Faux Noise

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I'm not sure that I understand testicle tanning. Will I have to watch tucker's show to find out, or would that make me more confused?

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:22 pm
I'm not sure that I understand testicle tanning. Will I have to watch tucker's show to find out, or would that make me more confused?

Weeeelll....

I was dubious but there's a LOT of buzz on the internets about this.

The most believable is that sunlight boosts vitamin D, and in turn that *could* boost testosterone levels.

I could find only one scientific reference (perhaps because there are so many non-scientific articles about it, and also I wasn't all that interested in sunning my balls):

Effect of continuous light on spermatogenesis and testicular steroidogenesis in rats: possible involvement of alpha 2u-globulin
Male rats exposed to continous light for 70 days showed an increased weights of testis, accessory sex organs, serum levels of FSH, LH, testosterone, testicular 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (1beta-HSD) activity and alpha 2u-globulin, while 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity showed no significant changes. Prolonged light exposure also stimulated sepermatogenesis in rats. These results suggest that alpha 2u-globulin possibly stimutates the male gonad by inducing pituitary gonadotropins in continuous light-exposed rats.
I note that the above abstract is from a lab in Nepal. I'm not sure that's a reliable finding. Plus, it's in rats, which as I recall from my biomedical research days, generally have their balls hanging out anyway.

I also noticed the numerous spelling errors in the abstract, which does not instil confidence in the conclusions.

And, if the key is vitamin D, that's easily obtained in boosted milk or relatively inexpensive vitamin pill form.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:22 pm
You found a topic that really speaks to Useless, nttawwt.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:05 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'll bet they knew or could have known that without the big dollar ratings count. I thought it was common knowledge.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:53 pm
I'll bet they knew or could have known that without the big dollar ratings count. I thought it was common knowledge.
The data boosts ad sales.
The Right’s New Conspiracy Theory: Kamikaze Planes and Food Fires

A new conspiracy theory on the right—that a marauding band of arsonists and kamikaze pilots have been sabotaging the national food supply—has captivated Donald Trump supporters with the help of a big name: Tucker Carlson.

The theory has no basis in fact. Last week, an image began circulating on Facebook showing local news headlines about fires and other accidents at American food processing plants that produce everything from Hot Pockets to potatoes. The implication was that something was afoot with the food supply, even if the conspiracy theory’s proponents themselves couldn’t explain what it was. The image spread to Telegram, the social media messaging app that's become popular on the American right, with conservative figures like Jan. 6 rally organizer Ali Alexander reposting it.

But despite a total lack of evidence that anything out of the ordinary is going on, that didn’t stop Carlson from running a Fox News segment on the debunked supposition.

“Industrial accidents happen, of course, but this is a lot of industrial accidents at food processing facilities,” Carlson said during an April 21 segment on his primetime show.

Carlson opened the segment by suggesting that a sinister plot was at play, even if no one could explain what it was. He then kicked it to his guest, Seattle talk radio host Jason Rantz, who called the timing of recent fires “very suspicious.”

“You’ve got some people speculating this may be an intentional way to disrupt the food supply,” Rantz said.

Despite what Carlson, Rantz, and an anonymous image posted on Facebook say, there’s no evidence of an unusual amount of fires at American food-processing plants. A Snopes review found similar numbers of fires in earlier years. And while Carlson pointed to roughly a dozen fires as proof of a conspiracy theory, a 2017 Census report found that the United States has 37,000 food processing plants—suggesting that a dozen fires wouldn’t significantly hurt the food supply....
:roll: :crazy:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

This is probably nothing more than company sponsored cookouts or farewell celebrations for retiring employees. A free cookout using company inventory that can be written off as a deduction is a long way from a food supply conspiracy. I'll have a cheeseburger.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Lots of laughs here, but I especially liked one set:
Trevor Noah Holds Nothing Back in Brutally Funny White House Correspondents’ Dinner Roast
SHOTS FIRED
The “Daily Show” host went hard after Republicans, Democrats and all sides of the political media at “the nation’s most distinguished superspreader event.”

... “I expect this from Sean Hannity, but the rest of you, what are you doing?” Noah asked. “You spent the last two years telling everyone the importance of wearing masks and avoiding large indoor gatherings. Then the second someone offers you a free dinner, you turn into Joe Rogan.” ...

