President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

bannination wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:58 pm
Support for Trump’s Removal Grows
More than half of Americans think President Donald Trump's behavior warrants his removal from office and 57% think he's committed an impeachable offense, according to a poll released Friday morning – unwelcome news for a president facing a Senate trial that could begin this month.
:thumbsup:
Dec 27-30 = prewar. Not sure what effect it will have, but we are a bloodthirsty, bigoted, jingoistic nation in general.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:19 pm
bannination wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:58 pm
Support for Trump’s Removal Grows
More than half of Americans think President Donald Trump's behavior warrants his removal from office and 57% think he's committed an impeachable offense, according to a poll released Friday morning – unwelcome news for a president facing a Senate trial that could begin this month.
:thumbsup:
Dec 27-30 = prewar. Not sure what effect it will have, but we are a bloodthirsty, bigoted, jingoistic nation in general.
Based on what I've seen at LNF, the wingnuts are more entrenched. No surprise. As always, it'll be the middle really that will sway the tide.

And to think, I used to think of the middle as me.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

I wouldn't consider LNF posters as the average person though, they are special types of wing-nuts.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

bannination wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:40 pm
I wouldn't consider LNF posters as the average person though, they are special types of wing-nuts.
Definitely not. Thought I was conveying that.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Re: Impeached President* Trump

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:40 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:42 pm
Half of active-duty service members are unhappy with Trump, new Military Times poll shows

Lots of data there, too much to excerpt. Almost none of it is positive for impeached President* Trump.
Sure, but will they vote? And vote Dem.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 am
O Really wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:21 pm
As with many other bits of research I've read, I'm reminded that while statistics may not lie, that statisticians definitely do.
"statisticians definitely do"
when well paid
Most people just hung up on Hillary Clinton's pollsters during her campaign.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:19 pm
... Not sure what effect it will have, but we are a bloodthirsty, bigoted, jingoistic nation in general.
Based on what I've seen at LNF, the wingnuts are more entrenched. No surprise. As always, it'll be the middle really that will sway the tide.

And to think, I used to think of the middle as me.
Perhaps not as bloodthirsty as we used to be, or Americans think impeached President* Trump is worse than our usual.
Here's What Americans Think About Trump's Iran Policy

... Forty-three percent of Americans approve of the decision to order the airstrike that killed Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani, according to the poll, with 38% disapproving and 19% unsure. (Although there’s not yet much additional polling on the strike, a separate YouGov survey found the public about evenly divided on Trump’s decision to kill Soleimani.)

... 84% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents approve of the strike, compared with the 71% of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents who disapprove.

... a 57% majority of Americans say they believe the strike makes further military conflict between the U.S. and Iran more likely than before, with just 8% expecting it to act as a deterrent and the rest unsure or saying it would have no effect either way. The public is also about evenly split on the decision to send 3,500 additional U.S. troops to the Middle East, with 40% approving and 39% disapproving.

... Americans say, 43% to 35%, that Trump did not plan carefully enough before ordering the strike. They also say, 44% to 34%, that Trump should have gotten authorization from Congress before ordering the killing.

Americans say, 46% to 40%, that they disapprove of Trump’s handling of Iran issues. Back in July 2018, a poll taken shortly after Trump tweeted an all-caps threat to Iran’s president found a similar margin of disapproval.

In the new survey, Americans say 47% to 32% that Trump does not have a clear strategy for dealing with Iran.

Half the public disapproves of Trump’s overall handling of foreign policy, with 39% approving.

1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

GoCubsGo
Admiral

bannination wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:11 pm
Germany at least seems smart enough to learn from their mistakes. Hope we can be as bright.

bannination
Captain

bannination
Captain

Promises made promises.... JESUS CHRIST.

Trump legislation added $4.7 trillion to debt: watchdog

GoCubsGo
Admiral

bannination wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:34 pm
That's got to be a Qanon secret code.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq8hbXhrwTg

Stephen Colbert: Melania did it.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I can remember seeing a tv game show that Howie Mandel used to do called "Deal or No Deal." If I knew how to get in touch with him I would urge him to resurrect the show and call it "Trump or No Trump." The idea is to describe some totally batshit stupid or just plain wrong act or event or statement and have the contestants to guess if trump actually did, organized, participated in, or said what Howie just conveyed to them. I think it would be a big hit; not to mention educational as well.
"I piss champagne." trump or no trump?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:11 pm
I can remember seeing a tv game show that Howie Mandel used to do called "Deal or No Deal." If I knew how to get in touch with him I would urge him to resurrect the show and call it "Trump or No Trump." The idea is to describe some totally batshit stupid or just plain wrong act or event or statement and have the contestants to guess if trump actually did, organized, participated in, or said what Howie just conveyed to them. I think it would be a big hit; not to mention educational as well.
Deal or No Deal has been back on CNBC for a little over a year - I don't watch. I like your idea, though. Maybe pitch it to the late night talk show hosts and see if it takes off from there.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:03 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:11 pm
Deal or No Deal has been back on CNBC for a little over a year - I don't watch. I like your idea, though. Maybe pitch it to the late night talk show hosts and see if it takes off from there.
Ah, I didn't know the show had been resurrected; I don't have cable and only get ABC CBS and FOX along with some oldies western channels. I don't watch tv much. As for my idea, I've become accustomed to others getting rich from my initial ideas.....such as my idea more than twenty some years ago to have a more accurate measure of ten yard progress in a football game instead of relying on two sticks with a ten yard chain on them....like maybe mirrors and lasers; so a few years after my idea I suddenly see a projected yellow line on the field during games that represents the first down line. I don't know how this yellow line is generated but will stick with my mirror and laser recommendation. Another one was back when "no caffeine" sodas became a rage; I thought "hell, they're thinking about this all wrong....what is needed is a soda with three of four times the caffeine of standard soda and within a couple of years "Jolt" cola comes out. Not sure how long it lasted or if it's still around. However, I cannot, and will vehemently deny that it was my idea to run a juvenile moron and pathological liar for the GOP nomination for president.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Here's some trickle down hate that I figure would not have happened if not for trumpism. A school board changes their sports team mascot name from "Redmen" to "Redhawks" and the students agreed with it. But the GOP alleged adults in the community voted the former school board members out and reinstated the old name of the mascot. Winning! But in a juvenile way.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials-ca ... 56756.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:41 pm
Here's some trickle down hate that I figure would not have happened if not for trumpism. A school board changes their sports team mascot name from "Redmen" to "Redhawks" and the students agreed with it. But the GOP alleged adults in the community voted the former school board members out and reinstated the old name of the mascot. Winning! But in a juvenile way.
I would love to see the students refuse to participate in activities under the resurrected name, but it's difficult for high school kids to take radical action like that.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:45 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:41 pm
I would love to see the students refuse to participate in activities under the resurrected name, but it's difficult for high school kids to take radical action like that.
That would be cool. I'm wondering how much it will cost to change everything back to "Redmen" like signs, letterheads, web sites, possibly uniforms; not to mention how this will be explained to the kids. I imagine they will react like this :wtf:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: The pansy got himself introduced at the same time as the schools' ROTC color guards before the anthem, as if anyone would boo them.
1312. ETTD.