President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:15 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:27 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:08 pm
Oval office address deleted scenes, comedy gold!

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status ... 53856?s=20
This Tweet is unavailable.
I'm still waiting on the one that's now ten minutes late according to the whining tweeter in chief....he squawked 3pm so it looks like along with everything else these stupid bastards can't do we can add "tell time" to the list.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDailyShow ... 7347830784
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

The markets recovered a little bit this afternoon largely because his speech today, though still whiny and error-ridden, was not as batshit crazy as the night before last. The bar is low.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Well, I watched the entire sordid spectacle. It was a true monument to the corporate and general economic potential for this public health issue to result in windfall profits for certain companies who may or may not have a reliable test kit. Basically, it was a "well, we're finally dong something concrete but while we're at it we're gonna make sure somebody makes some big bucks from this" sort of thing. There was also an underlying current of mysterious blame on others who have somehow hampered the raccoon eyed juvenile moron's timely response. Overall, it was pretty much what i expected.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:53 pm
The markets recovered a little bit this afternoon largely because his speech today, though still whiny and error-ridden, was not as batshit crazy as the night before last. The bar is low.
Donald Trump's latest tweets!:
BIGGEST STOCK MARKET RISE IN HISTORY YESTERDAY!
:roll: Math much?
Dow Jones 1/20/2009: 7949.09
Dow Jones 1/20/2010: 10603.15
33.4% growth in Obama's first year.
Dow Jones 1/20/16: 15766.74
Dow Jones 1/20/17: 19827.25
25.8% growth in Obama's last year. 300% growth from the Spring 2009 Shrub low in Obama's 8 years.
Dow Jones 2/25/20: 23,185.62
16.9% growth in impeached Dolt .45’s first 38 months, an annual growth rate of 5.3%, a far LOWER rate than both Obama’s 1st and last years. Trumpettes are sooo gullible!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump just gave the worst speech of his presidency

It’s hard to imagine that IMPOSPOTUS can achieve a new “worst” in anything, but he keeps doing it over and over.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Yeah, definitely a legend in his own mind. All his intelligence handicapped followers serve to reinforce his own delusions, which, in turn, reinforce the followers delusions. I fully expect trump to pull some kind of lunacy either before or after the election in November.....he will either try to postpone the election or even cancel it or call it a hoax when he loses.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Looks like the stock market is plunging again.

Remember last week when there was a brief rally and Trump displayed a print out of said rally with his signature?

Oops.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:46 am
Yeah, definitely a legend in his own mind. All his intelligence handicapped followers serve to reinforce his own delusions, which, in turn, reinforce the followers delusions. I fully expect trump to pull some kind of lunacy either before or after the election in November.....he will either try to postpone the election or even cancel it or call it a hoax when he loses.

Before it's all over he may actually have more books written about him than anyone else.

He's a job creator.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:33 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:46 am

Before it's all over he may actually have more books written about him than anyone else.

He's a job creator.
I consider him more of a nutjob enabler than a job creator.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:33 am

He's a job creator.
That's probably true with just counting books by disgruntled former employees and govt staff alone.

I thought I came up with a great name for a book about him but MDC, who I saw at the 1984! DNC protests in SF, beat me to it in 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXZZ1Tsj28
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4030&p=114071#p114071
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:32 am
Now he's whining, "Nobody likes me!!!"

Trump complains that all he sees in all the TV he watches is 'hatred of me at any cost'
President Trump is worried about the media, he tweeted late Sunday night, as Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and congressional leaders were furiously working to iron out differences in a massive coronavirus stimulus/bailout package. "I watch and listen to the Fake News, CNN, MSDNC, ABC, NBC, CBS, some of FOX (desperately & foolishly pleading to be politically correct), the @nytimes, & the @washingtonpost, and all I see is hatred of me at any cost," he tweeted. "Don't they understand that they are destroying themselves?"
"cost"?

