Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:01 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 pm
It's not a "save" when the obvious is pointed out to a slow child.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:45 pm
(signature: obsessed perseverating :crybaby: gibberish)
Awww. :violin:
I sometimes enjoy attending baptisms and when the person is brought back up from the water I shout out "nice save" and then make an exit.
:thumbup: :clap: I like to yell, "You missed a spot." Then, at communion I'll whisper, "Can I get fries with that?"
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:01 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 pm
It's not a "save" when the obvious is pointed out to a slow child.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:45 pm
(signature: obsessed perseverating :crybaby: gibberish)
I sometimes enjoy attending baptisms and when the person is brought back up from the water I shout out "nice save" and then make an exit.
I don't have a problem with that, Hominy, as long as it's not sewer water.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

viewtopic.php?p=146845#p146845
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:17 pm
(post: gibberish)
"Vrede Too [sic, :lol: ]"
(signature: obsessed perseverating :crybaby: whining)
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Another idiot dies from being an idiot. Don't these people ever give up?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/qanon-star-s ... 53934.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:38 am
:roll:
... Weldon focused on attacking vaccines and other efforts to fight COVID-19, saying in one video that Dr. Anthony Fauci “needs to be hung from a rope.” She claimed the vaccine killed people and even recorded herself yelling at people standing in line to receive vaccines.

“The vaccines kill, don’t get it!” Weldon warned the waiting vaccine recipients in an undated video posted to one of her online accounts. “This is how gullible these idiots are. They’re all getting vaccine!” ...
Even death doesn't make them give up:
In the face of these deaths, their surviving friends and supporters have started to allege that the dead QAnon figures are being murdered, either because they were refused internet folk remedies like ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, or because they were killed by the deep-state to cover up their conspiracy theories. In December, Kuzma and a number of other conspiracy theorists were sickened with COVID-like symptoms after appearing together at a conference. Rather than acknowledge that they had COVID, the far-right influencers suggested they had been targeted by an anthrax attack.

After Weldon’s death, her QAnon allies threatened to pursue violent action against staff at the hospital where she died. Scott McKay, a QAnon personality known as the “Patriot Streetfighter,” said he would publicize the names of doctors and nurses involved in treating Weldon, saying he wanted to “put the fear into these medical professionals” in a Telegram post. McKay proposed the hospital staff be sentenced to death, or be murdered in vigilante violence.

“If it’s not done in a military tribunal then it’s going to be done in the street eventually and not to my wishes,” McKay wrote. “That’s my greatest fear. But if it’s necessary, it’s going to be necessary.”
:obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:10 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:38 am
:roll:
... Weldon focused on attacking vaccines and other efforts to fight COVID-19, saying in one video that Dr. Anthony Fauci “needs to be hung from a rope.” She claimed the vaccine killed people and even recorded herself yelling at people standing in line to receive vaccines.

“The vaccines kill, don’t get it!” Weldon warned the waiting vaccine recipients in an undated video posted to one of her online accounts. “This is how gullible these idiots are. They’re all getting vaccine!” ...
Even death doesn't make them give up:
In the face of these deaths, their surviving friends and supporters have started to allege that the dead QAnon figures are being murdered, either because they were refused internet folk remedies like ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, or because they were killed by the deep-state to cover up their conspiracy theories. In December, Kuzma and a number of other conspiracy theorists were sickened with COVID-like symptoms after appearing together at a conference. Rather than acknowledge that they had COVID, the far-right influencers suggested they had been targeted by an anthrax attack.

After Weldon’s death, her QAnon allies threatened to pursue violent action against staff at the hospital where she died. Scott McKay, a QAnon personality known as the “Patriot Streetfighter,” said he would publicize the names of doctors and nurses involved in treating Weldon, saying he wanted to “put the fear into these medical professionals” in a Telegram post. McKay proposed the hospital staff be sentenced to death, or be murdered in vigilante violence.

“If it’s not done in a military tribunal then it’s going to be done in the street eventually and not to my wishes,” McKay wrote. “That’s my greatest fear. But if it’s necessary, it’s going to be necessary.”
:obscene-birdiered:
Confirmed
One less trump vote in a swing state.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 am
Confirmed
One less trump vote in a swing state.
Three days later, Weldon was hospitalized in Camarillo ...
Gotta wonder if there won't be some effect on the elections, though.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:13 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:55 pm
Tend to think the Europeans are right as the CDC recommends continuing isolation if you still test positive after five days....WTF?

'We are playing with fire': European health officials blast CDC's revised COVID isolation guidelines
I don't have an informed opinion, though I tend to favor people not getting sick and dying. I imagine that it's a spectrum and some are even still contagious after a week or 10 days. So, virulence gets weighed against the social and economic costs of quarantine, with shorter isolations accompanied by stringent urging of masks and testing. Then, perhaps more unique to the US than Europe, is the reality that more severe restrictions can lead to no compliance at all. I'm glad that I'm not deciding, and that I'm able to go with the longer quarantine if I get exposed or sick.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:46 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:33 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:27 pm
Local ICU COVID patients are "100% unvaccinated". MAYBE the CDC has decided that there should be minimal societal disruption in order to save COVIDiots. :twisted:
They want to thin the herd? :doh:
Nttawwt ;) , but MAYBE they think the herd shouldn't have to suffer in order to protect suicidal morons.
Whoever is "correct", it's a mess.

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky seeks to assert herself against critics

I heard that the AMA has come out against the shorter isolation.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Be careful.

Pop-up Covid testing sites could be rife for nefarious activities, experts warn

I'll stick with a home test or the free and fee sites listed by my health dept. Hopefully, it's doing adequate vetting.
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

From time to time I'll head over to reddit's nursing subreddit to read some chatter about the day to day work lives of healthcare workers. To me, as someone that doesn't work in healthcare, everything seems fine as far as the pandemic goes in my little social bubble, but life is much larger and complex than what goes on in my day to day life. Reading some of the anecdotes over there gives a completely different picture/perspective on matters, and I think that's important.

