Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 12184
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by O Really »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:28 am


I'd imagine next up is gonna be the swamp rabbit trail and some state parks.
Good chance of it if it gets crowded. People are idiots #covidiots

For example -
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/23/ ... king-lots/

User avatar
Whack9
Midshipman
Posts: 1103
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:40 am
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:28 am


I'd imagine next up is gonna be the swamp rabbit trail and some state parks.
Good chance of it if it gets crowded. People are idiots #covidiots

For example -
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/23/ ... king-lots/
Dupont State Forest in NC is closed
Fuck 2019 2020

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:08 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:40 am
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:28 am


I'd imagine next up is gonna be the swamp rabbit trail and some state parks.
Good chance of it if it gets crowded. People are idiots #covidiots

For example -
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/23/ ... king-lots/
Dupont State Forest in NC is closed
Another act of idiocy, a public area where social distancing is basically the norm now closed. At times like this green spaces are needed more than ever.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Democrats vote against helping the American worker.
"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

User avatar
Ulysses
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2027
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Ulysses »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm
Democrats vote against helping the American worker.
You have that backwards.

The Dems are trying to put the workers ahead of the fat cats.

No offense.
Now is the time for all honest Americans to unite and get rid of Trump.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23296
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:36 pm
... No offense.
:lol:


Trump Has Given Unusual Leeway to Fauci, but Aides Say He's Losing His Patience

There is no modern group that is more PC than the WH and ovine Trumpettes like 1 FAT CAN. Anything less than shrieking adoration for IMPOSPOTUS will not be tolerated.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 12184
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:16 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:08 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:40 am
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:28 am


I'd imagine next up is gonna be the swamp rabbit trail and some state parks.
Good chance of it if it gets crowded. People are idiots #covidiots

For example -
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/23/ ... king-lots/
Dupont State Forest in NC is closed
Another act of idiocy, a public area where social distancing is basically the norm now closed. At times like this green spaces are needed more than ever.
Distancing is normal once you get a half mile or so from the parking lots, but DuPont's got all those easily accessible waterfalls, and it's where crowds tend to get. Are they closing down the park entirely for any access, or just closing the parking lots to limit access?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23296
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Distancing is normal once you get a half mile or so from the parking lots, but DuPont's got all those easily accessible waterfalls, and it's where crowds tend to get. Are they closing down the park entirely for any access, or just closing the parking lots to limit access?
I think the roads remain open, but all parking everywhere is banned.
DuPont State Recreational Forest temporarily CLOSED to the public

Location: Temporary closure applies for DuPont SRF and Holmes ESF.

Public access is restricted due to COVID-19 safety concerns. Forest Service officials have temporarily closed DuPont State Recreational Forest and neighboring Holmes Educational State Forest effective at 10 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, restricting public access until further notice. All trails, trailheads and forest facilities are closed until further notice. Parking areas, both designated and roadside, are barricaded in the interest of public safety. “Closing state forests to the public is a decision I do not take lightly, and much consideration has been given to this decision,” said Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler. “The bottom line is that these sites are beautiful and treasured places in our state where families and visitors can make positive, lasting memories. These state forests have experienced what many state parks and beaches have, too -- unsafe and overcrowded conditions that tax these resources. This temporary closure to the public is necessary, but rest assured, it is temporary.” NCFS officials note that crowds are gathering in parking areas and trailheads which compromises the degree of social distancing needed to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus. The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the N.C. Forest Service regret that temporary closure of DSRF and HESF is necessary. NCFS officials will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring both forests are reopened when conditions allow. For updated information about public access to North Carolina State Forests during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit ncforestservice.gov/COVID19.htm and follow us on Facebook.
Not sure, but I think Gov. Cooper has been more aggressive than anywhere in the South other than possibly FL. :thumbup:
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5318
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm
Democrats vote against helping the American worker.
No, they voted against a GOP designed corporate slush fund that was to be distributed as the used car salesman Mnuchin "sees fit" and they put a stop to it. Pay attention.