The host then compared Fox News to a Waffle House, explaining, “It’s relatively normal in the afternoon, but as soon as the sun goes down there is a drunk lady named Jeanine threatening to fight every Mexican who comes in.” He said the network’s primetime lineup is so “impactful” that their “segments about vaccines moved their viewers… into the ICU.”

Spotting Fox’s Laura Ingraham in the crowd, Noah said, “Wow, what can you say about her that hasn't already been said by the Anti-Defamation League?”

:thumbup: :lol: :---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:33 am

:---P

:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Who knew Biden was so cunning?

Genius.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:20 am
Who knew Biden was so cunning?

Genius.
Convincing Putin to invade was brilliant.

More importantly, Tucker is admitting that Russia elected Dolt .45. Also brilliant.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Fucker Carlson is a major moron.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:33 am
Trevor Noah Holds Nothing Back in Brutally Funny White House Correspondents’ Dinner Roast
SHOTS FIRED
The “Daily Show” host went hard after Republicans, Democrats and all sides of the political media at “the nation’s most distinguished superspreader event.”

... “I expect this from Sean Hannity, but the rest of you, what are you doing?” Noah asked. “You spent the last two years telling everyone the importance of wearing masks and avoiding large indoor gatherings. Then the second someone offers you a free dinner, you turn into Joe Rogan.” ...

:thumbup: :lol: :---P
Virus Cases Grow After White House Correspondents' Dinner

... By Wednesday, Noah’s chiding remarks at what he called “the nation’s most distinguished superspreader event” were beginning to appear prophetic as a growing number of attendees, including a string of journalists and Secretary of State Antony Blinken, said they had tested positive for the virus....

The Post reported that some White House officials were worried that safety measures for the dinner were insufficient, and that the White House Correspondents’ Association had rebuffed an offer to have a company install — at no charge — devices that disinfect the air using ultraviolet light.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, Biden’s top medical adviser for the coronavirus, said he would not attend the dinner, citing his “individual assessment of my personal risk.” Fauci was later photographed attending a smaller outdoor pre-party before the dinner Saturday.
:---P It was probably some Faux Noise asshole with a fake vax card.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:10 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:29 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:08 am
Slothism is what these people do....lavishly dish out sloth to slothful mush brain audiences. They like it better than sex.
There's a reason for that :D . That's Meghan McCain’s husband, college dropout Ben Domenech. :wtf: ...
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:48 am
I suspected that she was trash.
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:10 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:53 am
Meghan has really pissed me off at times, but I was clueless as to how evil a RepuQ she is.
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:22 am
Ah, the sloth runs deep here.....I wonder what her dad thought about her marrying this clown. But at least they now have a baby to cook and eat. I think they named it Liberty, which I consider a cruel joke the kid will have to live with. And I expect their next one they'll name Justice while being no less confused than they were when they had Liberty.
Meghan McCain quit 'The View' after Joy Behar triggered postpartum anxiety: 'I no longer felt safe'

Already exploiting her newborn with excuse making for her personal issues - great mothering :roll: . Even if all of her whining is accurate, which is dubious, it's only karma given her choice of husband. When you cavort with pigs you shouldn't complain about getting splashed with pig shit.
New article:
John McCain was 'appalled and embarrassed' by Meghan McCain's tantrums, former campaign manager says

John McCain's former campaign manager Steve Schmidt vented about the late senator's daughter on Twitter, describing Meghan McCain as "a bully, entitled, unaccomplished, spoiled and mean."

Her tantrums and antics, Schmidt alleged in an 11-part Twitter thread, left the veteran senator "appalled and embarrassed" by his daughter during his 2008 campaign trail.

Schmidt, who headed up the day-to-day operations of the McCain-Palin campaign, used Twitter to rage about the 37-year-old television personality after the pair clashed online about the sales of her latest book.

According to the Washington Examiner, McCain has sold just 244 copies of "Bad Republican: A Memoir."
Oooh, Bad Author: A Loser. :lol:
Schmidt pointed this out, and McCain appeared to like a Twitter reply baselessly claiming that Schmidt had "been "running a pedo racket" in response.
A Qidiot, too. Figures.
... Schmidt went on to describe McCain's alleged conduct throughout the campaign. "The tantrums were beyond anything I have ever witnessed from any other human being," Schmidt said in a tweet.

"They were epic meltdowns that would test the range of Meryl Streep, Kate Winslett, Jodi Foster, and Anne Hathaway on their best days," he continued.

He alleged that the tantrums, which he said involved "raging, screaming, crying," were directed at staff, makeup artists, and the Secret Service.
:---P
Schmidt said he confronted the former TV personality and was met with an entitled response. "I told her she was privileged and lucky and should be grateful," he wrote. "She told me and anyone else who would listen in response, ''Do you know who the Fuck my Dad is?''"
:roll:
The former aide drew the tirade against McCain to a close-by accusing her of rejecting her "family's history of service for a shallow and purposeless celebrity." ...
:---P :---P :---P

It must be awful to be 37 and realize that The View, which she ultimately failed at, is the pinnacle of what she will achieve in life. :violin:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:50 am

It must be awful to be 37 and realize that The View, which she ultimately failed at, is the pinnacle of what she will achieve in life. :violin:
Well past her expiration date.

Good riddance.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I've never had the opportunity to sell my soul for money and power. Pretty sure this is what it looks like.

Ted Cruz and Fox News Are Desperate to Convince America That Conservatives Are the Real Victims in the War on Abortion

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:07 pm
I've never had the opportunity to sell my soul for money and power. Pretty sure this is what it looks like.

Ted Cruz and Fox News Are Desperate to Convince America That Conservatives Are the Real Victims in the War on Abortion
That's pretty unfair. I haven't seen any evidence that Ted Cruz ever had a soul.

Howard Dean wants Rupert Murdoch to be deported, calls Tucker Carlson 'a danger to the United States'

Howard Dean, the former DNC Chair and governor of Vermont, appeared Thursday on The Beat With Ari Melber and weighed in on Fox News and the backlash the network has received following the mass shooting in Buffalo, N.Y. Fox News hosts and guests have spent years pushing the racist “replacement theory” conspiracy on the network, a conspiracy the Buffalo shooter cited many times in his manifesto before murdering 10 Black people at a supermarket. Dean first went after Fox founder Rupert Murdoch, an Australian immigrant.

“I see the brand of Fox being hate, anger, dishonesty, and now murder. … Murdoch has harmed this country more than any other human being in my lifetime, and he should never have been given citizenship,” Dean said. “The one thing I’d change about our immigration policy, is to send Murdoch back to Australia and keep him there, with the whole family.”

As Melber began to unpack what was just said, Dean added, “If you cause that much trouble, and you spread lies and hate and anger, and tear the United States apart with your crappy TV shows, simply to make money, you do not belong, you do not deserve American citizenship, period.”

Dean then turned to Fox opinion host Tucker Carlson, a longtime advocate of the “replacement theory” conspiracy who attempted to deflect blame when facing backlash following the Buffalo shooting. Despite endorsing the conspiracy hundreds of times over the years, Carlson on Tuesday claimed he didn’t know what it was, then went on to say it was “coming from the left.”

“The guy is nuts. I mean, really? You gonna take this seriously in any way? But he’s dangerous because he’s got a lot of people who believe in this nonsense,” Dean said. “I actually think he’s crazy. But he’s malevolently crazy, and he’s a danger to the United States of America. And since we can’t take him off the air, we ought to boycott Fox.”

Dean went on to call out Fox and Murdoch for the damage that he believes they are doing to the United States.

“These people mean to harm the United States of America. And they’re far worse than even what Carlson was saying there,” Dean said. “It goes to antisemitism with the attacks on the synagogue in Pittsburgh. It goes to the murders in Buffalo this week. But it also goes to supporting Vladimir Putin and his murder of hundreds of thousands of people in Ukraine and driving people out. This is a bad guy and Fox is a bad company, and they ought to be treated accordingly. They are the enemy of the United States of America.”
:---P :---P :---P
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This is real.

Did someone get hacked?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TuckerCarlson

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:55 pm
This is real.

Did someone get hacked?

:D
It's not "Harvard College & Yale Law School", but Trinity College (Connecticut)
(BA in history) is not a slacker school.
I had to look up the Aspen Institute. :o
"Fully vaccinated" is probably true. :---P
"They/Theirs 🇺🇦 " :laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:15 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:55 pm
This is real.

Did someone get hacked?

:D
It's not "Harvard College & Yale Law School", but Trinity College (Connecticut)
(BA in history) is not a slacker school.
I had to look up the Aspen Institute. :o
"Fully vaccinated" is probably true. :---P
"They/Theirs 🇺🇦 " :laughing-rolling:
Emmy Award Winning Broadcast Journalist? :laughing-rolling: :---P :---P