Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:34 am
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:35 pm
Sorry to hear of your knee surgery/cast. I hope it healed up OK.
Ummm, it's been 50 years or more.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:08 pm
My senior humanities class did an exchange ...
Pay attention.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:35 pm
( :crybaby: )
Cower from your idiotic comprehension fail, rectum-obsessed ignoramus Useless, cower.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:46 pm
Cower from your idiotic comprehension fail, rectum-obsessed ignoramus Useless, cower.
Good boy.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:49 pm
(signature: obsessed :crybaby: gibberish)
Awww. :violin: More, bitch!
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I've mentioned before that I've been a coin collector off and on since I was a kid. Just the other day I was looking through a listing of all the commemorative half dollar coins the US mint struck. They issued these coins for various occasions or to honor various events or people and the coins were made from 1892 to about 1954. The height of this was in the 1930's. Anyway, there are two of these commemoratives that honor black Americans; one for Booker T. Washington and another that honors him and George Washington Carver on the same coin. These two coins were issued from the late 1940's until the early 1950's. In some years the total quantity of one or both of these coins was quite low, barely over 6,000 in some cases. Virtually all previous commemorative coins with a mintage of around 6,000 now sell for hundreds of dollars. But the BTW and BTW/GWC coins with those low mintage figures sell for less than fifty dollars. Just another example of how pervasive racism is in America. The Washington/Carver coin on its reverse side shows an outline of the continental US with the word "Americanism" underneath. I've not seen that term anywhere else before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carver-Wa ... alf_dollar

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I had a coin collection when I was a kid. It got lost at some point. Kind of bores me now.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Once again we get a pretentious update on things that Useless is not interested in. It's a long list. :roll:
Ulysses wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:36 pm
(signature: obsessed :crybaby: gibberish)
Awww. :violin: , Useless.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
I had a coin collection when I was a kid. It got lost at some point. Kind of bores me now.
Funny you should bring that up. My great great great great grandfather, Supremo placebo, left this family tale that he passed down to his son Invitro placebo who then laid it on his own son Electro placebo where it went on down to great granddad Leo placebo....but the story was all about how Supremo was out minding his own business when he saw a bunch of people from Connecticut crawling down the road. They said they were crawling to California and Supremo almost lost his shit but told them to crawl on after the rest of them and he pointed the way. They were so grateful they gave him an 1828 half dollar. I still have it. It's how I got started with coin collecting. I feel I owe it to someone.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

How phony.

Everyone knows that all Placebos, including Supremo Placebo, founder of the Placebo clan, ever minded his or her own business. Interfering and lying about others is a Placebo hallmark. So your entire tale is just a fanciful fabrication.

But nice try, although like most of your tries it's not worth even a wooden nickel.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:21 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Funny you should bring that up. My great great great great grandfather, Supremo placebo, left this family tale that he passed down to his son Invitro placebo who then laid it on his own son Electro placebo where it went on down to great granddad Leo placebo....but the story was all about how Supremo was out minding his own business when he saw a bunch of people from Connecticut crawling down the road. They said they were crawling to California and Supremo almost lost his shit but told them to crawl on after the rest of them and he pointed the way. They were so grateful they gave him an 1828 half dollar. I still have it. It's how I got started with coin collecting. I feel I owe it to someone.

:clap: :clap: :D :laughing-rolling:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:38 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

So now we get to know when he's bored with things that others here enjoy.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:00 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:38 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

[image of Sluggo showing off]
So now we get to know when he's bored with things that others here enjoy.
Well, not exactly.

I'd be fascinated if you were to take one of your collectable pennies, go to the nearest overhead light, remove the cover, remove the bulb, flip the switch to the on position, balance the penny on the end of your finger, and then thrust that finger into the socket. Then let us know the year of the coin and its current value.*

(*don't do it!)

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

If I did do that, I'd use a pre 1965 dime; 90% silver, 10% copper instead of the half ass way you advocate. Silver is the best conductor of electricity. Electrons love it.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:26 am
If I did do that, I'd use a pre 1965 dime; 90% silver, 10% copper instead of the half ass way you advocate. Silver is the best conductor of electricity. Electrons love it.
Prior to 1982, US pennies were about 88% copper or more (except for 1943, when they were mostly made of zinc). Copper itself is an excellent conductor. This is why most wiring is copper, and not silver or gold. It's true that silver may be a better conductor, but in this scenario, it's not needed.

I remember when people still used screw in fuses, that a bad solution for a blown fuse was to stick a penny into the fuse socket, and then screw in the blown fuse. It would apparently complete the circuit, albeit with some serious safety concerns. Like why the fuse blew to begin with. Was there a short in the building wiring, for example?

PS-Don't do it.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 pm
The Clotilda was found yesterday

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/cult ... n-alabama/
“110 young men, women, and children crowded into the schooner’s hold … 86 feet long with a 23-foot beam and a six-foot, 11-inch hold,“ :cry: plus crew. 25 people on a 150 foot ship and I would feel crowded.
https://api.nationalgeographic.com/dist ... ne-thought

https://www.al.com/news/mobile/2021/12/ ... ought.html

"Increasingly detailed sonar scans have showed that the ship is more intact than previously thought, according to a new National Geographic story. “This is the most intact slave ship known to exist in the archeological record anywhere,” said marine archaeologist Jim Delgado."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:02 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 pm
The Clotilda was found yesterday

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/cult ... n-alabama/
“110 young men, women, and children crowded into the schooner’s hold … 86 feet long with a 23-foot beam and a six-foot, 11-inch hold,“ :cry: plus crew. 25 people on a 150 foot ship and I would feel crowded.
https://api.nationalgeographic.com/dist ... ne-thought

https://www.al.com/news/mobile/2021/12/ ... ought.html

"Increasingly detailed sonar scans have showed that the ship is more intact than previously thought, according to a new National Geographic story. “This is the most intact slave ship known to exist in the archeological record anywhere,” said marine archaeologist Jim Delgado."
https://www.theroot.com/clotilda-slave- ... 1848452613

"Following its win at the Sundance Film Festival for U.S. Documentary Special Jury Award: Creative Vision, the worldwide rights to Descendant have been acquired by Netflix."

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

That's a big ship. Do we know how deep the water is where it was found?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:10 am
20 feet

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 pm
O Really wrote:
20 feet
The only things I know about shipwrecks comes from having these guys as clients back in the early oughts https://www.odysseymarine.com/
but it would seem that even with poor visibility and mud, that exploring a big wreck 20 feet down would be a very doable project. The article may have said, but I wonder how it stayed hidden so long, even if the original crew had intentionally scuttled it.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:15 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 pm
O Really wrote:
20 feet
The only things I know about shipwrecks comes from having these guys as clients back in the early oughts https://www.odysseymarine.com/
but it would seem that even with poor visibility and mud, that exploring a big wreck 20 feet down would be a very doable project. The article may have said, but I wonder how it stayed hidden so long, even if the original crew had intentionally scuttled it.
This article says 8 to 10 feet.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithson ... %20recalls.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:57 am
( :crybaby: )
Sorority suspended after video surfaces of members mocking historically Black organization

Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU) suspended a sorority after footage surfaced of its members mocking the rituals of Zeta Phi Beta, one of the organizations that make up the Divine Nine, a group of historically Black fraternities and sororities.

Footage of the incident circulated widely on social media. It shows multiple white members of Omega Zeta Pi laughing while mimicking the hand signs of Zeta Phi Beta.

Kahlil Greene, a creator who is best known for his posts about America’s hidden history, called out the clip in a now-viral TikTok, explaining the significance of the Zeta Phi Beta rituals and condemning the students who made fun of them....

(https://www.tiktok.com/@kahlilgreene/vi ... efer=embed)
(263K likes)

Connecticut, figures.
1312. ETTD.