COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:02 pm

I can't say about RFK Jr, but there are millions that ARE that stupid or uninformed.

:clap:

Yeah, I was referring specifically to RFK Jr. His bullshit, which he surely knows is bullshit, contributes to the stupidity and ignorance or the millions.
What's the endgame, why is he selling his soul?

Aren't there other ways besides going full loonjob?

I tend to think (without caring or researching) he's batshit.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:12 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:02 pm

I can't say about RFK Jr, but there are millions that ARE that stupid or uninformed.

:clap:

Yeah, I was referring specifically to RFK Jr. His bullshit, which he surely knows is bullshit, contributes to the stupidity and ignorance or the millions.
What's the endgame, why is he selling his soul?

Aren't there other ways besides going full loonjob?

I tend to think (without caring or researching) he's batshit.
No idea. Maybe because his father was so revered and respected, he's still in some adolescent angst rebellion. Couldn't have gotten much further from the original RFK legacy.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Palin has covid, how should I feel?

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

The judge - "Rakoff first announced that Palin had tested positive earlier Monday morning. "She is, of course, unvaccinated," Rakoff said then"'

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/media/sa ... index.html
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Palin has covid, how should I feel?

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:51 pm
The judge - "Rakoff first announced that Palin had tested positive earlier Monday morning. "She is, of course, unvaccinated," Rakoff said then"'

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/media/sa ... index.html

Whatever degree of scorn and ridicule suits you is just fine.

Apparently she's got a new friend, it'll pass just like bad gas... :crazy:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Shut up and dribble.

John Stockton Dragged for Claims That Vaccinated Athletes Are ‘Dropping Dead’ Mid-Game

Also,

Gonzaga revokes former basketball star John Stockton's tickets over refusal to mask

https://news.yahoo.com/gonzaga-revokes- ... p_catchall

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:35 pm
Shut up and dribble.

John Stockton Dragged for Claims That Vaccinated Athletes Are ‘Dropping Dead’ Mid-Game

Also,

Gonzaga revokes former basketball star John Stockton's tickets over refusal to mask

https://news.yahoo.com/gonzaga-revokes- ... 14478.html
Great minds . . . http://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtopi ... 69#p155469

Stockton doesn't dribble, he drools.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:21 pm
Where do they get this ability to believe insane easily refuted conspiracy bs?
This one has credentials, and RFK Jr cites him:

A vaccine scientist's discredited claims have bolstered a movement of misinformation

:roll: :x More COVIDiot influencers comprise the speakers' list:
A promised show of strength for the anti-vaccine movement was precisely the opposite

It was supposed to be a show of strength for the anti-vaccine movement. Two years into a gruelling and deadly pandemic, at a time when opposition to vaccines and vaccine mandates have become a national political issue, more than 20,000 were expected to line up before the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC to hear from prominent vaccine sceptics, doctors, bloggers, podcasters and personalities. It was supposed to be a coming-out party for an idea that has for years threatened to break through into the mainstream.

In the end, though, only a few thousand turned up to ‘Defeat the Mandates’ – a reference to vaccine mandates implemented by the Biden administration to protect against Covid-19. Several thousand, coincidentally, is the number of Americans who are dying each day from the virus. It was just enough of a crowd to reach the bottom of the steps upon which Lincoln is perched. A long row of underutilised porta-potties that lined the National Mall spoke to the unmet aspiration of the day....
:lol: Impotent fringe.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Clapton is a racist, science denying idiot.

It's a shame that the racist crap is only now being exposed or I would have quit listening to him years ago.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Is it really necessary for seemingly normal media to publish every idiotic thing somebody says mainly because they're a celebrity?

But regarding the covidiots, I was wondering today about all the people who "don't trust" anything about the vaccine. So Trump's administration authorized and pushed through the vaccine, and it was touted by Trump's CDC director. When Biden came in, he also pushed the vaccine, along with a different CDC director. So two administrations, as different as different can be in terms of ideology, party, and approach, have both supported the vaccine, and both the President and the former guy have been vaxxed themselves. So exactly who is it that is lying? Everybody just because they're in the damgummint? Most of the strong anti-vaxxers are, ummmm, "conservatives" and many are Trumpers. They believe Trump on everything else, but think he's lying about the vaccine? Or maybe they know Trump lied, but now Biden is saying the same thing. Maybe both Trump and Biden might lie, but what are the chances they'd collaborate on the same lie? And Trudeau spreads the same lie in Canada. And the heads of Great Britain, France, Germany, or, if you don't like the "free world," the Chinese are saying the same thing. Can everybody collaborate in the same lie? And for what purpose? Control the world? So China and Canada are in cahoots to cause more illness?

