Tennessee Evangelist Perry Stone Accused of Sexual Misconduct

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Tennessee Evangelist Perry Stone Accused of Sexual Misconduct

Unread post by Ulysses » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:12 am

Women in Perry Stone's ministry allege sexual misconduct, say FBI is investigating televangelist

Hey, @Neoplacebo, ever heard of this creep?
That Tuesday night's "special service" was supposed to be a joyous one for televangelist Perry Stone. He circled the room singing along to the music. He cracked jokes about gaining weight over Thanksgiving. But as Stone was describing to his followers how some people walked away from religion in recent years, the voice of a woman in the back brought the auditorium to silence.

"Probably because you keep touching them, you nasty perv," she yelled. "Why don't you tell them the real reason why they left? Because you kept touching them." "Ma'am, I'll have you arrested, and I'll bring a lawsuit against you for making statements like that," Stone said, as his security guards rushed toward the woman. His voice held steady for a few more words before he began yelling, "You've talked to people who told 16 lies on my wife and I! That's who you've been talking to."

Last month, the Federal Bureau of Investigation began questioning people connected to Stone and his Cleveland-based ministries, according to five people with direct knowledge of the interactions. At least seven people connected to the ministry, including some couples, have shared information that investigators sought about sexual misconduct allegations against Stone as well as the evangelist's connections to Bradley County law enforcement, according to the five people. In a statement to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, an FBI spokesperson said Department of Justice policy "prohibits us from confirming or denying the existence or non-existence of FBI investigations."

Meanwhile, more than a dozen people connected or formerly connected to Stone's ministry told the Times Free Press they are becoming more concerned about the perceived lack of accountability for the internationally known spiritual leader a year and a half after allegations of inappropriate conduct involving women were first made public.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Tennessee Evangelist Perry Stone Accused of Sexual Misconduct

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:09 am

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:12 am
(signature: thread-abusing :crybaby: gibberish)
viewtopic.php?p=152492#p152492
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:47 am

(from the article)
"I am not a perfect man," Stone said. "People have taken me hugging and kissing them on the cheek wrong. I quit that. I'm Italian. My whole family holds hands, rubs backs. I didn't know you can look at somebody and say, 'Hey, how you doing?' and they can take it wrong."

Maybe he should have checked with Cuomo to see how that works as a defence. :lol:

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:21 pm

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:47 am
(from the article)
"I am not a perfect man," Stone said. "People have taken me hugging and kissing them on the cheek wrong. I quit that. I'm Italian. My whole family holds hands, rubs backs. I didn't know you can look at somebody and say, 'Hey, how you doing?' and they can take it wrong."

Maybe he should have checked with Cuomo to see how that works as a defence. :lol:
"I didn't know you can look at somebody and say, 'Hey, how you doing?' and they can take it wrong."

Perhaps it's from the excessive physical contact?

I don't buy the "I'm Italian" defense. I grew up in a neighborhood that was about 50% Italian ethnicity. The only people who made unwelcome physical contact were my aunts, who most definitely were not Italian. But then I must have been a cute kid.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:51 pm

Well, really, there are people whose culture or sociological habits include a lot of hugging, and for whom touching a hand, an arm or back is just a "natural" part of conversation or a social encounter. But by now, all those people should have learned that such behaviour just isn't socially acceptable most places anymore and they should restrict those hugs to their own family/friend group. The idea that somebody - Cuomo or this pervert - would find it reasonable to say "well, that's just me - I mean no harm" and think they get a pass is ridiculous. It's no different from somebody who grew up with minimal etiquette practices is going to have to learn quickly that to most of the people he'll meet won't invite him back if he farts loudly at the table and sprays his food.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:39 pm

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:12 am
Women in Perry Stone's ministry allege sexual misconduct, say FBI is investigating televangelist

Hey, @Neoplacebo, ever heard of this creep?
No, but if anyone around here asks me if I know where they can get manhandled by a religious quack named P Stone I'll know what to tell them.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:40 pm

As I recall, my aunts had this unpleasant habit of pinching (hard) the cheeks (facial) of their nieces and nephews. Usually accompanying the cheek pinching was an exclamation, "My, how you have grown!". My brother, sister, and I eventually refused to come out of our rooms to greet them if and when they made a visit... I think they eventually got the message.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:04 pm

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:40 pm
As I recall, my aunts had this unpleasant habit of pinching (hard) the cheeks (facial) of their nieces and nephews. Usually accompanying the cheek pinching was an exclamation, "My, how you have grown!". My brother, sister, and I eventually refused to come out of our rooms to greet them if and when they made a visit... I think they eventually got the message.
I see, you were a coward, and an asshole even to adoring family from a young age, and your parents indulged you. Figures.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.