Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:10 am
Penny for her thoughts?

Crap, all the networks will replay this moment when I die, and it will be the teaser for any documentary about me.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:32 pm
I just heard that the "J" in "Donald J. Trump" stands for Josef.

Yup, after Dr. Josef Mengele.
The "C" in trump's fathers' name, Fred C. Trump is "Christ." No shit; it's true. I've been saying we need to see the birth certificate, like trump quacked for years about Obama. I figure there's a good chance Fred gave his son the middle name "Jesus" so whip out that certificate. The cult would gush in awe if their buffoon has the middle name Jesus; they would consider it a sign.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

And now this.....

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?p=113051#p113051
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:35 am
Whack9 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:23 pm
Guy goes on a 1300 mile trek to rural communities across the US buying up the entire stock of hand sanitizer and clorax wipes to sell at a market. Says he's fixing "market inneficiences" and is actually doing the public a service.

Amazon pits a stop to it and now he's stuck with 17k bottles of wet wipes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/tech ... wgXw4700Hy
Tennessee AG cracks down on men who hoarded thousands of sanitizer bottles amid shopper scare

:---P
Brothers Who Hoarded 17,700 Hand Sanitizer Bottles Avoid Fine After Donating Supplies

Likely cost them tens of thousands of dollars, minus whatever Amazon profit they made, plus a lot of time, effort and public shaming. I'm okay with the non-prosecution.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:17 am
And now this.....
https://www.yahoo.com/news/irresponsibl ... 00376.html

FDR - New Deal
Truman - Fair Deal
JFK - New Frontier
LBJ - Great Society
Jimmy Carter - Why not the Best?
Ronald Reagan - It's Morning Again in America
George H. W. Bush - Thousand Points of Light
Bill Clinton - Putting People First
George W. Bush - Compassionate Conservatism
Barack Obama- Yes We Can
IMPOSPOTUS - Irresponsible and dangerous
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Immortalizing this...

A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or very powerful light. And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going test it. Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number in the lungs. It would be interesting to check you’re going have to use medical doctors with that, but it sounds interesting to me. And so we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s pretty powerful.

-trump

GoCubsGo
Admiral

bannination wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:35 pm
Immortalizing this...

A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or very powerful light. And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going test it. Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number in the lungs. It would be interesting to check you’re going have to use medical doctors with that, but it sounds interesting to me. And so we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s pretty powerful.

-trump
And now he claims it was sarcasm. Sick fuck.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:28 pm

I doubt he understands what "sarcasm" means - but even if he had used sarcasm, is a "briefing" on a pandemic really the place? And if he's so stupid as to think "sarcasm" then to "bait the reporters" is a good idea, isn't that about as awful as suggesting Lysol cocktails?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

I doubt he understands what "sarcasm" means - but even if he had used sarcasm, is a "briefing" on a pandemic really the place? And if he's so stupid as to think "sarcasm" then to "bait the reporters" is a good idea, isn't that about as awful as suggesting Lysol cocktails?

If course it's the right time to be "sarcastic" :
U.S.Coronavirus:
Today: +25,750
Deaths
Today: +1,517

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:23 pm
U.S.Coronavirus:
Today: +25,750
Deaths
45,616 > 50K
Today: +1,517
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Maybe Trump could pass around the bleach at his next rally. Tell him about how much Jim Jones' people admired him and he got 900 people to drink up. Tell him he could have a much bigger event than Jones.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I know nothing about this website, but they make a helluva graphic.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/histor ... deadliest/

The History of Pandemics ...
A Timeline of Historical Pandemics ...
Wrath of the Gods

In many ancient societies, people believed that spirits and gods inflicted disease and destruction upon those that deserved their wrath. This unscientific perception often led to disastrous responses that resulted in the deaths of thousands, if not millions....

Importing Disease ...
Tracking Infectiousness ...
Urbanization and the Spread of Disease ...
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Celebrities Take Donald Trump’s Sarcasm Defense, Fire It Right Back At Him
Chris Evans, Alyssa Milano and Mark Hamill joined conservatives, lawmakers and others in calling out the president’s coronavirus comments.

Example:
Ken Jennings
@KenJennings

I would like to announce that when I gave wrong answers on Jeopardy, I was being sarcastic.
:lol:
O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 pm
Many others agree with you:
Matthew Lewis
@Mattdavelewis

I don’t know man, I think a world leader being “sarcastic” to troll reporters during a public briefing on a pandemic might just be worse than asking a dumb question. But it’s a bold strategy, Cotton, let’s see if it pays off for em.
Great minds . . .

In summation:
Charlotte Clymer 🏳️‍🌈
@cmclymer

To be fair, I have referred to Trump in the past as "the president", but I was being sarcastic.
:clap:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:53 am
I Was Exposed To Coronavirus In Singapore. Here's What Their Rapid Response Looks Like.

Pretty draconian.
Should be done here?
Could be done here? Probably not.
Opps.

Suddenly, Singapore’s Coronavirus Cases Skyrocketed. Here’s Why.

Summary: They treat their migrant and foreign workers like crap, especially with overcrowded, unsanitary living conditions.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The greatest cuppa covfefe in the history of covfefe, ever!!!

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:45 am
The greatest cuppa covfefe in the history of covfefe, ever!!!

I may break down and send this to the sisters. They would never forgive me.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:38 am

Actually, assuming that your sisters are at least as bright as their brother and not dimbulbs, I'd be interested in what they thought about Trump's "injection" comments. Assuming they didn't believe him literally, did they find it an appropriate/helpful/harmful thing to say? What about even if he clearly "didn't mean it" but large numbers of the public believed him and started looking into injecting disinfectant? Was it poor judgement at the time? Can they manage to say something at all critical of the president*? If not, delete the first sentence, above. ;)

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:21 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:38 am

Actually, assuming that your sisters are at least as bright as their brother and not dimbulbs, I'd be interested in what they thought about Trump's "injection" comments. Assuming they didn't believe him literally, did they find it an appropriate/helpful/harmful thing to say? What about even if he clearly "didn't mean it" but large numbers of the public believed him and started looking into injecting disinfectant? Was it poor judgement at the time? Can they manage to say something at all critical of the president*? If not, delete the first sentence, above. ;)
Both are college grads, one is a PhD.
20+ years of fox, and a BIL who rivals lil bush and trump in the born on 3rd base scenario, trumps all intelligence.

They stopped thinking long ago.

I won't send the video, but will ask and share the response.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »