COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yep, the thinning of the herd proceeds.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone

There should be a special category of Darwin Award for covidiocy.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:53 am

There should be a special category of Darwin Award for covidiocy.

Herman Cain Award
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:20 pm
(signature: obsessed :crybaby: gibberish)
Awww. :violin:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

U.S. judge blocks Pentagon from punishing Navy SEALs who refused COVID-19 vaccine

A federal judge on Monday barred the U.S. Department of Defense from punishing a group of Navy SEALs and other special forces members who refused COVID-19 vaccines on religious grounds.

U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor, acting in response to a lawsuit filed on behalf of 35 special forces service members, issued a preliminary injunction blocking the Navy and Defense Department from enforcing the mandate.

Reed, who was appointed to the federal bench in Texas by President George W. Bush, said the Navy had not granted a single religious exemption to the vaccine rule.

"The Navy servicemembers in this case seek to vindicate the very freedoms they have sacrificed so much to protect. The COVID-19 pandemic provides the government no license to abrogate those freedoms," the judge wrote in a 26-page decision.

The service members had faced a range of military discipline actions for refusing the vaccine.

First Liberty Institute, a legal organization dedicated to defending U.S. religious freedoms which represented the plaintiff service members, hailed the ruling as a victory.

"Forcing a service member to choose between their faith and serving their country is abhorrent to the Constitution and America’s values," said Mike Berry, the institute's general counsel, said in a written statement....
:roll: Now we know, at least 3 dozen special forces members are moronic wimps.
Reed O'Connor: Significant cases

O'Connor has widely been described as reactionary. O'Connor has become a "go-to" favorite for conservative lawyers, as he tends to reliably rule against Democratic policies. Attorneys General in Texas appear to strategically file cases in O'Connor's jurisdiction so that he will hear them.

On February 11, 2015, O'Connor held that a portion of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968 was unconstitutional.

On March 26, 2015, O'Connor enjoined the federal government's definition of marriage as it relates to the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.

On August 21, 2016, O'Connor issued a ruling against the Obama administration dealing with the government's interpretation of Title IX rules. The guidance from the White House was issued in May 2016, and addresses the Title IX requirement that schools receiving federal funding not discriminate against students on the basis of sex. The ruling required that transgender students be allowed to use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender identity. O'Connor ruled that the new guidelines did not receive proper notice and comment prior to publication, and that Title IX and its implementing regulation are "not ambiguous" as to the "plain meaning of the term sex as used". He then issued a nationwide injunction preventing them from being enforced with respect to students' access to "intimate facilities."

On December 31, 2016, in a separate case, O'Connor issued a preliminary injunction against enforcement of the Obama administration's regulations implementing Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act (prohibiting sex discrimination in federally funded health programs) as a likely violation of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and what he said was an improper inclusion of gender identity discrimination.

In early 2018, O'Connor held the Certification Rule of the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional in Texas v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, finding it violated the nondelegation doctrine.

On October 5, 2018, O'Connor ruled that the Indian Child Welfare Act was unconstitutional.

On October 31, 2021, O'Connor ruled that the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act provide religious employers an exemption from Title VII of the Civil Right's Act ban on the discrimination "on the basis of...sex"....
:obscene-birdiered: It's like MTG WTF? was made a judge.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I have a hard time believing that 35 SEALS hold sincere religious beliefs of any stripe. I've had occasion to be around some of these guys and they seemed to me to have their own religion.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 pm
:roll: Now we know, at least 3 dozen special forces members are moronic wimps....
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:37 pm
I have a hard time believing that 35 SEALS hold sincere religious beliefs of any stripe. I've had occasion to be around some of these guys and they seemed to me to have their own religion.
Now we know, at least 3 dozen special forces members are lying, blasphemous, moronic wimps.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
:roll: Now we know, at least 3 dozen special forces members are moronic wimps....
neoplacebo wrote:
Now we know, at least 3 dozen special forces members are lying, blasphemous, moronic wimps.

What's the religion?
Just curious if they're Mormon?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
U.S. judge blocks Pentagon from punishing Navy SEALs who refused COVID-19 vaccine

... First Liberty Institute, a legal organization dedicated to defending U.S. religious freedoms which represented the plaintiff service members, hailed the ruling as a victory.

"Forcing a service member to choose between their faith and serving their country is abhorrent to the Constitution and America’s values," said Mike Berry, the institute's general counsel, said in a written statement....
:roll: Now we know, at least 3 dozen special forces members are moronic wimps.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:53 pm
What's the religion?
Just curious if they're Mormon?
First Liberty Institute is RW Xtian, but they may support the imaginary claims of different believers.