It's enough to make you scream.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:00 am
Is it really necessary for seemingly normal media to publish every idiotic thing somebody says mainly because they're a celebrity?

But regarding the covidiots, I was wondering today about all the people who "don't trust" anything about the vaccine. So Trump's administration authorized and pushed through the vaccine, and it was touted by Trump's CDC director. When Biden came in, he also pushed the vaccine, along with a different CDC director. So two administrations, as different as different can be in terms of ideology, party, and approach, have both supported the vaccine, and both the President and the former guy have been vaxxed themselves. So exactly who is it that is lying? Everybody just because they're in the damgummint? Most of the strong anti-vaxxers are, ummmm, "conservatives" and many are Trumpers. They believe Trump on everything else, but think he's lying about the vaccine? Or maybe they know Trump lied, but now Biden is saying the same thing. Maybe both Trump and Biden might lie, but what are the chances they'd collaborate on the same lie? And Trudeau spreads the same lie in Canada. And the heads of Great Britain, France, Germany, or, if you don't like the "free world," the Chinese are saying the same thing. Can everybody collaborate in the same lie? And for what purpose? Control the world? So China and Canada are in cahoots to cause more illness?

It's enough to make you scream.
I like how a lot of GQP members (including the ones in TN) were at one time squawking about how "China hid this from us" and "the Chinese were trying to hide the outbreak" of the virus. Never mind that they built two hospitals in about ten days just for covid patients or how they virtually locked down one of their provinces for an extended time period during the initial outbreak. Both these facts were widely reported in various media.....so then they started in on the nonsense that it was an accidental release of a biological warfare agent. These people are so incredibly fucking stupid it's just hard to fathom it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:45 am
Clapton is a racist, science denying idiot.

It's a shame that the racist crap is only now being exposed or I would have quit listening to him years ago.
Political views and controversy

"Keep Britain White" ...

Opposition to fox-hunting ban ...

Anti-lockdown songs (with Van Morrison) ...
:ateeth: It's appalling that he's received so many awards, honors and nominations. Don't these people do any research?
O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:00 am
Is it really necessary for seemingly normal media to publish every idiotic thing somebody says mainly because they're a celebrity? ...
I clicked, so I guess it is "necessary" :problem: . Did you click on the link to learn more?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: COVIDiots in news from Clear Channel

Clear Channel stations are so informative.

https://weartv.com/news/local/fort-walt ... nt-options

"After the FDA revoked the emergency authorization for the antibody treatments"

Bad FDA. Biden must have done this. Why would he do this, he must be evil.

"Now, people who are looking to get these treatments are unable to.

Channel 3 spoke with one man, Joe Moran, (pronounced moron) Tuesday who says his appointment was cancelled Monday night.

"It was disbelief," Moran said. "I thought it was kind of a hoax or something. How could they shut something down that's helped so many people get well a lot quicker. My wife is very sick and I am right behind her in getting it. I'm doing a little better but its just a shock the government would take something away that's helping people."

Right now, Moran and his wife have no other options to get treatment since the sites were closed.

They hope something will change so people can get the treatments they need."