The nearly unanimous media make money by serving their customers, and we give our 45SHOLE hate away for free.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I continue to say most media treats Trump better than he deserves. They continue to have segments starting with "President Trump today said..." and either quote him or put him on video poorly reading some false/misleading statement. So one might ask why they put that on instead of something that makes him look better. (assume Sam Kinneson voice here) Because there isn't anything that makes him look better! He doesn't do "calm, reasonable, wise...leadership." He can't, and he doesn't try. I wouldn't doubt he picks up a lot of hate - and well deserved - from a public that is severely impacted by his awful "management."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm
I continue to say most media treats Trump better than he deserves. They continue to have segments starting with "President Trump today said..." and either quote him or put him on video poorly reading some false/misleading statement. So one might ask why they put that on instead of something that makes him look better. (assume Sam Kinneson voice here) Because there isn't anything that makes him look better! He doesn't do "calm, reasonable, wise...leadership." He can't, and he doesn't try. I wouldn't doubt he picks up a lot of hate - and well deserved - from a public that is severely impacted by his awful "management."
:thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=17&p=114194#p114194
bannination wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:57 pm
When every single media outlet hates you, it might be..... you.
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:56 pm
Well, hell, as usual trump is hopelessly confused. I hate him more than a hundred people who just don't like him. And it doesn't cost him or me anything at all. But I will say that if it cost me anything to hate him, I would pay the price. Hell, I'd even take out a loan if that's what's required to hate him. Then I'd hate him even more.
One could sell tickets to hate 45SHOLE. Then there would be a cost, but also a profit. I would name the festival Trumpisalooza.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?p=114210#p114210
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:16 pm
Trump could have very easily been seen as the "hero" "great leader" that he craves so badly if he weren't totally rotten to the core and beyond stupid besides. Picture the theoretically possible:
Trump is hated, seen as "all-me-all-the-time", takes all credit, gives all blame. But - along comes an international health crisis. It's historically been an American trait to band together in catastrophe, dropping petty gripes for the time being. So Trump gets a good speech writer to prepare him for his national address. He sits in the Oval Office, alone, and delivers the speech, which would include a clear statement of the risks, acknowledgement that it is international in scope and that he is working with world leaders to take the best steps possible to fight the spread and take care of the victims. He would say that he is asking the Republican and Democratic leaders to work together for necessary legislation. He would say he has assembled a team of leading scientists and medical experts, who will be led by a renowned crisis management person. He would ask everybody to be prepared to cooperate with all that will be asked of them, and acknowledge that it will require sacrifice. Also, that he has instructed all federal departments to focus on providing assistance to states and individuals as necessary. Then he introduces the crisis management team. And shuts the fuck up.

A few days later, he holds a news conference and says that the crisis management team has an initial report. Turns the meeting over to the crisis managment team. And shuts the fuck up.

A few days later, he holds a meeting that includes the governors of various places, WA, NY, CA, etc. an lets them give updates and how they're coordinating with the crisis management team. The crisis team gives an update, announces current actions (stay in, close places, etc.) Trump says he's proud of their work and thanks them for what they're doing on behalf of all. He then mentions some specific concerns such as need to address unemployment insurance for those laid off, need to protect against price gouging, hoarding, etc., thanks the American people for their efforts together. And shuts the fuck up.

During this time, he doesn't tweet. He doesn't engage in partisan baiting, and he doesn't insult anybody.

A couple of months of this, the disease spike is flattened, things start to return to something like normal, and everybody is talking about what a great job Trump did. "Holy shit, the guy was a total bust until Coronavirus and he really stepped up..."

Totally doable. All Trump would have had to do is be the actor he is, but assuming a different role. But would he do it, even though it would be in his best interest to do so? Nope. And that's why he's beyond redemption.
It also would have helped him and the nation if he had not cut CDC and NSC pandemic planning and our epidemiology liaison in China.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 am

It also would have helped him and the nation if he had not cut CDC and NSC pandemic planning and our epidemiology liaison in China.
Sure, but that would require some actual thoughtful performance. Trump is the "snake" in the fable - he can't help it, and he can't change his spots. He is what he is. But my scenario only requires that he play a role - a role of "leader." Remember in the mind of the individual, "perception is the reality."
But he couldn't really follow my scenario either, even though it would be in his best interest, at least in part because of the "shut up" part.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:32 am
Sure, but that would require some actual thoughtful performance. Trump is the "snake" in the fable - he can't help it, and he can't change his spots. He is what he is. But my scenario only requires that he play a role - a role of "leader." Remember in the mind of the individual, "perception is the reality."
But he couldn't really follow my scenario either, even though it would be in his best interest, at least in part because of the "shut up" part.
Kimmel, paraphrased:

