Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
PeacefulPartier
Pilot Officer

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by PeacefulPartier »

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:24 pm
Hey PeacefulPartier - if it was shown that regardless of whatever else he did or didn't do, that Trump got a consensual blowjob from a 24-year old and said he didn't, would you consider that grounds for impeachment?
Did he say it under oath? If so, then it is a misdemeanor and it is grounds for impeachment, if the House and Senate want to impeach. Then it comes down to is the President so bad at his job that the House and 2/3's of the Senate think he should be removed. For Bill Clinton, they did not. For Trump, they will not.

To be fair, I was on the impeachment train under Clinton. But, as I look back now, I see why that was a mistake. It was a minor offense and we would have gotten Al Gore as President. Al freaking Gore! We were better off with Clinton.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

PP has abandoned laughable logic failures for straight up lying. Pitiful. The Trumpette worship and desperate deflection is strong in this one.

You lie. Al Franken's "victim", a Hooters calendar girl, says that the pic was NOT sexually harassment. Then, it turns out that the radio con lied about the forced kiss.

You lie. Dems immediately pressured Al Franken into resigning and did NOT “look the other way.”

You lie. Franken resigned just 3 weeks after Tweeden lied about him. That is NOT “quite a while”. Meanwhile, you voted for an admitted sexual assaulter and peeper on undressed mid-teen pageant girls, and you still defend him, hypocrite.

You lie. No Dems have said that black face “was fine”. Otoh, it has been fine when a Repug did it.

Byrd renounced the KKK in the 1950s, crybaby, WV Dems would be Repugs in any other state, and for over 55 years the ideological heirs of the racist southern Dems have been Repugs. Now, we have your idol, 45SHOLE:

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2019
Trump has repeatedly claimed he’s “the least racist person.” His history suggests otherwise.

YOU are the one that tolerates overt and current racism.

Not one of your accusations rises to the despicable level of coercing a foreign government into assisting a campaign with a groundless investigation of a political opponent’s family - campaign felonies and treason. Your mommy must still have to buy the apples and oranges for you.

Found:
Not verbatim and containing ellipses?
This reminds me of gaps in Nixon's tapes.

Why do you hate America and democracy?
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Who predicted that William Barr would be so much worse than Jeff Sessions in the pool?

Congrats!
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:42 pm
Who predicted that William Barr would be so much worse than Jeff Sessions in the pool?

Congrats!

Hopefully everyone knew that trump would have required loyalty the second go round.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:24 pm
Hopefully everyone knew that trump would have required loyalty the second go round.
True, but it's still very extreme. Barr was supposedly an experienced professional, and he's arguably been abetting crimes.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Congrats!
I still sort of admire John Mitchell, Nixon's AG. He always said when the going gets tough, the tough get going. And he got going, to jail. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:31 pm
I still sort of admire John Mitchell, Nixon's AG. He always said when the going gets tough, the tough get going. And he got going, to jail. :lol:
:thumbup: Christine Moynihan Barr, step up like Martha did.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:36 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:31 pm
:thumbup: Christine Moynihan Barr, step up like Martha did.
Yeah, I can recall stories about Martha Mitchell getting her drink on and raving on about "Mr President." Sort of makes me feel empathy for John.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I wonder if anyone has told Mike Pence what he thinks about all this. -0-?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:D :thumbup:
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39 pm
Yeah, I can recall stories about Martha Mitchell getting her drink on and raving on about "Mr President." Sort of makes me feel empathy for John.
Empathy rather than sympathy? :P
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:24 pm
Breaking: The acting Director of National Intelligence threatened to resign over concerns that the White House might attempt to force him to stonewall Congress when he testifies Thursday about the whistleblower complaint.
Maybe not, he denies it.

Amid calls for impeachment, a spy chief is caught between the president and Congress

Hard to say whether Maguire is a complicit sleaze or just a dupe, but POSPOTUS makes everything he touches dirtier.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Imageurl

Our new "Coverup"*President
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:58 am
... Hard to say whether (acting Director of National Intelligence) Maguire is a complicit sleaze or just a dupe, but POSPOTUS makes everything he touches dirtier.
I only watched a little while making covfefe, but I'm leaning towards complicit sleaze. One Rep. with law enforcement experience stated that in her entire career she never went to the subjects of an investigation - 45SHOLE and toady Barr now - and asked them what to do with evidence.