We are left with hope that DeSantis will win and lock Biden up

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:25 am

I clicked, so I guess it is "necessary" :problem: . Did you click on the link to learn more?
I did not. But my comment really didn't have anything to do with Clapton himself. Browse anywhere and you run across many comments by famous people that the publisher, and probably any semi-educated person in the world, would know is - at best - worthless drivel. Now if that drivel is, for example (real headline) "Britney Spears's Thong Bikini is From Target; And she said she hates her new purple hair." there's no real harm done. Everybody loves celebrity drivel and always has. And its not bad to report on a person using their celebrity status for a good cause, as Kaaron Rodgers did to help raise money and assistance following the Paradise fire. And celebrities, like anyone else, are entitled to publicly express their opinions, lamebrained though some of them might be. But when those opinions are directly contrary to known and demonstrable fact, I think media should have the obligation to ignore them, rather than give legs to the bullshit.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:42 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:25 am

I did not. But my comment really didn't have anything to do with Clapton himself. Browse anywhere and you run across many comments by famous people that the publisher, and probably any semi-educated person in the world, would know is - at best - worthless drivel. Now if that drivel is, for example (real headline) "Britney Spears's Thong Bikini is From Target; And she said she hates her new purple hair." there's no real harm done. Everybody loves celebrity drivel and always has. And its not bad to report on a person using their celebrity status for a good cause, as Kaaron Rodgers did to help raise money and assistance following the Paradise fire. And celebrities, like anyone else, are entitled to publicly express their opinions, lamebrained though some of them might be. But when those opinions are directly contrary to known and demonstrable fact, I think media should have the obligation to ignore them, rather than give legs to the bullshit.
Are you saying that the media was correct by not informing me about Clayton's racism before I spent money on his records?

I wish that I had known.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 am

Are you saying that the media was correct by not informing me about Clayton's racism before I spent money on his records?

I wish that I had known.
You, like me, seem to have missed the 1976 incident.
But anyway, reporting that Clapton says he thinks Britain should be an all-white country or that he favors a particular politician is not the same as reporting that Clapton says vaccines kill people.

It occurred to me, though, as I read about the 1976 rant, that people were much more willing to let stuff like that blow over than they are now. Today, anybody saying anything close to that would be dead in the water. Hell, today, anybody who said something like that 30 years ago is still in jeopardy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:09 am
But anyway, reporting that Clapton says he thinks Britain should be an all-white country or that he favors a particular politician is not the same as reporting that Clapton says vaccines kill people.

It occurred to me, though, as I read about the 1976 rant, that people were much more willing to let stuff like that blow over than they are now. Today, anybody saying anything close to that would be dead in the water. Hell, today, anybody who said something like that 30 years ago is still in jeopardy.
Dead in the water . . . or a former staffer for the former PINO, or a congressperson from WNC, Panhandle FL, rural GA or western CO.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

COVID-19 test provider says it'll sue LA sheriff for alleging company has links to China

The company providing COVID-19 testing in Los Angeles County said it would sue Sheriff Alex Villanueva for defamation after he claimed the company was connected to China.

Villanueva alleged late last year that Fulgent Genetics had "strong ties" to Chinese technology and genomics companies but did not provide details of those ties. In a letter to the board of supervisors, the sheriff said DNA collected as a result of the tests was "not guaranteed to be safe and secure from foreign governments."

The company, which was contracted to conduct testing and track the vaccination status of county employees, claims the sheriff's remarks were part of "a last-ditch effort" to avoid vaccine mandates, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Fulgent's attorneys asserted that the sheriff "made these and other false claims about Fulgent even though the FBI neither accused Fulgent of wrongdoing nor alluded to any evidence that Fulgent provided or would provide private medical information to China," the Times reported.

Following the sheriff's claims, Lisa Garrett, the county's director of personnel, denied that data was shared with Beijing.

"The County has no evidence from any law enforcement agency or any other source that any County employee data has been or will be shared with the Chinese government," Garrett said in an email to employees last month, the Times added.

Fulgent is also contracted by federal agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security, and is certified by the Food and Drug Administration.

Villanueva has been outspoken against the county's vaccine mandate. He has previously asserted that the mandates would cause a "mass exodus" among his employees and said that he could not enforce "reckless mandates that put the public's safety at risk." ...
:obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:30 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:09 am

Dead in the water . . . or a former staffer for the former PINO, or a congressperson from WNC, Panhandle FL, rural GA or western CO.
Well, yeah, they could be those. But smelly fish might also be considered "dead in the water." I was thinking more in terms of entertainers who get "cancelled" for their comments.

[ note for Ulysses: the people referenced as "congressperson" are not really smelly fish] :lol:

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

My Berkeley buddies used to refer to him as "Eric Claptrap".

He certainly is living up to that.