The Dog Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Dog Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Bourke Shire Council Contact Us

Re: Furor Erupts After Australian Officials Kill Rescue Dogs Over COVID-19 Fears
https://news.yahoo.com/furor-erupts-aus ... 54165.html

Just thought that you should know that you've brought global disgust upon Bourke Shire.

(Vrede too), RN
Hendersonville, North Carolina, USA
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Chocolate for dogs. I like this.

"Smiths Station Animal Hospital posted a photo to their Facebook page of a jar of Hershey Kisses with the words "Goodbye Kisses" painted on the side. The photo was accompanied by a note from one of the hospital's doctors that read, "This jar is reserved for our euthanasia appointments...because no dog should go to Heaven without tasting chocolate."'

https://www.newsweek.com/animal-hospita ... te-1632465
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Let's go all out for dogs....no dog should die before getting loaded up on beer and Mr Natural while grilling beef filets out back and sniffing the best dog ass known to man.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:03 pm
Let's go all out for dogs....no dog should die before getting loaded up on beer and Mr Natural while grilling beef filets out back and sniffing the best dog ass known to man.
:clap:

THAT DOG IS NOT PLAYIN AROUND😂😭

Chief wants to be an astronaut when he grows up !
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Real contest, real winner.

reddit thread:
clearly the person who came in first was on drugs, and that's what people really want, having a good time
Or maybe it was a child?
Children shouldn't use drugs.
:lol: And so on. Idk about the artist, but the redditers are definitely on drugs.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

The captions have been left out. The 1st place caption was "I lost my ass and my face is on my back." 2nd place was "I ain't got no body."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yikes, California:

Article.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, coyote attacks are not usual, and the version we have here is apparently fairly timid most of the time. We see them fairly often hiking parks, but not on the beach. Huntington Beach is full of gazillion-dollar beach houses and gated communities, with probably not a lot of garbage sitting out. And the coyote could have been rabid. I never saw anything about if it was.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:45 pm
Yeah, coyote attacks are not usual, and the version we have here is apparently fairly timid most of the time. We see them fairly often hiking parks, but not on the beach. Huntington Beach is full of gazillion-dollar beach houses and gated communities, with probably not a lot of garbage sitting out. And the coyote could have been rabid. I never saw anything about if it was.
The problem is that there were two coyotes at the time of the attack. One was shot, but it's not clear if it was the one that attacked the girl, AFAIK. It was later found dead on or near the beach, and of course will be tested for rabies. The toddler is said to have been bitten in the face. Hopefully this will not result in lifelong disfigurement.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:45 pm
Yeah, coyote attacks are not usual, and the version we have here is apparently fairly timid most of the time. We see them fairly often hiking parks, but not on the beach. Huntington Beach is full of gazillion-dollar beach houses and gated communities, with probably not a lot of garbage sitting out.
Not to mention Pomeranians and outdoor cats.
And the coyote could have been rabid. I never saw anything about if it was.
Could be, but it looked like a semi-rational attack - smallish prey, running away when approached by an adult. I'm sure they're checking and will announce it if it was rabid - if the two they killed even included the attacker.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:03 pm
Don't forget the joy ride.
'Bachelorette' Alum Blake H. Shares Insane Video After Dog Drove Into His House
'My bad': the dog, probably.

... “Turns out my dog is a terrible driver,” he captioned the TikTok and Instagram clip, which shows a pick-up truck backed into the wall of a living room.

Debris and drywall pieces can be seen scattered throughout the room, including on the fireplace and the leather sofa.

The video, set to the tune of the Home Depot beat (which is where he’ll be spending a lot of time and money to fix this mess), features a block of text with a “lesson-learned” warning: “Hey kids… just a friendly reminder not to let your dogs in the driver's seat.”
TikTok video

balockaye.h
Turns out our dog is a shitty driver #homeremodel #farmerscommercialvibes
... Blake clarified in the comments, writing: “Everyone is ok and safe! My dads dog jumped in the car when he got home and hit the accelerator. Sh** happens I suppose.”

... Hunter Montgomery, who was a contestant on Season 17 of The Bachelorette, also asked about the dog’s wellbeing in the comments, to which Blake replied that “she is just grounded for a month.”

... Others used dog puns for a more lighthearted approach to the situation, noting that the dog did not have her “pawmit” to drive and that she forgot to use the “pawking break.” ...
I see a "Mayhem" ad in that dog's future.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I've got my doubts.
As one commenter asked "how does this even happen?"
Consider the logistics. More probably like farts - blame the dog no matter what.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:03 pm
I've got my doubts.
As one commenter asked "how does this even happen?"
Consider the logistics. More probably like farts - blame the dog no matter what.
-0-? He might go into more detail in his posts than the article quotes. Dogs are goofballs. Even if very unlikely, I think it's PAWssible if either door is opened while the driver still has it in reverse and the dog jumps in and excitedly knocks a foot off the brake while stomping on the gas.

Whatever, blaming the dog got our attention. Mission accomplished. :D
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Pawssible, sure, but let's start with the premise that a driver is sitting there with the truck still in reverse and a door open. Did he put it in gear before closing the door, or open the door before putting it in Park? Or did he open the passenger door for somebody while leaving the car in Reverse? And in any case, how long would that condition have lasted? But yeah, it got our attention and was a funny post. Whatever.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:05 pm
Pawssible, sure, but let's start with the premise that a driver is sitting there with the truck still in reverse and a door open. Did he put it in gear before closing the door, or open the door before putting it in Park? Or did he open the passenger door for somebody while leaving the car in Reverse? And in any case, how long would that condition have lasted? But yeah, it got our attention and was a funny post. Whatever.
Truck was in pawk.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:25 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:05 pm
Truck was in pawk.
And they lived in Bahstin. But was it really, or was that just your pun? 'Cause it it really was in pawk it wouldn't have likely been possible to shift to reverse without a foot on the brake.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:25 pm
Truck was in pawk.
If so, how did it leap BARKwards into the living room?
1312. ETTD.