Http://reddit.com/nursing

There's some doozies over there. Especially in regards to people opposing vaccines.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Whack9 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:35 pm
From time to time I'll head over to reddit's nursing subreddit to read some chatter about the day to day work lives of healthcare workers. To me, as someone that doesn't work in healthcare, everything seems fine as far as the pandemic goes in my little social bubble, but life is much larger and complex than what goes on in my day to day life. Reading some of the anecdotes over there gives a completely different picture/perspective on matters, and I think that's important.

There's some doozies over there. Especially in regards to people opposing vaccines.
"Page not found"

?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:56 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:35 pm

"Page not found"

?
Don't be so helpless, Useless.

search subreddits by name: "nursing"
https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/

Selected COVID-related topics:
this is our area in the ER for COVID patients
In the wake of Cirsten W’s death, Q anon is making threats of physical violence and calling for “war” against hospital workers.
Mother poisoned my at-home client
“You knew what you were signing up for.”

No. Fuck you. Nursing is a profession. In no other profession would behavior like this be acceptable. Just because we had been the most trusted profession for years doesn’t mean we get to be treated like garbage. We are human and deserve to be treated as such....
I mean, with a governor like ole Greg this is hard to understand why 🙄 /s

Got COVID. Was told I can be off for 5 days ONLY, and if I am to call out for more than 5 days, a doctor’s note must be provided stating the reason for my extended leave. Wtf???
if only it was this easy with antivaxers... 🤣🤣🤣

And so on . . .
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

People in restaurant so glad they invited a f**king anal retentive

no doubt
A MEAL was turned into a massive pain in the arse by a man obsessed with splitting the bill fairly.

After eating at Bombay Heaven in Knutsford, Norman Steele decided to take a firm stance on the fact that he did not have a starter, as well as recalculating the bill seven times.

Fellow diner Emma Bradford said: “We were just going to split the bill equally but Norman decided that people ordering extra nan breads was a major moral issue.

“We’d only had a few bottles of wine between 10 of us, but apparently that was a grave injustice against Norman, who’d made one bottle of beer last all evening like the tight git he is.

“The best bit though was when he spent 45 minutes recalculating the bill on his phone. What could be a more perfect end to the evening?”
Now, who does this remind us of?
Last edited by Ulysses on Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:22 pm
Don't be so helpless, Useless.

search subreddits by name: "nursing"
https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/ ...
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:23 pm
(gibberish)
Awww, your foot-stompin' widdle tantwums when you've screwed up, again, are adorable!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:55 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:50 pm
Remember in 2020 and then late Summer 2021 when we were shocked by 100K cases/day? We're now averaging 400K cases/day, 600 deaths, 20K critically ill at a time, and are still 21st for deaths/1M pop.

:( :angry-banghead:
Tend to think the Europeans are right as the CDC recommends continuing isolation if you still test positive after five days....WTF?

'We are playing with fire': European health officials blast CDC's revised COVID isolation guidelines
1 week after I posted "averaging 400K cases/day, 600 deaths":
U.S. reports 1.35 million COVID-19 cases in a day, shattering global record

The previous record was 1.03 million cases on Jan. 3. A large number of cases are reported each Monday due to many states not reporting over the weekend. The seven-day average for new cases has tripled in two weeks https://tmsnrt.rs/2WTOZDR to over 700,000 new infections a day.

The record in new cases came the same day as the nation saw the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients also hit an all-time high, having doubled in three weeks, according to a Reuters tally.

There were more than 136,604 people hospitalized with COVID-19, surpassing the record of 132,051 set in January last year....

Deaths are averaging 1,700 per day, up from about 1,400 in recent days but within levels seen earlier this winter....
:shock: :(

Total US deaths are now at 861,336, which means that we have surpassed the high estimates for the tragic counts of Civil War soldier deaths and for the US deaths in the 1918 influenza pandemic. COVID-19 has been the deadliest event in American history. :cry:

Even RepuQ Henderson County has re-instituted its mask mandate in the schools. Idk how many death threats for the Board this has led to. :angry-banghead:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Don't forget that rightwing county officials and state governors are under counting. We are over a million.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:07 am

Total US deaths are now at 861,336, which means that we have surpassed the high estimates for the tragic counts of Civil War soldier deaths and for the US deaths in the 1918 influenza pandemic. COVID-19 has been the deadliest event in American history. :cry:

You would think that that simple fact would be enough to make people understand.

Maybe it needs to be emphasized more.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:

Even RepuQ Henderson County has re-instituted its mask mandate in the schools. Idk how many death threats for the Board this has led to. :angry-banghead:
I should've placed a bet.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:51 am
And now, the Henderson County covidiots are let loose. It amazes me that when precautions are taken and work people want to get rid of the precautions.

My prediction, the mask mandate will be back shortly after the Christmas break and the virus surges (again).

HCPS mask mandate ends Nov. 15 for all students, staff & visitors
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:47 am
I should've placed a bet.
:-|| , though it's not that big a leap to predict that stupid policy will lead to unfortunate results.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:01 am
Vrede too wrote:
You would think that that simple fact would be enough to make people understand.

Maybe it needs to be emphasized more.
It's not very compassionate of me, but I think that many stupid people are unteachable.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:31 pm

It's not very compassionate of me, but I think that many stupid people are unteachable.
You'd think the one thing they could comprehend is dead people.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:31 pm

It's not that they're unteachable, it's that they're selective in what they're willing to learn. But I wouldn't worry too much about compassion.
"He who knows not, and knows not he knows not, he is a fool—shun him: