COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:33 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:21 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:20 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:06 pm
Yeah, the country is in trouble and elections have consequences.
Like mother, like son.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Gors ... inistrator

They foul whatever nest they're in.
Wonder if it was strategic to diminish her, or he is just that big of an asshole.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:57 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:27 am
Diminish her how?
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 pm
At least she died young.
62. Old enough to produce Neil and do some other damage. Her public-sphere life pretty much ended 18 years before her death.
I would think that removing her physical presence (and only her presence) in the chamber takes away from her effectiveness compared to the other judges being physically present in the room.

My wife drove to N.O. yesterday for an Elton John concert tonight in order to be present. She could have stayed home and watched it on a screen.

Right or wrong, it seems likely that the gorsuch might think that way.
Ah, I thought that you meany Neil's mom.

IMO yes, diminish Sotomayor and Neil's a big asshole.
The N.O. trip was just as an example of "being there" being better.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:08 pm
The N.O. trip was just as an example of "being there" being better.
Yeah, I got that. Idk what Sotomayor thinks of all of this.

An anti-vax Czech singer died after she intentionally caught COVID-19 in an attempt to get a health pass

A folk singer from the Czech Republic has died after intentionally contracting COVID-19 so she could get a health pass to access sports, entertainment, and dining venues.

Hana Horká, 57, a vocalist for folk band Asonance, was unvaccinated and died on Sunday, her son Jan Rek told Czech radio news outlet iRozhlas.cz....

"She decided that she would rather have the disease than be vaccinated," Rek said.

Horká's aim was to get a recovery pass, a proof of recent infection that allows unvaccinated people to visit venues like bars, pubs, restaurants, cinemas, and sports facilities....

(Rek) blamed anti-vax groups for his mother's death, saying she had "one hundred percent" been swayed by celebrities and groups on the internet spreading misinformation about vaccines and the coronavirus.

According to iRozhlas.cz, Rek posted an angry comment on social media sarcastically thanking these groups, saying they had "blood on their hands" for Horká's death.

"Sadly, she trusted strangers more than her own family," he told the radio station.
Opps.
... The Czech Republic is facing a fresh surge in COVID-19 cases as the country reported its highest ever daily count at 28,469 new infections on Tuesday.

Around 62.9% of its 10.7 million population has been fully vaccinated. On Wednesday, the Czech government abandoned its plans to make vaccines mandatory, after thousands gathered in the capital of Prague to protest the decision.
:roll: We need a good COVIDiocy folk song.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:17 am
O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:31 am
Let's add two names to the covid "hero" list:
Scott Morrison, who wasn't having any of Djokovic's "medical exemption" bullshit and sent his ass packing back to Elbonia, and
Emmanuel Macron, who vowed to "piss off" the unvaccinated and make their lives miserable.
:clap: :clap:

For some reason, I tend to think the anti vaxxers lives are already miserable. :lol:
Not miserable enough.
I don't agree with non-vaxxers, but I can tolerate them. Anti-vaxxers should be treated as lepers.
Thanks to a court ruling Djokovic was briefly back in the Australian Open, but he was then ordered deported by Australia's Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs. Djokovic appealed to a higher court, but it just waved bye-bye to him on Jan 16.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novak_Djo ... ontroversy

How much of a wingnut is he?

Exclusive: Novak Djokovic is one of only three unvaccinated players in men’s and women’s top 100

He's among the 1.5% fringe.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ya really have to wonder how far off the rez the dude has wandered. He may not "need" the money, but had he won in Australia (good chance), he wold have made a lot - plus - he's got $40mill in sponsorships, all but one of whom are at least somewhat unhappy. And - he had as far as I know a reputation unspeckled by significant scandal or controversy. Other players respected him. And he tosses it all off for what? Just to make a point for lunacy? Was he really that afraid of the vaccine? Does he really see it as his best role for himself to be a martyr for ignorance or even for "personal choice"? Or did he just think that because he's such a star that he could do whatever he wanted. (that's my guess)

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I agree. It's the trump syndrome except with tennis and shorts. The whole goddamn thing needs to be stomped out.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Flight turns around due to woman refusing to wear a mask:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/amer ... index.html

The flight was to London and had to turn around. It ended up being cancelled for all 158 people.

People really need to grow up and stop acting like such entitled brats.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:53 pm

The flight was to London and had to turn around. It ended up being cancelled for all 158 people.

What, no Karen/covidiot video?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:22 pm
What, no Karen/covidiot video?
Maybe no one bothers or the media isn't interested unless there are raised voices and/or violence. -0-?

Responsible passengers should be encouraged to sue if their travel is disrupted. Maybe a few bankruptcies will solve the issue
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'I will bring every single gun loaded,' parent tells Virginia school officials during mask mandate meeting

A Virginia woman has been charged after she appeared to threaten school board officials while they met to vote on whether to lift a mask requirement.

The woman, Amelia King, 42, is accused of making an oral threat on school property after she was cut off during a public comment section of the Page County public school board meeting Thursday, the Luray Police Department said in a statement.

“All right. No mask mandates,” King told board members after her three-minute comment period ended. “My children will not come to school on Monday with a mask on. That’s not happening, and I will bring every single gun loaded and ready.”

When a board member again cut off King, noting that three minutes is a policy, she said: “I’ll see y’all on Monday.”

King was arrested Friday and was later released on $5,000 bond, according to Luray police.
Should be terrorism charges, a restraining order and much higher bond.
She did not respond to a message left Friday on a phone number listed under her name. But later in Thursday's meeting she emailed an apology to a board member saying that she was “only speaking figuratively.”

“I in no way meant to imply ‘all guns loaded’ as in actual firearms, but rather all resources I can muster to make sure that my children get to attend school without masks,” the email said, according to a school board member who read the note aloud. “My sincere apologies for my poor choice in words.”
:bs: There was nothing to indicate that it wasn't a literal threat. Ammosexual COVIDiots are cowards.

Speaking of cowardly COVIDiots:
... During Thursday's meeting, school board members voted 4-2 to lift a mask mandate put in place by former Gov. Ralph Northam last year, the Winchester Star reported. The vote came after Gov. Glenn Youngkin issued an executive order making K-12 mask mandates optional. The order takes effect Monday.

Youngkin, a newly elected Republican, signed the executive order on his first day in office, saying that the decision to wear a mask is a "matter of personal liberty; parents should make that decision for their children."
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:01 pm
'I will bring every single gun loaded,' parent tells Virginia school officials during mask mandate meeting

A Virginia woman has been charged after she appeared to threaten school board officials while they met to vote on whether to lift a mask requirement.

The woman, Amelia King, 42, is accused of making an oral threat on school property after she was cut off during a public comment section of the Page County public school board meeting Thursday, the Luray Police Department said in a statement.

“All right. No mask mandates,” King told board members after her three-minute comment period ended. “My children will not come to school on Monday with a mask on. That’s not happening, and I will bring every single gun loaded and ready.”

When a board member again cut off King, noting that three minutes is a policy, she said: “I’ll see y’all on Monday.”

King was arrested Friday and was later released on $5,000 bond, according to Luray police.
Should be terrorism charges, a restraining order and much higher bond.
She did not respond to a message left Friday on a phone number listed under her name. But later in Thursday's meeting she emailed an apology to a board member saying that she was “only speaking figuratively.”

“I in no way meant to imply ‘all guns loaded’ as in actual firearms, but rather all resources I can muster to make sure that my children get to attend school without masks,” the email said, according to a school board member who read the note aloud. “My sincere apologies for my poor choice in words.”
:bs: There was nothing to indicate that it wasn't a literal threat. Ammosexual COVIDiots are cowards.

Speaking of cowardly COVIDiots:
... During Thursday's meeting, school board members voted 4-2 to lift a mask mandate put in place by former Gov. Ralph Northam last year, the Winchester Star reported. The vote came after Gov. Glenn Youngkin issued an executive order making K-12 mask mandates optional. The order takes effect Monday.