If any are Mormon, it's a sub-sect.

Latter-day Saints cannot obtain a vaccine exemption from a church leader

As with most things stupid and hateful, it's largely a fundie Xtian thing:

White evangelicals dying of Covid after denouncing vaccines are wasting martyrdom
Most of America's religious groups have no objections to vaccines or mandates. In that context, white evangelicals stand out.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
I know of one chap who tried to get into the Navy Seals thing. I knew him from motorcycling. He was a big, athletic guy, and probably would have done well. But as far as I can recall (it was about 30 years ago), he dropped out (or was dropped) and seemed none the worse for the wear, although I did get the impression it had been somewhat of an ordeal. We never discussed religion.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:31 pm
I know of one chap who tried to get into the Navy Seals thing. I knew him from motorcycling. He was a big, athletic guy, and probably would have done well. But as far as I can recall (it was about 30 years ago), he dropped out (or was dropped) and seemed none the worse for the wear, although I did get the impression it had been somewhat of an ordeal. We never discussed religion.
2 years in a row I was in a play about Vietnam called Tracers with an actual SEAL that served in Vietnam, and I was later a co-peace activist with him. He had PTSD, was a veterans counselor and was spiritual, but we also never discussed religion.

In other words, my post is almost as utterly irrelevant to this COVIDiots discussion as your 'Look at me!' post is. You're welcome for it.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Johnson being a johnson, again :roll: If the topic wasn't so deadly it would be a one-man comedy act.
Sen. Ron Johnson Draws Ridicule After Mind-Numbing Take On God And Vaccines
"So much for God creating us with brains," a Jesuit priest wrote in response.

... “Why do we assume that the body’s natural immune system isn’t the marvel that it is?”

“Why do we think that we can create something better than God in terms of combating disease?”
Ummm, vaccines work by stimulating "the body’s natural immune system", imbecile.
No need to need to bother with band-aids and sutures when we have natural clotting? And why use a car when we have God-created feet?
Sen. Johnson makes a compelling case against modern medicine
So next time GOP idiot Ron Johnson gets sick he should not take any human made medicine. Instead he should just wait for God to heal him.
Every day it seems like one or other Republican is trying to win the 'worst comment of the day' trophy.

Senator Ron Johnson is usually leading in that field.
BREAKING: Wisconsin senator and overall idiot Ron Johnson decried the vaccine to WCPT, saying 'Why do we think we can create something better than God'

And he said that into a phone, to a radio station, to be broadcast into people's homes and cars via electromagnetic radiation.
:thumbup: He should have just opened a window and shouted.
Ted Lieu
@tedlieu
(Husband of Betty, the love of my life. Father of two great kids. USAF veteran. Member of Congress. In that order. Also, empathy is good.)

I know the answer to Ron Johnson’s question: the oven. Without the oven we wouldn’t have any chocolate chip cookies. And heating food also combats disease.

Toasters are pretty great too. I’m also a fan of Nepresso, but acknowledge that’s sort of elitist.

Also, polio vaccines.
:---P for all. More scathing tweets at the link.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:crybaby:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

And it would seem the longer DeSantis remains as governor, the worse Florida gets.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:29 pm
:crybaby:

:shock: Is he saying "neo city?" If so, I guess I'm honored but will not make a speech there or otherwise endorse this stuff. If Ron is behind it, I just know it's going to be fucked up in some fundamental way.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:36 am
:shock: Is he saying "neo city?" If so, I guess I'm honored but will not make a speech there or otherwise endorse this stuff. If Ron is behind it, I just know it's going to be fucked up in some fundamental way.
Fuck DeSanis, NeoCity needs you to assume the throne. :-|| 8-)

WHAT is Neocity

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:45 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:36 am
Fuck DeSanis, NeoCity needs you to assume the throne. :-|| 8-)

WHAT is Neocity

I'm in awe.
NeoCity is poised to serve as catalyst for high-tech innovation and creation, including jobs and capital investment. NeoCity is already generating marketplace momentum, as well this nation’s approach to the advancement of research, development and commercialization hubs

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Let's add two names to the covid "hero" list:
Scott Morrison, who wasn't having any of Djokovic's "medical exemption" bullshit and sent his ass packing back to Elbonia, and
Emmanuel Macron, who vowed to "piss off" the unvaccinated and make their lives miserable.