaragua) - personal experience, mostly positive

Northside Liberation Front - at one time a creation of the coolest neighborhood in the country, though we went by NSLF

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

Greg55_99

Unread post by Greg55_99 »

Oh NO you din't! :-||

Greg
"Truth MATTERS"

Ulysses
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Different, but, in a way, the same.

billy.pilgrim
Commodore

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:48 am
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 am

NLF
Spoiler:
billy.pilgrim, you old revolutionary, you. So many to choose from. Some of my favorites:

National Liberation Front for South Vietnam (NLFSV), also called "Viet Cong".
Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN) (Nicaragua) - personal experience, mostly positive

Northside Liberation Front - at one time a creation of the coolest neighborhood in the country, though we went by NSLF

?
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:41 am
?
What's your question? I thought I was clear. You intentionally or accidentally created an homage to past NLFs and I'm praising you for that. Given that the past ones are almost all left-wing, I think it's especially funny that this thread of yours is a takeoff on the right-wing LNF.

Or, is it banni's creation, with you just crafting the intro post? If so, kudos to him.

Viva la revolucion! 8-)
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Commodore

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:51 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:41 am
?
What's your question? I thought I was clear. You intentionally or accidentally created an homage to past NLFs and I'm praising you for that. Given that the past ones are almost all left-wing, I think it's especially funny that this thread of yours is a takeoff on the right-wing LNF.

Or, is it banni's creation, with you just crafting the intro post? If so, kudos to him.

Viva la revolucion! 8-)

I couldn't find where I said that or was involved.
Jonathan Swift

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:54 pm
My bad, Ulysses has the first post to this NLF forum, whether he created it or banni did. I was thrown off by your "welcome" topic. If you're not a revolutionary, so be it ;) .
-- Voltaire

Ulysses
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:07 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:54 pm
My bad, Ulysses has the first post to this NLF forum, whether he created it or banni did. I was thrown off by your "welcome" topic. If you're not a revolutionary, so be it ;) .

Banni created this forum at my request. I also suggested the name, "New Liberty Forum".

It's for everyone.

.Oomba.
Pilot Officer

Unread post by .Oomba. »

I would feel more comfortable (and after all, what else matters?) if all of y'all could please
post any old identity in this thread by which I might better know you from elsewhere. I'll start.
I was better known as rcclydeinside at Democracy Forums and as Bama_Beau at the old LNF.
I know Ulysses, Greg, limey and billy. I know that bannination was atreyu. Whom else do I know?

Also, I'd like to change my name. Not occasionally, but once. How do I go about doing that?

O Really
Vice admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I have always been O Really, here and in the old BRN forum. You won't remember me from any LNF or CPF. I've got allergies. ;)

.Oomba.
Pilot Officer

Unread post by .Oomba. »

O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:45 pm
I have always been O Really, here and in the old BRN forum. You won't remember me from any LNF or CPF. I've got allergies. ;)
Bless you.

Ulysses
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

ProudGoldfishCoddler wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:31 pm
I would feel more comfortable (and after all, what else matters?) if all of y'all could please
post any old identity in this thread by which I might better know you from elsewhere. I'll start.
I was better known as rcclydeinside at Democracy Forums and as Bama_Beau at the old LNF.
I know Ulysses, Greg, limey and billy. I know that bannination was atreyu. Whom else do I know?

Also, I'd like to change my name. Not occasionally, but once. How do I go about doing that?
I have no idea how one might change their name here. It may be something Banni and do with a wave. Just dunno.

Nice background music for the Great Depression of 2020.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I would feel more comfortable (and after all, what else matters?) if all of y'all could please post any old identity in this thread by which I might better know you from elsewhere. I'll start.
I know Ulysses, Greg, limey and billy. I know that bannination was _____.
It's not polite to publicly out other people unless they've already done it, themselves. They might still be using or want to use an alias, or might want to keep past activities confidential. We do get con lurkers. Maybe edit?
Whom else do I know?
I was Little Lulu on LNF2, and rarely her on LNF (we shared). I've been banned on CPF a few times, but that was long ago and I can't remember under which handles.
You can't. That's one of banni's rules. You can create a new account, though, and let this one go dormant. You'll only be "divorced" from 25 posts.
-- Voltaire

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I never made it past the pre registration process when I tried to join LNF as "runs with scissors." I got an email from the leader there that indicated I was on the verge of being a member and then nothing else ever happened. Soon after the whole sordid edifice self destructed. I've always been neoplacebo on here and never was on another forum except the H'ville paper's Blue Ridge Now. I was just "placebo" there, then became neoplacebo here. I considered "nuevoplacebo" and "pseudoplacebo" but in the end went with "neo."

GoCubsGo
Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

I was the Stugatz hating Cades Cove on LNF and, for a relatively brief time on CPF over a year ago.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.