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 12184
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Not sure, but I think Gov. Cooper has been more aggressive than anywhere in the South other than possibly FL. :thumbup:
You're giving DeSantis too much credit.
https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... us-1268818

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23296
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 pm
You're giving DeSantis too much credit.
https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... us-1268818
Thanks, I wasn't sure and didn't want to brag on NC unfairly. I've seen billy's griping and heard about:
... he announced that anyone flying from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut to Florida would have to undergo a 14 day self-quarantine, an announcement that drew criticism from New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who said it was not the “most enlightened approach.” ...
I thought that might indicate broad aggressiveness, but I guess not.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 12184
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:22 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 pm
You're giving DeSantis too much credit.
https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... us-1268818
Thanks, I wasn't sure and didn't want to brag on NC unfairly. I've seen billy's griping and heard about:
... he announced that anyone flying from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut to Florida would have to undergo a 14 day self-quarantine, an announcement that drew criticism from New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who said it was not the “most enlightened approach.” ...
I thought that might indicate broad aggressiveness, but I guess not.
No, that's just him being a dick.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Commodore
Posts: 7466
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

A 2 year old in my county tested positive but supposedly didn't do anything considered a risk.
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm
Democrats vote against helping the American worker.
Social distancing themselves from their voters.
"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

User avatar
Ulysses
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2027
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Location: The Left Coast

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 pm
A 2 year old in my county tested positive but supposedly didn't do anything considered a risk.
You mean besides crawling around on the floor and putting anything and everything into his/her mouth?

I wonder how many viruses get tracked in by human shoes a well as cat and dog paws... perhaps something to be said for the practice of leaving one's shoes at the door. Except most pets don't take kindly to booties.

Yeah, I know, keep the cats indoors. Right. Still gotta walk the dogs.
Now is the time for all honest Americans to unite and get rid of Trump.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23296
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

Local news: Whether getting CV-19 confers immunity is as yet unknown. Crap, I was counting on eventually getting it, not dying, and then not having to worry about it.

If it doesn't make folks immune, that really fucks with 'herd immunity' until there's a vaccine :( .
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:12 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Distancing is normal once you get a half mile or so from the parking lots, but DuPont's got all those easily accessible waterfalls, and it's where crowds tend to get. Are they closing down the park entirely for any access, or just closing the parking lots to limit access?
I think the roads remain open, but all parking everywhere is banned.
DuPont State Recreational Forest temporarily CLOSED to the public

Location: Temporary closure applies for DuPont SRF and Holmes ESF.

Public access is restricted due to COVID-19 safety concerns. Forest Service officials have temporarily closed DuPont State Recreational Forest and neighboring Holmes Educational State Forest effective at 10 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, restricting public access until further notice. All trails, trailheads and forest facilities are closed until further notice. Parking areas, both designated and roadside, are barricaded in the interest of public safety. “Closing state forests to the public is a decision I do not take lightly, and much consideration has been given to this decision,” said Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler. “The bottom line is that these sites are beautiful and treasured places in our state where families and visitors can make positive, lasting memories. These state forests have experienced what many state parks and beaches have, too -- unsafe and overcrowded conditions that tax these resources. This temporary closure to the public is necessary, but rest assured, it is temporary.” NCFS officials note that crowds are gathering in parking areas and trailheads which compromises the degree of social distancing needed to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus. The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the N.C. Forest Service regret that temporary closure of DSRF and HESF is necessary. NCFS officials will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring both forests are reopened when conditions allow. For updated information about public access to North Carolina State Forests during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit ncforestservice.gov/COVID19.htm and follow us on Facebook.
Not sure, but I think Gov. Cooper has been more aggressive than anywhere in the South other than possibly FL. :thumbup:
Yeah, ok.
DuPont State Recreational Forest is temporarily closed effective March 24, 2020.

Like many other public lands in Western North Carolina, DuPont Forest got hammered with visitors over the weekend. There were too many people unwilling to follow the social distancing guidelines putting the health of our community at risk.
https://www.dupontforest.com/dupontclosed/[i][/i]
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23296
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 pm
Yeah, ok.
Smoky Park is mostly closed, BRP facilities are mostly closed, 14 miles of the southern BRP is already closed and closing the whole thing is anticipated.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:37 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 pm
Yeah, ok.
Smoky Park is mostly closed, BRP facilities are mostly closed, 14 miles of the southern BRP is already closed and closing the whole thing is anticipated.
Saw that. Wonder if Cheetohead will reopen them for Easter?

Image
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Commodore
Posts: 7466
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:54 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 pm
A 2 year old in my county tested positive but supposedly didn't do anything considered a risk.
You mean besides crawling around on the floor and putting anything and everything into his/her mouth?

I wonder how many viruses get tracked in by human shoes a well as cat and dog paws... perhaps something to be said for the practice of leaving one's shoes at the door. Except most pets don't take kindly to booties.

Yeah, I know, keep the cats indoors. Right. Still gotta walk the dogs.
Bottom line - you can't do too much, but you will go crazy trying to do enough

Hard to imagine what's ahead

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... -location/

Grades states for compliance based on social media data.
Mostly shows the usual suspects.
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

Post Reply