Youngkin, a newly elected Republican, signed the executive order on his first day in office, saying that the decision to wear a mask is a "matter of personal liberty; parents should make that decision for their children."
What if a Muslim had said that?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:05 pm
What if a Muslim had said that?
Or a Black. No charges at all . . . s/he would be dead.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:53 pm

:thumbup: A pinnacle of moronic entitlement:
Gonzaga suspends John Stockton's season tickets for failing to follow mask protocol

Gonzaga University opted to suspend the season tickets of NBA Hall of Famer John Stockton, one of its most prominent alumni, after the star continuously failed to comply with the school's mask mandate.

Stockton told The Spokesman-Review that Gonzaga Athletic Director Chris Standiford told him of the decision. The men's basketball team is ranked No. 1 in the recent Associated Press Top 25 poll and has 10 games, including five at home, until the West Coast Conference championships and NCAA men's tournament in March.

... The Spokane, Washington, native starred at the school in the 1980s and was the first in school history to win conference player of the year. He was taken No. 16 overall in the 1984 NBA Draft and spent his entire 19-year career with the Utah Jazz.

The league's all-time assists and steals leader returned to live in Spokane full-time after retirement in 2003. He also owns a gym there were many Gonzaga athletes work out.
As O Really knows even better than me, it's Spokane, many locals are no doubt siding with Stockton. :roll:
Stockton's COVID-19 views

Stockton was part of a documentary in June, "COVID and the Vaccine: Truth, Lies and Misconceptions Revealed.”

In it he asserted that hundreds of athletes have died of vaccines and tens of thousands of people have died from them.
“I think it’s highly recorded now, there’s 150 I believe now, it’s over 100 professional athletes dead – professional athletes – the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court,” Stockton said in the interview.
"highly recorded"?
PolitiFact checked such an assertion that "hundred of thousands" died after taking the advice of celebrities regarding the vaccine and found it to be false. There is no evidence that the vaccine causes death.

Per the Centers for Disease Control, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System has received reports of death in 0.0022% of all vaccine cases from Dec. 14, 2020 to Jan. 18, 2022.
Note: A report does not equal causality by any means. So, the percentage is certainly less.

Too bad, I liked Stockton the player, but never really paid attention to Stockton the person. Yet another celeb bites the dust, IMO.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Where do they get this ability to believe insane easily refuted conspiracy bs?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:21 pm
One prominent source, but Idk who turned him into a fruitcake.

RFK Jr. Likens Anti-Vaxxer Struggle To Holocaust Victims, Including Anne Frank
“Even in Hitler’s Germany, you could cross the Alps into Switzerland, you could hide in an attic like Anne Frank did,” Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said.

:crazy:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

He cannot possibly be that stupid or uninformed. Stupid to think there are similarities; uninformed to think that Anne Frank's hiding actually had a good ending.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 am
He cannot possibly be that stupid or uninformed. Stupid to think there are similarities; uninformed to think that Anne Frank's hiding actually had a good ending.
I can't say about RFK Jr, but there are millions that ARE that stupid or uninformed.

Op-Ed: Anti-vaccine patients vent anger on healthcare workers like me. It takes a toll on care

Ugh, I sure retired at the right time. You wouldn't know it from my forum persona, but I was pretty good at taking guff without reacting in kind. However, I think COVIDiots might have been too much for me. Several response LTEs:

Letters to the Editor: Why do anti-vaxxers even show up at hospitals when they get COVID?

:clap:
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:21 pm
More like a disability.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Takes one to know one.
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am
(signature: obsessed, out of context :crybaby: ignore failure)
Awww. :violin: , Useless.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 am
I can't say about RFK Jr, but there are millions that ARE that stupid or uninformed.

:clap:
Yeah, I was referring specifically to RFK Jr. His bullshit, which he surely knows is bullshit, contributes to the stupidity and ignorance or the millions.