I don't have the patience and stomach to keep watching. We'll see what the analysts say afterwards.
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

No reason to watch right now. They're all still in the posturing phase. Dems will abuse the ummm "witnesses", Repugs will give leading "testimony" and ask the witness to affirm, witnesses will show up with their own talking points and do their best to avoid saying anything of substance. After the hearing, they'll all go out for hokey "news" conferences and spin/lie about what was said.

There, now I've save you from wasting several hours of your life. Go outside.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm
No reason to watch right now. They're all still in the posturing phase. Dems will abuse the ummm "witnesses", Repugs will give leading "testimony" and ask the witness to affirm, witnesses will show up with their own talking points and do their best to avoid saying anything of substance. After the hearing, they'll all go out for hokey "news" conferences and spin/lie about what was said.

There, now I've save you from wasting several hours of your life. Go outside.
That's largely my feeling. I've never really watched congressional testimony. That said, it's not yet clear that Maguire is a manipulative and manipulated Trumpette toady. For example:

Maguire: 'Whistleblower did the right thing'

If "the whistleblower is operating in good faith" and "did the right thing," then 45SHOLE must have done the wrong thing unless the whistleblower is ignorant or an idiot, which is unlikely.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I'd lean toward somewhat reluctant toady. McGuire isn't a career intelligence person, or even career government, unless you count Navy. As a Trump appointee, he had to know what Trump generally expected. But it's possible even so, he takes his job seriously and tries to stay out of serious partisanship. Who knows. Toady or not, he's had a pretty distinguished career so far that he probably wishes wasn't going to get trashed with Trumpscum.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:30 pm
I'd lean toward somewhat reluctant toady. McGuire isn't a career intelligence person, or even career government, unless you count Navy. As a Trump appointee, he had to know what Trump generally expected. But it's possible even so, he takes his job seriously and tries to stay out of serious partisanship. Who knows. Toady or not, he's had a pretty distinguished career so far that he probably wishes wasn't going to get trashed with Trumpscum.
I appreciate his service, but he seems to have some difficulty with early identification of the enemy and taking appropriate action ;) . Maybe it's because he's on land.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Republican predictable response to Trump getting caught reminds me of their response to Watergate - brushing it off first as "nothing to do with the President" and then just "dirty tricks" much along the same line as "boys will be boys" or Trump's "locker talk." And of course, Trump is handling the entire thing much worse than Nixon.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:30 pm
It's kind of funny; this guy has only been on the job about six weeks and here he's got this king hell shitrain to deal with. As a Navy guy, I have respect for him, especially since he was a SEAL. Those guys have about a 80% dropout rate during training; he's probably thinking "goddamn, this is worse than NAB Coronado." (the SEAL training site).

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

The whistleblower has alleged that there are more conversations and records on the secret server. Who else was Trump talking to inappropriately, why is there a need to hide these conversations?

This is going to be the 21st century version of the Nixon tapes. How long until this is a focus of the inquiry?

This shit show is just beginning.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:40 pm
It's kind of funny; this guy has only been on the job about six weeks and here he's got this king hell shitrain to deal with. As a Navy guy, I have respect for him, especially since he was a SEAL. Those guys have about a 80% dropout rate during training; he's probably thinking "goddamn, this is worse than NAB Coronado." (the SEAL training site).
He deserves a Purple Heart and an Honorable (probably) Discharge from the WH.

POSPOTUS has gone over the edge, and more people in his govt are letting us know about it.
Trump Attacks Whistleblower Sources, Suggests Complaint Is Treason: Reports
The president reportedly made the comment as acting DNI Joseph Maguire testified about the complaint before the House Intelligence Committee.

President Donald Trump on Thursday attacked anyone involved in the whistleblower complaint regarding his dealings with Ukraine as “almost a spy” and suggested their actions to expose his alleged impropriety were “treason,” reported The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times....

The Los Angeles Times posted audio of Trump’s spy remarks he reportedly made in front of a crowd of staff from the United States Mission to the United Nations in New York City.

“Basically, that person never saw the report, never saw the call, and he never saw the call — heard something and decided that he or she or whoever the hell it is — they’re almost a spy,” Trump said.

“Who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy,” the president continued. “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart with spies and treason, right? We used to handle it a little differently than we do now.” ...
Adam Schiff
@RepAdamSchiff

The President’s suggestion that those involved in the whisteblower complaint should be dealt with as "we used to do" for "spies and treason" is a reprehensible invitation to violence against witnesses in our investigation.

All Americans must denounce such witness intimidation.
The Caine Mutiny anyone?
1312. ETTD.