RINO -- Republican In Name Only
DINO -- Democrat In Name Only
PINO -- Trump

Also: “Maybe if we call the coronavirus ‘Vietnam,’ Trump would be OK with people staying home for it.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-kimmel ... 36785.html
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Forum post, not verified by me but seems accurate:
PINO’s timeline:

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
Mar 6th 319 cases
March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
Mar 8th 541 cases & 15 deaths
March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”
Mar 9th 704 cases & 26 deaths
March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."
March 10: “As you know, it’s about 600 cases, it’s about 26 deaths, within our country. And had we not acted quickly, that number would have been substantially more.”
March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
Mar 10th 994 cases & 30 deaths
March 11: “I think we’re going to get through it very well.”
Mar 11th 1301 cases & 38 deaths
March 12: “It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”
Mar 12th 1630 cases & 41 deaths
March 13: Says Food and Drug Administration “will bring, additionally, 1.4 million tests on board next week and 5 million within a month. I doubt we’ll need anywhere near that.”
Mar 13th 2183 cases & 48 deaths
March 14: “We’re using the full power of the federal government to defeat the virus, and that’s what we’ve been doing.” Also retweeted supporter Candace Owens who cited “good news” on coronavirus, including that, “Italy is hit hard, experts say, because they have the oldest population in Europe (average age of those that have died is 81).”
Mar 14th 2770 cases & 57 deaths
March 15: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”
Mar 15th 3613 cases & 69 deaths
March 16: “If you’re talking about the virus, no, that’s not under control for any place in the world. ... I was talking about what we’re doing is under control, but I’m not talking about the virus.”
Mar 16th 4596 cases & 87 deaths
March 17: “We’re going to win. And I think we’re going to win faster than people think -- I hope.”
Mar 17th 6344 cases & 110 deaths
Mar 24: “I’d love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter,”
Mar 24th 54,856 cases & 780 deaths
Mar 25th 68211 cases and 1027 dead
March 29th over 139,000 cases and over 2,400 dead
March 31st over 182,543 cases and over 3,732 dead
He was equally bad in Jan and Feb.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:21 am
Forum post, not verified by me but seems accurate:
PINO’s timeline:

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
Mar 6th 319 cases
March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
Mar 8th 541 cases & 15 deaths
March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”
Mar 9th 704 cases & 26 deaths
March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."
March 10: “As you know, it’s about 600 cases, it’s about 26 deaths, within our country. And had we not acted quickly, that number would have been substantially more.”
March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
Mar 10th 994 cases & 30 deaths
March 11: “I think we’re going to get through it very well.”
Mar 11th 1301 cases & 38 deaths
March 12: “It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”
Mar 12th 1630 cases & 41 deaths
March 13: Says Food and Drug Administration “will bring, additionally, 1.4 million tests on board next week and 5 million within a month. I doubt we’ll need anywhere near that.”
Mar 13th 2183 cases & 48 deaths
March 14: “We’re using the full power of the federal government to defeat the virus, and that’s what we’ve been doing.” Also retweeted supporter Candace Owens who cited “good news” on coronavirus, including that, “Italy is hit hard, experts say, because they have the oldest population in Europe (average age of those that have died is 81).”
Mar 14th 2770 cases & 57 deaths
March 15: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”
Mar 15th 3613 cases & 69 deaths
March 16: “If you’re talking about the virus, no, that’s not under control for any place in the world. ... I was talking about what we’re doing is under control, but I’m not talking about the virus.”
Mar 16th 4596 cases & 87 deaths
March 17: “We’re going to win. And I think we’re going to win faster than people think -- I hope.”
Mar 17th 6344 cases & 110 deaths
Mar 24: “I’d love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter,”
Mar 24th 54,856 cases & 780 deaths
Mar 25th 68211 cases and 1027 dead
March 29th over 139,000 cases and over 2,400 dead
March 31st over 182,543 cases and over 3,732 dead
He was equally bad in Jan and Feb.

funny stuff , gotta make us all so proud
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Let's add to Donny's stress level a bit......well capitalized, low debt my ass.

Trump Organization, hit by virus, tries to delay loan payments